Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were so excited about our Poly stay that I decorated my MB with a Poly theme. I am not an artist at all - actually my youngest DD usually does our MBs but we were going with 12 people total so she had so many to do that I did my own. She helped with the writing of the letters, I was not that steady to write them. My favorite part of it is the Dole Whip float on it. I loved my Poly band - I wish I could still wear it now that I am home.

IMG_9849.JPG IMG_9332.JPG

We were so excited about our Poly stay that I decorated my MB with a Poly theme. I am not an artist at all - actually my youngest DD usually does our MBs but we were going with 12 people total so she had so many to do that I did my own. She helped with the writing of the letters, I was not that steady to write them. My favorite part of it is the Dole Whip float on it. I loved my Poly band - I wish I could still wear it now that I am home.

View attachment 264693 View attachment 264694
Love it !

This is great! I especially love the hibiscus center, and the pineapple.

Where do they show the Movies under the Stars, do you need to bring a blanket to sit on?

They are on the fake grassy "lawn" area when you walk out the 'back' of the Grand Ceremonial House. See aerial pic below, yellow circle. Right near the Pineapple Lanai, outdoor seating for Cap't Cooks, etc.

The "lawn" / seating area is fake grass. You don't really need a blanket, but it might be nice... especially if it has rained. Also it gets walked on by thousands of people a day, so yeah, maybe a blanket is a good idea now that I think about it! :-)

Poly Grass Lawn.jpg

So fun! Personally, I think you could wear it anytime you like!!! :rolleyes1:flower1:

Where do they show the Movies under the Stars, do you need to bring a blanket to sit on?

Most people brought towels, each beach or white towels from their room.

They are on the fake grassy "lawn" area when you walk out the 'back' of the Grand Ceremonial House. See aerial pic below, yellow circle. Right near the Pineapple Lanai, outdoor seating for Cap't Cooks, etc.

The "lawn" / seating area is fake grass. You don't really need a blanket, but it might be nice... especially if it has rained. Also it gets walked on by thousands of people a day, so yeah, maybe a blanket is a good idea now that I think about it! :-)

View attachment 264932
Thank you, I noticed some resorts provided chairs and chaise lounge but wasn't sure about the Poly

Thank you, I noticed some resorts provided chairs and chaise lounge but wasn't sure about the Poly

Yeah, at Poly they used to do the movies on the beach so you had the beach chairs/chaise lounges there to watch the movie - they made a perfect little theatre really. We have so many memories of sitting there enjoying being on the 7 Seas Lagoon, DS barely keeping awake for the movie. Unfortunately there is no seating in that little area, although there are the outdoor seats at Cap't Cooks which would have a view of the movie.

I LOVE your magic band! Did you use acrylic paint? My daughter wants to paint her band this time, and I wondered what type of paint works best.

I LOVE your magic band! Did you use acrylic paint? My daughter wants to paint her band this time, and I wondered what type of paint works best.

We used nail polish. It works great. No base coat and we spray it with a matte acrylic spray paint as a top coat. After a two week trip we had no cracks at all. We used the Migi Nail Art pens and Shany nail art set plus any polish that we need- we would use small paint brushes. If we made an error we use clear polish and nail polish remover and it comes off immediately.

Here is one my DD did for our friend's DD.
IMG_9231.JPG

We just got back late Wednesday night after 9 nights at the Poly. It was our first time staying there & we loved it so much!! We requested a 3rd floor balcony room in Samoa via TP, and while we didn't get it, we got a 1st floor patio in Niue and loved it! Right in between both pools, right near the GCH, etc. After a long day of travel including a couple flight delays, getting in the lava pool & watching the MK fireworks was incredible! Can't wait to go back eventually!

We used nail polish. It works great. No base coat and we spray it with a matte acrylic spray paint as a top coat. After a two week trip we had no cracks at all. We used the Migi Nail Art pens and Shany nail art set plus any polish that we need- we would use small paint brushes. If we made an error we use clear polish and nail polish remover and it comes off immediately.

View attachment 265043

View attachment 265043
Wow! That is awesome!!! Both of them are!

View attachment 265043
Beautiful!!! Thank you so much!

View attachment 265043
Extremely detailed. Bet she could start an online business on somewhere like Etsy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter