Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know if the sea raycers are available to rent yet? We're headed to the Poly next month.

Looking to put in my room request soon... any Rarotonga updates? Was hoping for that building as we have booked standard view (hotel) and would like to be close to TTC. Is Rarotonga open yet?

Looking to put in my room request soon... any Rarotonga updates? Was hoping for that building as we have booked standard view (hotel) and would like to be close to TTC. Is Rarotonga open yet?

It was not open as of yesterday. I’m not sure when it will open. With the current work on the monorail station, it is really noisy in that part of the resort. I like Rarotonga, too, but would not want to be staying there right now with the construction noise. We stayed in Aotearoa and really liked the location. We actually used the boat to/from the MK more than normal with the monorail station closed, so we were happy to be in Aotearoa.

What is the best room category to book for a "quiet" area of the resort? I've heard stories of the boat horns going off all hours of the night, so the lagoon view would probably be bad for my anxiety.

I'm thinking Standard View, but any buildings in particular that have less foot traffic? Does the Standard View have top floor rooms available?

Thanks, all.

Checking in on 8/29. Reading about limited room service during stays.

If I left my trash in the hall way when it gets full on a daily basis I'm assuming they'll have no choice but to take it. We'll be packing extra trash bags.

Also, changing linens. If I were to strip the sheets off the bed midweek and toss them in the hallway I assume they would have no choice but to change them.

I'd leave a generous tip of course...

If I left my trash in the hall way when it gets full on a daily basis I'm assuming they'll have no choice but to take it. We'll be packing extra trash bags.

Also, changing linens. If I were to strip the sheets off the bed midweek and toss them in the hallway I assume they would have no choice but to change them.

Right- because I want to pay $800/night to look at your trash and dirty bedding. Maybe call or ask at the front desk for housekeeping to do those things?

Right- because I want to pay $800/night to look at your trash and dirty bedding. Maybe call or ask at the front desk for housekeeping to do those things?

Exactly the reason why they will pick it up. For $800 a night you shouldn't have to ask.

How about a phone call to the front desk asking for a pickup, rather than tossing dirty trash and bed sheets into a public hallway?

I like to Moorea Building, because it's close to the TTC, the beach, and the parking lot. As others said, Tokelau is also good. I did not get my room request this trip, partly because there is a lot of construction going on and 1.5 DVC buildings are out of service.
I'll second Moorea..we had room 3020 lagoon view and it was awesome...close to the TTC too, just wish the epcot monorail wasw open end of June when we were there

Please, I beg you do, not do this!

While I am in total agreement that trash should be picked up everyday at the price they charge (why oh why aren’t they doing this???) leaving your own trash in the hallway is not the answer. Sure it will get picked up eventually, as in hours later. In the meantime, all your neighbors will have to walk past and around it, and endure whatever odor or pests it generates.

I feel very strongly about this after my recent stay at the GF. Our next-door neighbors had a baby, and ate many takeout meals in their room. Every day they left their stinky diapers and food containers in the hallway. We were in a corner room and our door was at a right angle to theirs. We had to literally step over their disgusting, unsanitary trash to get inside our door. One time I had to kick it out of the way. At the GF. Theme park view. We were so glad when they checked out.

Disney is definitely in the wrong here by not providing daily trash removal. But please be considerate of your fellow guests. If you have anything super-stinky (like diapers or leftover tuna sandwiches), there are outdoor receptacles near all the buildings. Other stuff — please bag it up and put it somewhere out of the way in your room until it can be picked up. And please complain to the front desk as much as you like. Over and over. Every day. They need to fix this awful situation ASAP.

Regarding the sheets, they will bring you fresh ones but they will not put them on for you. Another service cut “due to Covid.” Feel free to let Disney know of your displeasure about this also. Hopefully they will eventually return to offering decent service.

Sorry about the soapbox. Rant over.

I have the opportunity to move from CBR to Polynesian for the last two nights of our trip. We are going to MK on our last day so it would work best. With that said, they want $760 a night for a studio that sleeps 5. Is the $400 more to upgrade worth it?

Thank you.

Please, I beg you do, not do this!

While I am in total agreement that trash should be picked up everyday at the price they charge (why oh why aren’t they doing this???) leaving your own trash in the hallway is not the answer. Sure it will get picked up eventually, as in hours later. In the meantime, all your neighbors will have to walk past and around it, and endure whatever odor or pests it generates.

I feel very strongly about this after my recent stay at the GF. Our next-door neighbors had a baby, and ate many takeout meals in their room. Every day they left their stinky diapers and food containers in the hallway. We were in a corner room and our door was at a right angle to theirs. We had to literally step over their disgusting, unsanitary trash to get inside our door. One time I had to kick it out of the way. At the GF. Theme park view. We were so glad when they checked out.

Disney is definitely in the wrong here by not providing daily trash removal. But please be considerate of your fellow guests. If you have anything super-stinky (like diapers or leftover tuna sandwiches), there are outdoor receptacles near all the buildings. Other stuff — please bag it up and put it somewhere out of the way in your room until it can be picked up. And please complain to the front desk as much as you like. Over and over. Every day. They need to fix this awful situation ASAP.

Regarding the sheets, they will bring you fresh ones but they will not put them on for you. Another service cut “due to Covid.” Feel free to let Disney know of your displeasure about this also. Hopefully they will eventually return to offering decent service.

Sorry about the soapbox. Rant over.
I may be coming into this late, but we've stayed at the Polynesian Villas twice during covid. Both times we waived having our room serviced daily but both times they came by almost everyday to pickup garbage. Just wanted to offer that up. Assuming they are still doing that but not positive. Hope that helps....

I may be coming into this late, but we've stayed at the Polynesian Villas twice during covid. Both times we waived having our room serviced daily but both times they came by almost everyday to pickup garbage. Just wanted to offer that up. Assuming they are still doing that but not positive. Hope that helps....

Experiences vary, but FWIW, generally speaking you see more reports of taking trash with the daily security check with the villas, and less so for hotel rooms.

Different strokes for different folks, and it's probably splitting hairs either way, but I'd personally opt for the bus. Get there around 90 minutes PPO and just ride it out. I've been in that long line of cars trying to get through the gates at rope drop.... and the eternity drive that is getting through the DAK parking lot to the rideshare drop off, and to me it's not that fun when minutes count.

Both have uncontrollable variables of course, but I give the edge to the bus in this circumstance.
So I thought I would update our experience. We went to AK last Saturday.

We used Uber several times during our stay. It was hit or miss with the Uber drivers and the construction. A couple times we had to call the driver and tell them where to pick us up. But several drivers were well versed and knew exactly where to go.

We ended calling an Uber to go to AK. We arrived at the gates to the park at 7:54 so before the parking lot was opened. There was one other car when we arrived and the guards let the cars line up. However it didn't take long for there to be a line of cards behind us so they opened the gate to the parking lot after a couple minutes and they let all of the cars through. When we got to the pay booths there was still a few minutes before the lot opening, but they let everyone through. The Uber dropped us off at the Ride Share location. We were first in line at the tap styles. Within 10 minutes there were lots of other people in line as well.

I have read prior that cars are not allowed in early to the parking lot so likely this was an unusual experience but it worked out well for us so it seems we were lucky. We were on the first ride of FOP and off it a few minutes before the park was officially opened.

Are we losing hope for the monorail station to be opening anytime soon? I know we all got emails not to expect it to be open during our upcoming trips…but then there was that announcement about bus transportation ending soon. Any updates on progress?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter