Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Hi Folks,
I'm sorry if I've missed this in another thread, but have the club level studios been updated to the Moana theme like the regular studios? Do they have the murphy bed?
Many thanks!

Hi Folks,
I'm sorry if I've missed this in another thread, but have the club level studios been updated to the Moana theme like the regular studios? Do they have the murphy bed?
Many thanks!
Studios are in the dvc . The rooms in Hawaii building aka club level at poly have the Moana resort rooms with 2 queens and a day bed . You need to look at the poly resort rooms not the dvc rooms . They are separate booking categories .

There are lots of pix and videos !
This is the twin . It flips down to make it .

Hope I explained it correctly ? Let me know if any other questions 😊

Attachments

• 3F08B8EC-7E45-44E0-A069-5C8F804B9AB5.jpeg
    3F08B8EC-7E45-44E0-A069-5C8F804B9AB5.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 14
Hi guys! Just booked a room for september- are there any moana rooms with a roll in/walk in shower? And if so what should we request? Thank you!!

Planning ahead for our trip in a few weeks, which are now seeing some earlier opening times. With early entry openings of 8:30 at MK, 8 at Epcot, 7:30 at HS, and 7 at AK, how early should we be waiting for monorails and buses if we‘re relying on Disney transportation and want to be there for the start of early entry?

Can anyone comment on how bus service has been recently at the Poly? Have people been able to get to HS and AK early hours on time?
We just got back and had no issue getting a bus to HS for early entry. The day we did AK we had to wait a while for a bus, but it was not early entry or even rope drop. So maybe it’s better first thing in the morning. But we watched at least 4 HS busses come and go before AK showed up.

For those of you that have watched fireworks from the Poly beach on July 4th- is it a mad house? But I’m assuming still better than the mad house at the MK?
Yes a madhouse on the beach in front of the pool & Hawaii, but not as bad at the MK. MK is totally chaotic.

Just returned Sunday from a 7 night stay at the Poly.
The staff were all very nice and very helpful.

B'fast at O'Hana was ok, but certainly not worth the money charged.
Crowds were high, and the main pool was pretty much always packs. Very hard to get a chair, and it was wall to wall kids. This was the most crowded we've ever seen it. Luckily we reserved a patio at the Oasis pool on Tuesday the 5th and that was a great investment.

We noticed that after 4pm the whole resort , especially the lobby became pretty crowded. A lot of locals and others from various resorts trying to get into Trader Sams. We were disappointed in the selection of food at Capt Cooks and found ourselves getting quick service from Grand Floridian.

They didn't have the Smart TV in our standard room. We're wondering when they will switch all the rooms over to that so you can stream Disney+

We wanted to squeeze in one last stay before the StayBridge suites tower starts construction. I filmed the area where it will be built, and there's not much room. Not sure where they will handle operational things like laundry/housekeeping & maintenance. Once that get's built the crowds will be come worse I believe.

Let me know if you have any questions.

thank you for the report - we've only stayed at AKL before so I am a bit nervous about how busy the Poly is!

Fully expecting it to be crazy packed next week but will try to enjoy it all the same. I haven't stayed at the Poly for 30 years so I'm looking forward to it!

Just read all 84 pages about the Poly to prep for our December 11 through 16, DVC, stay. Will be our first stay at the Poly. Thanks for all the info. Can't wait. Just keeping my fingers crossed for warm weather. We froze last December during our stay.
We are trying to get the same week with DVC. What type of room did you get?

Have the DVC studios been updated with Moana or just the regular rooms?

Just regular rooms.

Last edited:
We are staying in a DVC studio at the end of next month. Hubby and I with our 2 girls. What’s the storage like and what do y’all recommend as far as bringing a hanging organizer thingy or whatever.
We are driving so plenty of room to bring whatever is needed to make our week long stay more comfortable.

Just returned Sunday from a 7 night stay at the Poly.
The staff were all very nice and very helpful.

B'fast at O'Hana was ok, but certainly not worth the money charged.
Crowds were high, and the main pool was pretty much always packs. Very hard to get a chair, and it was wall to wall kids. This was the most crowded we've ever seen it. Luckily we reserved a patio at the Oasis pool on Tuesday the 5th and that was a great investment.

We noticed that after 4pm the whole resort , especially the lobby became pretty crowded. A lot of locals and others from various resorts trying to get into Trader Sams. We were disappointed in the selection of food at Capt Cooks and found ourselves getting quick service from Grand Floridian.

They didn't have the Smart TV in our standard room. We're wondering when they will switch all the rooms over to that so you can stream Disney+

We wanted to squeeze in one last stay before the StayBridge suites tower starts construction. I filmed the area where it will be built, and there's not much room. Not sure where they will handle operational things like laundry/housekeeping & maintenance. Once that get's built the crowds will be come worse I believe.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Was trader Sam's still a virtual queue that you had to be at host stand to line up for the 3pm opening?

We are staying in a DVC studio at the end of next month. Hubby and I with our 2 girls. What’s the storage like and what do y’all recommend as far as bringing a hanging organizer thingy or whatever.
We are driving so plenty of room to bring whatever is needed to make our week long stay more comfortable.
We were in a studio with our 2 boys last week. There are large drawers under the bed on each side, so husband and I used those for our clothes. The coffee table is basically a trunk (if that makes sense) so I packed the boys’ clothes in packing cubes and just threw them in that, which we kept at the end of the Murphy bed. There are also decent sized drawers in each bathroom.

Was trader Sam's still a virtual queue that you had to be at host stand to line up for the 3pm opening?
Yes. Someone comes out at 2 pm to take phone numbers, and they’ll text you when it’s your turn. The day we went, I got in line around 1:45 and we got in right at 3.

If I’m remembering correctly, over the summer they were offering some form of reserved seating at the lava pool (just some chairs and an umbrella from what I could gather). Anyone know if they’re still offering this? Anybody with experience having utilized that reservation? I’m getting antsy about our ability to find a chair on our arrival day since we won’t get there until mid afternoon. Normally I wouldn’t sweat it, but it’s our first time bringing our kids (2 and 4) so hoping to mitigate any potential for stress since I’m sure they’ll be providing us with plenty of that themselves haha 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter