Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Well that's a lovely Fiji room looking out over the sand and edge of the bay in 2023 not going to happen having seen those permits. They'll have to re-categorise some of those rooms surely? They can't justify full rack rates with that level of construction surely?
I hope they won't charge full rack rates for the construction views! Personally, I think they should block out the rooms entirely during construction, but that doesn't seem to be how they operate.

If booked in garden or standard rooms for later this year, I might try to rebook to the DVC studios or club rooms, or a different resort. 😟 I'll admit that I'm relieved that our December stay will be in the DVC studios, as that should be plenty far removed from the construction area. It will be a bummer if the walking path to the Grand Floridian is blocked, though at least there's still monorail and boat options.

We have a standard room booked for two weeks in Novemeber. We have been so excited for this trip, our first stay at the Poly and first time back after a Covid and travel restrictions.

I'm starting to feel very nervous about possible construction now though - I guess I'm worried about getting there and the experience of staying at the Poly is diminished due to construction. For those of you who are more familiar with the resort, what are your predictions for the level of disruption from this?

I have a question about reserving the patios at the Oasis pool. I’m staying on the DVC side for the first time in June (mostly to be as far away as possible from any construction), and I was looking forward to booking a patio on my resort day.

When I looked at the official Disney site about the patios, it says that the patios can only be booked by guests of Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. Does this mean that since I’m staying at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungelows I won’t be able to book a patio? Has anyone ever reserved a patio while staying on the DVC side?

In early March Lava Pool hours moved to 10am-11pm, which I believe is still the case (haven't seen a report otherwise). The Oasis Pool is always 7am-11pm year round. Enjoy your trip!

I wish the main pool would open earlier, in my "best wife ever" decision making, i told my husband he could book 3 tee times. My kids are up at the crack of dawn, so looks like we'll be hanging out at the oasis pool.

I have a question about reserving the patios at the Oasis pool. I’m staying on the DVC side for the first time in June (mostly to be as far away as possible from any construction), and I was looking forward to booking a patio on my resort day.

When I looked at the official Disney site about the patios, it says that the patios can only be booked by guests of Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. Does this mean that since I’m staying at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungelows I won’t be able to book a patio? Has anyone ever reserved a patio while staying on the DVC side?
We are in a few weeks!

We stayed DVC side in November of 2020 and were able to book a patio. There were still low-ish crowds then, so could book day of. I called the activities line but got the run around and it took about 45 minutes to do. I wish I had just gone to the front desk to do it more quickly.

We have a standard room booked for two weeks in Novemeber. We have been so excited for this trip, our first stay at the Poly and first time back after a Covid and travel restrictions.

I'm starting to feel very nervous about possible construction now though - I guess I'm worried about getting there and the experience of staying at the Poly is diminished due to construction. For those of you who are more familiar with the resort, what are your predictions for the level of disruption from this?

Just for context, I stayed at Poly several times during the 2014-2015'ish major Poly construction period (major lobby renovations, bungalow addition, Oasis Pool construction, Laval Pool major construction, DVC longhouse conversion, etc - that was a really tough stretch! I don't dismiss those that flee for safer grounds during major construction projects, but I've never personally regretted staying during construction (caveat that I'm a pretty flexible traveler and am OK if everything isn't 'perfect' at that particular moment).

Anyway, from a 'typical Poly stay' perspective unless you have a room on the "left" side of the resort facing the new tower area (so half of Aotearoa, Fiji, maybe a few in Tuvalu), generally speaking (key word) I don't think it'll have a major impact. Much of a typical Poly experience revolves around the center to right side of the resorts (if looking north) and the area between Poly and GF (left side of the resort) really is "off to the side" so to speak. You could easily go about a Poly stay and never even go over to that side at all, for some.

Some things it will impact:

- Walking/running path to GF (presumably there will be a detour of some sort)
- Access to the gym at GF (also presumably there will be a detour of some sort)
- Views/noise from some of Aotearoa, Fiji, and Tuvalu
- There is a lovely beach area there that will be cut off, but other than being a peaceful area, it's not an overly popular spot as there's limited fireworks audio and the main Poly beach area is a "better" spot anyway (IMHO, some may disagree with this)

Don't get me wrong, it looks like some of that construction will be right up on Aotearoa and Fiji so if you have a construction-facing room there, you'll have a material impact in terms of view and/or noise in the room. This will be a serious construction project after all. But others could have a stay with minimal impact if their travels don’t take them to that side of the resort.

For standard view hotel rooms, I suspect it will put a premium on Rarotonga as request (to the extent it wasn't already - it's always a popular request given its central spot in the resort). Or "not facing construction" seems like a good request too.

Those are my thoughts are the moment - guess we'll see!

We stayed DVC side in November of 2020 and were able to book a patio. There were still low-ish crowds then, so could book day of. I called the activities line but got the run around and it took about 45 minutes to do. I wish I had just gone to the front desk to do it more quickly.
Thank you! That’s very good to know. I tried calling Disney yesterday to get an answer to my question before I posted here and it said the wait was over 2 hours!! I was at work and didn’t have time for that lol.

Hi everyone, heading to Poly May 7-12. Any idea what Capt Cook’s operating hours are? We will be in a DVC studio so will use the coffee pot, but I’m a decaf person and like to walk over and get a cup when I wake up.

Stayed at Pop for a quick trip in November and the food court didn’t open until 7 am - really out a damper on my early morning coffee!

Hi everyone, heading to Poly May 7-12. Any idea what Capt Cook’s operating hours are? We will be in a DVC studio so will use the coffee pot, but I’m a decaf person and like to walk over and get a cup when I wake up.

Stayed at Pop for a quick trip in November and the food court didn’t open until 7 am - really out a damper on my early morning coffee!
7 am at Capt. Cooks. Kona Isle has coffee and juice and pastries. App says they open at 6:30.

I would definitely request Rarotonga.

If you do end up being placed in a building on the left side of the resort where the construction is and they are unable to move you when you check in, ask if they can move you the following day.

Being away from construction noise is especially important since you are staying for 2 weeks. :goodvibes

We have a trip planned for June 28 through July 4th. We have stayed in Fiji the last few trips and was hoping we could get in there again (put a request but know it may not be honored). Now I am worried about when construction will be starting on the new DVC building. How quickly do things usually get started with a project that large?

i wish i knew, hoping we get an announcement with a construction start date. Also, my understanding is they only filed for permits, state of Florida still needs to review/approve. That could take weeks, months? anyone know ?

What is the best way to get to WL for a breakfast reservation? Not sure if there is a boat from Contemporary or not! ☪️🤔

My family and I will be staying at the Poly for the first time in August and we'd like to stay in either Niue of Rarotonga. Have the rooms in these buildings been updated to the Moana theme and does the 2nd floor of these buildings have balconies with chairs? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
My family and I will be staying at the Poly for the first time in August and we'd like to stay in either Niue of Rarotonga. Have the rooms in this building been updated to the Moana theme and does the 2nd floor of these buildings have balconies with chairs? Thanks in advance!

New Moana themed rooms, yes. Second floor balconies/chairs, no - just a sliding glass door that opens up directly to a railing.

Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter