• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is it quicker to go to the Ttc to mk or poly stop to mk?
Also is there aset path to get over to ttc from poly?

Is it quicker to go to the Ttc to mk or poly stop to mk?
Also is there aset path to get over to ttc from poly?

It would be faster to go from Poly to MK on the resort monorail, I think. The resort line will stop at the Poly after TTC. If you are in one of the buildings very near the TTC it would probably be faster to take the express monorail since it doesn't stop anywhere else. Yes, there is a marked path that goes to the TTC - it's a lovely walk and our preferred way of getting to EPCOT (via monorail).

It would be faster to go from Poly to MK on the resort monorail, I think. The resort line will stop at the Poly after TTC. If you are in one of the buildings very near the TTC it would probably be faster to take the express monorail since it doesn't stop anywhere else. Yes, there is a marked path that goes to the TTC - it's a lovely walk and our preferred way of getting to EPCOT (via monorail).

Now that you can get through security at the monorail at the Poly b/4 you get on, I think it will be faster than walking to the TTC. However, if you are trying to leave MK to get back to the Poly after the fireworks (when everyone is leaving), I think the Ferry to the TTC and walking to the Poly is the fastest option.

Now that you can get through security at the monorail at the Poly b/4 you get on, I think it will be faster than walking to the TTC. However, if you are trying to leave MK to get back to the Poly after the fireworks (when everyone is leaving), I think the Ferry to the TTC and walking to the Poly is the fastest option.
We were there this past week and one night leaving MK, the express monorail had a huge line. We walked out and saw it and thought oh no! Then we saw the line for the ferry and it was the same...luckily we realized after a second that it was only the express monorail to TTC.

The resort monorail had no line and we walked right on. Luckily people going to the TTC didn't realize they could take the resort line!

We'll be back at the Poly next Friday for 4 nights..long Mothers Day weekend. So excited. The last time we stayed there we got upgraded to CL in Hawaii. Not expecting it this time. We know we'll have a great time just being back at the Poly.

Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Only 34 more sleeps until our next stay at the Poly! This will be our 19th trip to Disney with 9th stay at the Poly! Looking forward to trying a Frosty Pineapple for the first time. We are still excited even after multiple trips!

The time will fly by and you will be checking into the Poly before you know it :goodvibes.

We are headed to the poly next weekend I am just looking for a quick update on the security screening at the poly. We typically go bagless but I am guessing we will have to wait in line behind those with bags now anyway is that correct? If there is no advantage to going bagless, at least to MK, then I may pack a small bag with sunscreen snacks etc. we will definitely still go bag less to Epcot animal Kingdom and Hollywood studios

Anyone have experience with crowds on July 3rd at the resort? I in years past they have announced use of wristbands and closed beaches, but they don't seem to have every been carried out. Since they do the same fireworks show on the 3rd, I was thinking that might be a better time to try and view them. Not sure if the resort crowds will still be crazy, though.

We are headed to the poly next weekend I am just looking for a quick update on the security screening at the poly. We typically go bagless but I am guessing we will have to wait in line behind those with bags now anyway is that correct? If there is no advantage to going bagless, at least to MK, then I may pack a small bag with sunscreen snacks etc. we will definitely still go bag less to Epcot animal Kingdom and Hollywood studios
I saw a picture of a "guests without bags" line at the Poly monorail platform. Not sure if it remains, but it was there when they first moved the security location.

Anyone have experience with crowds on July 3rd at the resort? I in years past they have announced use of wristbands and closed beaches, but they don't seem to have every been carried out. Since they do the same fireworks show on the 3rd, I was thinking that might be a better time to try and view them. Not sure if the resort crowds will still be crazy, though.

Tagging @TJA who I know has some July 4th experience, maybe she can help. Have fun!

We've stayed at Poly the last several years over July 4 week. Each year they do a little bit better trying to control the massive crowds. Last year, they did do the wristbands at the pool where they actually walked around and scanned your MB with an ipad, or else asked your name and checked it off a chart (when the ipad stopped working....). As far as the beaches, they do block off the premier portion of the beach for Poly CL guests, and another beach portion is no longer ideal viewing because of the bungalows. Also, they do not allow anybody at all on the lawn in front of Hawaii building anymore (that was new last year).

I did go through a few CM checkpoints last year on the pathways and the CMs were telling people that Poly was for Poly guests only on July 3 and 4 unless they had a dining reservation.

As far as the Poly crowds on July 3 versus July 4, they have indeed been lower on July 3 in the past. I keep waiting for that to change because it seems ideal to watch Wishes on July 3 and then go watch a show at a different park on July 4.

We've stayed at Poly the last several years over July 4 week. Each year they do a little bit better trying to control the massive crowds. Last year, they did do the wristbands at the pool where they actually walked around and scanned your MB with an ipad, or else asked your name and checked it off a chart (when the ipad stopped working....). As far as the beaches, they do block off the premier portion of the beach for Poly CL guests, and another beach portion is no longer ideal viewing because of the bungalows. Also, they do not allow anybody at all on the lawn in front of Hawaii building anymore (that was new last year).

I did go through a few CM checkpoints last year on the pathways and the CMs were telling people that Poly was for Poly guests only on July 3 and 4 unless they had a dining reservation.

As far as the Poly crowds on July 3 versus July 4, they have indeed been lower on July 3 in the past. I keep waiting for that to change because it seems ideal to watch Wishes on July 3 and then go watch a show at a different park on July 4.

What about the beach area between Tuvalu and Grand Floridian? I know it's not the dead-on view that the beach by the pool would be, but we're having dinner at GF Cafe before hand and were thinking we'd just stop there on our stroll. I know that beach is less popular in general because it's a less "ideal" location. I don't really care if the fireworks of off-center, I just want a place to watch without feeling like I'm in a sardine can.

What about the beach area between Tuvalu and Grand Floridian? I know it's not the dead-on view that the beach by the pool would be, but we're having dinner at GF Cafe before hand and were thinking we'd just stop there on our stroll. I know that beach is less popular in general because it's a less "ideal" location. I don't really care if the fireworks of off-center, I just want a place to watch without feeling like I'm in a sardine can.

You know, every time I walk by that location I always say I think it would be a great location to stop and watch MK show! I don't know how crowded it gets on July 3, to be honest, as I've never ventured over there on that date. I would imagine it would be a good spot....you could see the water parade too and that coincides with the fireworks show so it's really cool when you can see both at once.

Your question has been answered, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter