Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for replying! We have 10 people and a two year old staying across three villas so we should have plenty of space but I do imagine the kids (10, 7, 6) will want to utilize the pull down beds. We have one adult sleeping on a pullout so I’m really hoping it’s not too uncomfortable for her.

We rented points for this stay, all three villas are through points. Each villa is assigned to a member of our party but we all have the same last name so I’m really hoping we wind up near each other. Even two out of the three villas would be great as I suspect the kids will want to hop around a bit.

Tokelau looks great, hope we get lucky!

Thanks again :)
Oh, and it the two year old will be sleeping in the provided pack n play, it fits great in the second bathroom!

A good reminder of transportation logistics on special days like 12/30, 12/31 (also applies to 7/3 and 7/4, just different times).

The late show (11:50pm) uses an island fireworks launch point in the middle of the Seven Seas Lagoon, so boat traffic is suspended before and after the show.

Pic this morning:

33607A28-08EA-47EC-AB59-96C75024FFAC.jpeg

At this time, in four more days, we should be rolling up to the Poly and checking in!! We fly in late on the 29th and stay at the MCO Hyatt...DH and I are thinking uber, the kids insist it's not a Disney trip without the Magical Express, so I wonder who will win :scratchin I'm so ready!

Hope you have a great trip! Enjoy the Poly :yay:.

No it doesn't :cloud9:.

The poly will be so much fun with a big group!

I agree ::yes::

Just checked in today-Poly DVC cash. Received floor & building requested--after reminding of preference at checkin. (Reassigned).

No one in GCH at check in--so awesome! Feels great to be back.

DVC room condition much better than hotel rooms, but still...

CM sent us to MK boats when they were closed--annoying that they don't seem to know the hours of anything.

Small toiletries still. Room is somewhat clean but furnishings are very worn. Carpet & sofa fabric unraveled. Lots of stains & chips on wood furniture. Sitting chairs extremely stained.

Black mold throughout shower & drywall next to shower.

IDK...maybe I'm jaded coming from fresh POFQ, but how could this happen in 3 short years...& how will the rooms hold up until the refresh in 2022? Yikes!

(I think POLY has a major housekeeping cleanliness standards issue)...

Just checked in today-Poly DVC cash. Received floor & building requested--after reminding of preference at checkin. (Reassigned).

No one in GCH at check in--so awesome! Feels great to be back.

DVC room condition much better than hotel rooms, but still...

CM sent us to MK boats when they were closed--annoying that they don't seem to know the hours of anything.

Small toiletries still. Room is somewhat clean but furnishings are very worn. Carpet & sofa fabric unraveled. Lots of stains & chips on wood furniture. Sitting chairs extremely stained.

Black mold throughout shower & drywall next to shower.

IDK...maybe I'm jaded coming from fresh POFQ, but how could this happen in 3 short years...& how will the rooms hold up until the refresh in 2022? Yikes!

Did you report the mold issue? That's honestly a health concern. YIKES!

We were not impressed with the housekeeping when we were there in July. We did a split stay and spent our last three days at the Poly. When our room was finally ready at 6:30pm after checking in at 11:30am there were trays and dirty dishes and food on the floor outside our room. They stayed there the whole three days we were there. :crazy2: We asked more than once for them to be removed. Housekeeping didn't come until between 4 and 5 in the afternoon the next two days. At that point we were in the room and just asked for fresh towels.

We were not impressed with the housekeeping when we were there in July. We did a split stay and spent our last three days at the Poly. When our room was finally ready at 6:30pm after checking in at 11:30am there were trays and dirty dishes and food on the floor outside our room. They stayed there the whole three days we were there. :crazy2: We asked more than once for them to be removed. Housekeeping didn't come until between 4 and 5 in the afternoon the next two days. At that point we were in the room and just asked for fresh towels.
Have to admit the housekeeping at Poly was the worst we’ve had across seven resorts in which we’ve stayed. We only had someone show up one out of the four nights for some reason. And even then it was just bed and trash.

Booked our Pool/Marina view Poly reservation for March today. It's been 9 years since we've stayed there, so before all the major changes. We've stayed there twice, first in Samoa, and the second time, Hawaii. Any recommendations for longhouse requests? I'm a little nervous reading some of the housekeeping reports.

Which we all get but man, you can’t put people in unsanitary rooms just because you’re Disney.
Exactly! Our son has asthma and it's made worse by allergens like most kids with asthma. That would have been totally unacceptable regardless of occupancy rates. At that point they should have sent some staff in to try and deal with it and refunded you some money. Especially with the price tag attached to the Poly. I guess we'll see how it goes when we stay there in a few weeks.

Our sons both had asthma till about age 21. Youngest DS has mold allergy and when we traveled I indicated mold allergy in reservation. His asthma was badly exasperated by mold. Could not accept a room that smelled musty or had mold.:eek:

Booked our Pool/Marina view Poly reservation for March today. It's been 9 years since we've stayed there, so before all the major changes. We've stayed there twice, first in Samoa, and the second time, Hawaii. Any recommendations for longhouse requests? I'm a little nervous reading some of the housekeeping reports.
When we stayed in Fiji in November, that was Pool/Marina view and the room was fine. Clean, with no problems in terms of smells or mold, and a nice view of the marina as I requested (it relaxes me to look out at the marina).

We may be going to celebrate our anniversary. We will be booking a standard view and want a full balcony with a nice view. We really don't want to look at the parking lot. What room requests should we ask for when making our reservation?

Anyone catch the current electric pageant time? Online says 10:35 pm but with the sun setting so early that seems pretty late for January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter