Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Y’all we had to switch over to GF lagoon view for our last 2 nights in January. I called to have the AP discount applied but it wasn’t available for our existing Poly stay. I’m sad but still very excited about GF!
Keep checking online. There is a lot of movement. Also close to 30 days prior will have more options in general.

I think it was you that asked a similar question on the CL thread… but I’ll answer here too. For the CLs that have reopened, generally speaking (key word) offerings are pretty consistent with pre-COVID. The exception is mid-day snacks, which are now pre-packaged chips, cookings, goldfish, granola bars, and similar type items. Mid-day service was always the lightest service at most CLs anyway, but the current iteration is sort of dummied down and lacking much character. All the CLs seem to be following this for the moment, at least.

As for Poly specifics, TBD of course. But we do know the lounge has been fully renovated and looks fantastic - I can’t wait!
Regarding the mid-day snacks, does this mean the various lounges are not doing their chips? I seem to remember Poly CL was a mix of hand cut chips and pita?

Regarding the mid-day snacks, does this mean the various lounges are not doing their chips? I seem to remember Poly CL was a mix of hand cut chips and pita?

Correct. It’s just bags of chips and various other things. I’ll include some recent BWI CL pics below just for representation. Not every currently open CL is exactly the same as this, but they all seem to be pretty close.

You’re correct - mid day Poly snacks used to be ‘house made’ chips, pita slices, various dips, lettuce wraps, etc. Of course we’ll have to wait for Poly CL to open to see what all they do.

9D2E6258-3986-470F-B462-1E0F4C0410FC.jpeg

B80EDE26-7BA9-44C2-B255-61007706020E.jpeg

Does anyone know if the Murphy beds are in all of the Tokelau rooms yet? I know there were some rooms that still had couches a few weeks ago.

Have there been any whispers/rumors as to when the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show will be re-opening? I would love to experience it for our upcoming stay.

Have there been any whispers/rumors as to when the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show will be re-opening? I would love to experience it for our upcoming stay.
The only whispers/rumors I’ve read suggest it’s not coming back. Supposedly the Hoop De Doo performers were called back some time ago, but no such rumbles re Aloha. Sorry.

I read a rumor somewhere that it will never be coming back because Disney wants to build a BLT style DVC building in that spot. Who knows if there is any basis in fact to that rumor - but I do also think I read (maybe in that same story) that the paperwork has already been filed to build the new road to that spot.

Whipers/rumors- when we were there beginning of October, the sign for the luau show was on display by the front desk. I asked a Front Desk cast member when the luau will be back and he said in the spring. 🤷‍♀️
🤞 fingers crossed for a return

We got back from 5 nights at the Poly yesterday. Our trip was just DH and I who are in our mid 40s. Just wanted to give a few highlights from our trip.

We had a standard view room booked and requested a King room. We were in Rarotonga 3808 - it was a handicapped room because that was all that was left with a king bed. We only had a shower stall instead of a tub - it had a fold down shower seat in it - at first I thought it was annoying because it took up a good chunk of real estate in the already small stall, but I embraced it and since we didn't have a tub to soak in, I would sit on the stool and just let the hot water pour down over me.

We really liked the remodeled rooms. The bench at the end of the bed was a great addition as a nice place to sit down and put your shoes on. The chair/ottoman isn't as comfortable as the old one, but it wasn't terrible.

We spent a lot of time at the resort and especially enjoyed the Oasis pool. It was never very crowded and the bartender/servers were fantastic. We rented a cabana for Saturday, but it ended up being only 60 degrees Saturday. My DH went down and spent some time in the cabana, but I stayed in the room snuggled under the covers watching TV.

The first day we were there, we didn't get any housekeeping service (which we expected), but then we did get it all the rest of the days. They brought towels, emptied the trash and replenished cups/TP/etc.

We got breakfast most mornings from Cap'n Cooks. I would do mobile order and my DH would run down and grab it to eat in the room. We got dinner from there one night too. The mornings were very busy, but mobile order was easy and very well organized. We got lunch from the Oasis Pool bar one afternoon and got some wings as a snack from there one day.

We went to the Tambu Lounge a couple nights for drinks. It was hit or miss about how busy it was. We ordered some food one of the nights and there was a problem when the bar tender sent our order to the kitchen, so she ended up giving us a free bread pudding for our long wait - yum yum.

The Boutiki is always one of my favorite shops in all of WDW and it was fairly sparse. I felt like all the shops didn't have nearly as much as they did pre-pandemic. I really wanted the new Poly ears, but they were already sold out and the CM said she had no idea when/if they would get more. I hate the "planned scarcity" Disney has been doing with so much merch lately.

We didn't use tons of WDW transportation. We did take the boat to MK and the Monorail to Epcot. The resort monorail broke down one morning and we ended up being super late for a breakfast ADR at the Grand Floridian. Mostly we took Lyft rides. There were always TONS of drivers and we never waited more than 5-10 minutes for a car.

Feel free to ask any questions.

We got back from 5 nights at the Poly yesterday. Our trip was just DH and I who are in our mid 40s. Just wanted to give a few highlights from our trip.

We had a standard view room booked and requested a King room. We were in Rarotonga 3808 - it was a handicapped room because that was all that was left with a king bed. We only had a shower stall instead of a tub - it had a fold down shower seat in it - at first I thought it was annoying because it took up a good chunk of real estate in the already small stall, but I embraced it and since we didn't have a tub to soak in, I would sit on the stool and just let the hot water pour down over me.

We really liked the remodeled rooms. The bench at the end of the bed was a great addition as a nice place to sit down and put your shoes on. The chair/ottoman isn't as comfortable as the old one, but it wasn't terrible.

We spent a lot of time at the resort and especially enjoyed the Oasis pool. It was never very crowded and the bartender/servers were fantastic. We rented a cabana for Saturday, but it ended up being only 60 degrees Saturday. My DH went down and spent some time in the cabana, but I stayed in the room snuggled under the covers watching TV.

The first day we were there, we didn't get any housekeeping service (which we expected), but then we did get it all the rest of the days. They brought towels, emptied the trash and replenished cups/TP/etc.

We got breakfast most mornings from Cap'n Cooks. I would do mobile order and my DH would run down and grab it to eat in the room. We got dinner from there one night too. The mornings were very busy, but mobile order was easy and very well organized. We got lunch from the Oasis Pool bar one afternoon and got some wings as a snack from there one day.

We went to the Tambu Lounge a couple nights for drinks. It was hit or miss about how busy it was. We ordered some food one of the nights and there was a problem when the bar tender sent our order to the kitchen, so she ended up giving us a free bread pudding for our long wait - yum yum.

The Boutiki is always one of my favorite shops in all of WDW and it was fairly sparse. I felt like all the shops didn't have nearly as much as they did pre-pandemic. I really wanted the new Poly ears, but they were already sold out and the CM said she had no idea when/if they would get more. I hate the "planned scarcity" Disney has been doing with so much merch lately.

We didn't use tons of WDW transportation. We did take the boat to MK and the Monorail to Epcot. The resort monorail broke down one morning and we ended up being super late for a breakfast ADR at the Grand Floridian. Mostly we took Lyft rides. There were always TONS of drivers and we never waited more than 5-10 minutes for a car.

Feel free to ask any questions.
Ah sounds like a lovely trip!

Thanks for posting.

Excellent reporting! Can you please elaborate on the pool cabanas? What was included, what was the cost, etc?
The cabana was $58 and we had it from 10 AM- 7 PM. Nothing was really included except comfortable seating and shade. The signs say you have to call the marina to book, but we found you can book at the front desk. You have to pay with CC. You can’t just charge it to the room.

We had a standard view room booked and requested a King room. We were in Rarotonga 3808 -
What did you think of the Rarotonga location? Have a standard view for next July and not sure what building to request!

What did you think of the Rarotonga location? Have a standard view for next July and not sure what building to request!
We loved the location. We have stayed in Rarotonga a couple other times and it has always been great. I like that it is about 20 steps from the door of Rarotonga to the door of the main building. Also, we pretty much only use the Oasis pool and it's just right out the back door too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter