Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Hi, we’re going in April and staying in a standard room. Two kids, 6 and 9. My understanding is that there will be two beds plus a Murphy/fold out bed right? How have people found sharing a room with kids for multiple nights? As odd as it may sound, we actually haven’t traveled that way before and are a bit nervous about it. Does everyone just crash at the same time I guess? Any issues with getting a full night’s sleep with everyone that close? Would love to hear others’ experiences with this, thanks!!
Also I think I saw somewhere that Poly can do full housekeeping upon request, right? I really want to request this as much as possible because for the price especially, I’d love to return to a clean made up room after a day at the parks.

We've only traveled with one kid so far (seeing as the other was born in 2020). But AS A KID we only ever shared one hotel room when we traveled (2 adults, 3 kids, sometimes a dog). I think the key was to make sure the kids are as tired as humanly possible so that they crash and the parents can enjoy an adult beverage or watch TV.

We have a 5 year old daughter. We’ve been away a few times, most recently a trip this summer (not Disney). Always stayed at a hotel with just the main area and a bathroom. Haven’t had any issues. She stays up pretty late though so we just go to bed around the same time. In the summer we went to Hershey and were tired by the time we returned to the room.
Thanks so much! When she stays up late with you guys, what time does she wake up out of curiosity? I’m torn between giving up on getting kids to bed at a reasonable time during the trip and putting in some effort to ensure they get a decent amount of sleep to minimize crankiness the next day

Thanks so much! When she stays up late with you guys, what time does she wake up out of curiosity? I’m torn between giving up on getting kids to bed at a reasonable time during the trip and putting in some effort to ensure they get a decent amount of sleep to minimize crankiness the next day
We’ve done Disney trips with our 2 boys 3 times now, first when they were 3&6 and most recently 6&9, all in standard Poly rooms ( and next month we’re going back when they’ll be 9&12!) To echo what others have said, it’s not ideal, all sharing a room for a week, but it’s not too bad. We always request a room with a balcony, so we put the kids to bed and then sit out there with cocktails for an hour or 2. We also use a white noise app on an iPad at night.
We usually have a couple/few later nights per trip for fireworks or a later park night, but other than that the kids are usually so wiped out by the end of the day that they crash whenever we tell them it’s bedtime! You know your kids best though—we know that ours, even now that they’re a bit older, are naturally early risers and can’t handle too many late nights without getting grumpy. If that happens, we’ve been known to have forced family nap time during an afternoon break. 😉 Have a great trip!

When we were at Disney she’d wake up early. She did fall asleep at the pool in the afternoon but that was nice for us 😂.

This is probably a silly question, but if we make an early reservation at Chef Mickey‘s (like 7:30ish), will we have any trouble using transportation to get there in time? Will the monorail or buses be running that early?

This is probably a silly question, but if we make an early reservation at Chef Mickey‘s (like 7:30ish), will we have any trouble using transportation to get there in time? Will the monorail or buses be running that early?
monorail starts at 7am...you'll be fine.

Hello all! I was wondering if Trader Sam's Grotto is still walk up waitlist/virtual list - we were there in October and got lucky snagging a spot but I wasn't sure if things changed (or rumored to) since. We will be there in May and have 1 shot at getting in for a quick drink. TIA!

We are staying at the Poly in a DVC Studio in January. What building are these rooms in? It doesn't really matter, I'm just curious. I'm so excited, staying at the Poly has been on my bucket list since I was a kid. Poly is iconic Disney to me...more so than GF of the Contemporary! :-)

We are staying at the Poly in a DVC Studio in January. What building are these rooms in? It doesn't really matter, I'm just curious. I'm so excited, staying at the Poly has been on my bucket list since I was a kid. Poly is iconic Disney to me...more so than GF of the Contemporary! :-)

Tokelau, Moorea, & Pago Pago are the DVC Longhouse buildings. Tokelau is closest to the Great Ceremonial House, Pago Pago is closest to TTC (may have a monorail and/or parking lot view) and if you booked the lake view category, you will be in Moorea. Our personal preference is Tokelau 3rd floor

Hi everyone, does anyone know if the 1 bedroom suites have 2 entrances to the bathroom or if you can only enter through the bedroom?

Thanks

Hi everyone, does anyone know if the 1 bedroom suites have 2 entrances to the bathroom or if you can only enter through the bedroom?

Thanks

There’s only one 1-BR suite (just FYI), but no, the only bathroom entrance is through the bedroom. I recently posted some pics on the Club Level thread if interested. Happy to answer any questions.

Our first trip to the Poly is in a few weeks, and we just have one park day planned. We have a poolside patio reserved for one day and will also hit up Disney Springs. We plan to take the resort monorail loop to eat and explore as well (love the CR arcade!).

What are your favorite things to do/see at the Poly outside of the pool and shopping? Any hidden gems we should know about, or must-do activities great for families or kids (son is 11)? He loves pin trading. Are there are any hidden resort pins boards we should know about?

1st time poster here, Just had a quick question for anyone that can help. I was looking at the room availability on the Disney website and i see most of the rooms & suites w/club access are unavailable no matter what dates i change it to. Is this a situation where I need to talk to someone or are all the rooms just literally all booked?

1st time poster here, Just had a quick question for anyone that can help. I was looking at the room availability on the Disney website and i see most of the rooms & suites w/club access are unavailable no matter what dates i change it to. Is this a situation where I need to talk to someone or are all the rooms just literally all booked?
Keep checking . Availability changes daily and even within the day.

Poly is super popular.

Our first trip to the Poly is in a few weeks, and we just have one park day planned. We have a poolside patio reserved for one day and will also hit up Disney Springs. We plan to take the resort monorail loop to eat and explore as well (love the CR arcade!).

What are your favorite things to do/see at the Poly outside of the pool and shopping? Any hidden gems we should know about, or must-do activities great for families or kids (son is 11)? He loves pin trading. Are there are any hidden resort pins boards we should know about?
Honestly it is the simple things kids enjoy. A swim in the dark, trying the hot tubs (2 of them), watching fireworks and water pageant from the beach. etc.

Ordering his own food and fetching from Cap Cooks. My kids loved having freedom.

The boat from poly to mk is nice too. It goes poly mk gf and back to poly if you just want to ride without going to mk.

The swings on the beach are always nice as well. Just enjoy the sights and sounds of disney.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll bookmark and check everyday. I knew it was popular but not to this extent lol. Has it always been like this or current times with reduced guest capacity? I tried changing to a lot of dates but can't seem to even find availability for any type of room.

We are staying at the Poly in March but have dinner reservations one night at Boma - it’s my husbands birthday and he’s a big foodie so this seemed to be a good fit. What is the best was to get to AKL from the Poly? I was thinking Uber but I’ve priced it out a couple of times recently and the price for the size we need at that time of day is around $50 each way! Is there a decent way using Disney transportation? And how long should we allow?

We are staying at the Poly in March but have dinner reservations one night at Boma - it’s my husbands birthday and he’s a big foodie so this seemed to be a good fit. What is the best was to get to AKL from the Poly? I was thinking Uber but I’ve priced it out a couple of times recently and the price for the size we need at that time of day is around $50 each way! Is there a decent way using Disney transportation? And how long should we allow?
Not ideal but I suppose boat/monorail from Poly to MK then bus to AKL. 1.5 hours to be safe?

Welcome to the DIS!

As a prior poster noted, Poly has been a tough ticket since the renovation. Well, it was tough before, but seems even more-so these days. “Why can’t I find anything available” posts have been pretty common at Poly and frankly many resorts since reopening. Whether it’s truly raging demand or Disney’s booking algorithms, who really knows.

As for the Club Level rooms, there are very few suites so it’s not unusual for those rooms to show no availability. Theme Park View, Lagoon View, and Garden View Club Level rooms ‘should’ be better, but not always.

Mind if I ask what approximate dates you’re searching? Just curious.

If you’re not already, when searching Disney’s website make sure you’re using the private browser feature on your browser, such a Chrome Incognito, etc. When I don’t use it sometimes old pages get hung up in the display results for me.

And also just double check you don’t have any special offers checked on the search page.

But keep checking - even to the point of total frustration. Things do change all the time, especially closer to the dates in question.

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter