Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never had the pleasure of ordering the $40 version but the $50 version we had last week could have easily fed three adults.

Interesting to note though... when I called in room dining to place the order they asked if I had ever ordered the feast before to which I stated no. When they delivered the food the CM mentioned that because I had never had it before they included more food and if I were to order it again tomorrow there wouldn’t be as much food. Not sure why this is the case but use that info at will!
So always say it’s your first time. :thumbsup2 Good to know!

Very strange indeed! I’m still confused by it but thought I would share just in case.

Well it would be interesting to see if anyone else has the same experience. We will be at Poly Labor Day weekend and plan to order the twilight feast for the first time but certainly won't need that much food just for one adult and one child.

Reactions: TSM

As a random find, if anyone is looking for a nice reminder smell of the Poly my wife stumbled across this by chance....

GRhgHrMRl4pE2sphXR8HIZGsuFIqrYKr70P3YN9PqC0i9Oii2yOmD0uwlKAbIEQf0A2KAB9QWlB5Bt3lyFIKuqzdmthJSeMBRIjBEyqwno0aqcFnVmGkDJA-GYAb4JUjaiKpZmf6vA=w2400

It is a very nice combination of the Polynesian fragrances and Dole Whip! Winner Winner! lol... I think they are like $2 each.....

Just thought I would share

Hi all. I'm not staying at the Poly but I have a question I'm hoping you can help out with as I've never been there before.
My friend and I have almost the whole day free before our late flights. We are going to get some breakfast at Captain Cook's and check out the Poly. (We are staying at the Contemporary -- also for the first time).

We'd like to grab food to go and eat somewhere pretty on the property. Any recommendations of a nice spot, either with a view or someplace relaxing? Indoors or out. Even a nice sofa or seating area that's not crowded will be nice.

Also, what should we not miss? It will be December so we'll be sure to check out the decorations.

Thanks so much!

If you're dining at Cap't Cooks, I'd try to grab one of the outdoor tables towards the edge that has a view towards the castle.

Like one of those two first table here....
IMG_0669.jpg

View from those tables. In the morning (before the pool opens), this is about as good as it gets. :-) Arguably one of the best spots in all of WDW.
IMG_1232.jpg

Checked in today. So far all the CMs have been very nice. Doesn’t seem overly crowded. For some reason, we were upgraded to lagoon view. Really nice view of the GF. Just waiting to watch the fireworks!
Do you mind saying what building/room number you got? We have Lagoon view booked for next summer and I’m looking for suggestions. Thanks!

I finally got approved for my time off work! It was a real worry for me because we’re doing a massive new system rollout in October and when that happens it’s usually all hands on deck. But I’m in the clear! Just 85 days to go...

Glad you got approval! The days will go fast and you will be checking into the Poly before you know it! :goodvibes

congrats! ours is at 106. :flower1:

Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

Checked in today. So far all the CMs have been very nice. Doesn’t seem overly crowded. For some reason, we were upgraded to lagoon view. Really nice view of the GF. Just waiting to watch the fireworks!

Congrats on the upgrade! I love seeing the GF across the lagoon, such a beautiful view :cloud9:. Have a great time!

As a random find, if anyone is looking for a nice reminder smell of the Poly my wife stumbled across this by chance....

It is a very nice combination of the Polynesian fragrances and Dole Whip! Winner Winner! lol... I think they are like $2 each.....

Thanks for the tip :).

Well it would be interesting to see if anyone else has the same experience. We will be at Poly Labor Day weekend and plan to order the twilight feast for the first time but certainly won't need that much food just for one adult and one child.
We will be there next Saturday so I will let you you guys know!!!

We recently stayed and the only disappointment was that Poly and GF both are in very bad need of separate (nonshared) bus...just way too packed and hot buses each and every time we used them. Even mid-day. We did a split stay over at BC, which also shares with YC but this was not an issue over there. I think the GF and Poly just have way too many people coming into them/staying at them to keep sharing buses like they do.

On the upside, compared to past visits we did not find Captain Cook's to be too crowded and love the more efficient design they have now for crowd flow. Food was above expectations for quick service, plenty of indoor AC seating.

One downside to Poly, the pools were extremely hot (which we credited to the weather, but over at the BC this was not the case) and not refreshing--and very very crowded with lots of little kids splashing you. Otherwise, mousekeeping was great, and all else very good!

Hi! Has anyone done a WDW resort stay with no park visits?

We just went to disney at the beginning of the summer (8 days YC/WL split) but there was sooooo much we tried to cram in and we didn't get a lot of pool days (our kids love pool time lately). My DH has been working in NYC and we live in CA and we only get to see him every 3 weeks, so we are going to surprise our boys with a three day trip to the poly next week! It's also our 10th anniversary and we did our honeymoon at Poly so it seems like a special trip. We won't do any park time - just hanging by the pool and having some family time. Is that crazy? Question is, the only room available now is the standard view and I REALLY don't want to look at the parking lot. There are CL rooms available for the last 2 nights and I wonder if it's worth the bother to book the standard room for 1 night and then book a CL room for the other two? Any thoughts or experience switching rooms?

We just went to disney at the beginning of the summer (8 days YC/WL split) but there was sooooo much we tried to cram in and we didn't get a lot of pool days (our kids love pool time lately). My DH has been working in NYC and we live in CA and we only get to see him every 3 weeks, so we are going to surprise our boys with a three day trip to the poly next week! It's also our 10th anniversary and we did our honeymoon at Poly so it seems like a special trip. We won't do any park time - just hanging by the pool and having some family time. Is that crazy? Question is, the only room available now is the standard view and I REALLY don't want to look at the parking lot. There are CL rooms available for the last 2 nights and I wonder if it's worth the bother to book the standard room for 1 night and then book a CL room for the other two? Any thoughts or experience switching rooms?
My favorite building at Poly is Rarotonga and our view was never of a parking lot--palm trees and monorail (but monorail was not close enough to be noisy). You are very close to the main house, dining, and pools. So nice--request this building with a patio or balcony! We did do a day of no parks, just relaxed pools, had a leisurely dinner at Ohana....just fantastic.

Awesome! After this trip, I'm not going to have a countdown for a while, and that's going to be hard to take.
That is always the worst! We just returned last week and while the next countdown shows 74 days away it’s all fun and games until you realize the flights are booked but resort, ADRs, and tickets are not! Halfway considering just flying down and heading to the gulf instead. Need a break from the parks to be honest but my husband really wants to work in the MNSSHP. Better figure it out soon!

It most likely will be too much food based on all accounts but you can save the leftovers! The noodles, veggies and meat held up well after one night in the fridge but that was about it. If you’re worried about the $50 cost and the waste then perhaps it’s not the best choice but I do recommend trying it once!

Caveat: I haven’t stayed Poly CL yet :)

I’d do it! You’ll get CL access starting morning you wake up, you might be roomless from 11am - check-in time but you’ll have the Club and the hotel can store your luggage.

It sounds like time together is quite precious in your case so I would absolutely do CL. We’ve found it take so much stress off a trip, snacks & drinks are always available. No hunting up breakfast. In the evenings you all can see fireworks! And being Poly if the kids get antsy just hop them on the monorail for a trip around the lake :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter