• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at the Polynesian in August, we reserved a standard room. Is that room far from the lobby and monorail. I ask this because we initially had the contemporary garden wing reserved and found out that it was far from the main building and monorail, is it similar for a standard room at the Polynesian?

Thanks for any info.

I am generalizing big time but the furthest possible standard room at Poly is going to be about the same as a CR garden wing room. As the PP notes, some longhouses that offer standard view rooms are pretty close, some a bit further. I don't think any of them are particularly "that far" from the lobby, but I also don't thing the garden wing is "that far" either, so perspectives are going to be different.

Tikiman's site is an excellent resource. Several of his resort/longhouse maps are labeled with walking distances.

My family is stay at the Poly the end of August!! We are so excited!! We are traveling for the first time with DS who will almost be 24 months. Does the Poly provided cribs? and if so are they well cleaned? We may end up bring our own pack and play, but figured I would ask here

My family is stay at the Poly the end of August!! We are so excited!! We are traveling for the first time with DS who will almost be 24 months. Does the Poly provided cribs? and if so are they well cleaned? We may end up bring our own pack and play, but figured I would ask here

You can request either. There are a limited number of cribs, even if you request one you may get a pack-n-play. Make sure to add your request to your reservation in advance.

We've had both in the past and found them all to be perfectly fine from a cleanliness perspective.

Hope you have a great trip!

3dOvY33.png
eFEQ8

First time staying at Poly!!!

The lovely CM on the phone who helped me book told me the time I'm staying ill either be getting free dining or 30-40% off my room. He said the email will go out in April and then another in June/July. So our $5k should drop hopefully!!! :mickeyjum

Anything I should know about Poly? We want to eat in Ohana, but tell me more about the Resort! I'm so stoked!

I'm more interested in the inside info you got! I have never heard of 40% discount! I sure would love one though! we are books at the poly for 10 nights.

This is probably a really silly question, but does the Polynesian sell any Moana (movie, not the store) related merchandise?

I was there just last week for breakfast at 'Ohana, and the shop on the 2nd floor is now called 'Moana's Mercantile' . . . so while I did not go inside to check it out as we were anxious to get over to the magic kingdom, I'm pretty darn sure it would be stocked with oodles of Moana goodies!!! :)

I'm more interested in the inside info you got! I have never heard of 40% discount! I sure would love one though! we are books at the poly for 10 nights.
Right? I was just told to wait until spring/summer for the FD or room discount. So here I sit. Haha.

Quick clarification question... my apologies if this has been covered in the thread already...

When looking at availability I understand that the Polynesian Village resort is the traditional 'poly' hotel, and the Polynesian Villas and Bungalows is the DVC portion. However, I wanted to clarify 100% that the villa's part are the new rooms with 2 bathrooms / showers as depicted in many youtube videos, and the village resort (which is what i have booked) are the old style rooms with some modern facelift decor changes. Is this accurate? IF this is the case, at check in can you request a room in the DVC building or is that separate process all together? At the moment, the DVC rooms are available but they are $100 per night more than i am paying and i don't think it is worth it personally, but if it was close then i much prefer the decor and layout in the new DVC style studios.

All input greatly appreciated!

Quick clarification question... my apologies if this has been covered in the thread already...

When looking at availability I understand that the Polynesian Village resort is the traditional 'poly' hotel, and the Polynesian Villas and Bungalows is the DVC portion. However, I wanted to clarify 100% that the villa's part are the new rooms with 2 bathrooms / showers as depicted in many youtube videos, and the village resort (which is what i have booked) are the old style rooms with some modern facelift decor changes. Is this accurate?

Yes, that is accurate.

IF this is the case, at check in can you request a room in the DVC building or is that separate process all together? At the moment, the DVC rooms are available but they are $100 per night more than i am paying and i don't think it is worth it personally, but if it was close then i much prefer the decor and layout in the new DVC style studios.

If, and that's a big if, there are studio villas available when you get there, you can ask to upgrade to one of those and you'll have to pay the difference.

When looking at availability I understand that the Polynesian Village resort is the traditional 'poly' hotel, and the Polynesian Villas and Bungalows is the DVC portion. However, I wanted to clarify 100% that the villa's part are the new rooms with 2 bathrooms / showers as depicted in many youtube videos, and the village resort (which is what i have booked) are the old style rooms with some modern facelift decor changes. Is this accurate? IF this is the case, at check in can you request a room in the DVC building or is that separate process all together? At the moment, the DVC rooms are available but they are $100 per night more than i am paying and i don't think it is worth it personally, but if it was close then i much prefer the decor and layout in the new DVC style studios.

The deluxe studios which are DVC are a completely different booking category. Disney has some of these left to book for cash since not all are declared and for owner changes from other things like cruises, etc. Those rooms are all located in Moorea, Tokelau, and Pago Pago. Since you booked a traditional Polynesian room, you would not just be placed into one of these style rooms or long houses. You would need to change your reservation and pay the difference. Or inquire if one was open when checking-in, and then again change the reservation and pay the difference.

Thank you for the replies, I appreciate the time and the detail of your responses.

I much prefer the layout of the DVC Studio's, as do my kids, however, based upon the pricing as i see it, it works out at over $100 per night extra over a 2 week period... that's some price difference! lol However, i will keep my eyes on it and see what happens. Maybe i book half of my stay there and see what happens?! lol

Has anyone stayed there recently that can attest to the differences?

I was there just last week for breakfast at 'Ohana, and the shop on the 2nd floor is now called 'Moana's Mercantile' . . . so while I did not go inside to check it out as we were anxious to get over to the magic kingdom, I'm pretty darn sure it would be stocked with oodles of Moana goodies!!! :)

Respectfully, that store has been called Moana Mercantile for a few years now.

Last edited:
http://www.themeparkhub.com/links/details/5530

Sorry bud but it used to be Trader Jacks. Learn something new everyday.

The name changed but the store is very similar. Most wouldn't notice.

I like to get my wine there. Cute corner and the people always nice.

Lol, ok, you caught me. I knew when I wrote that it was something else in the past but I couldn't quite remember when - and you called me out on it!! My bad! :hippie:

http://www.themeparkhub.com/links/details/5530

Sorry bud but it used to be Trader Jacks. Learn something new everyday.

The name changed but the store is very similar. Most wouldn't notice.

I like to get my wine there. Cute corner and the people always nice.

But that article about the name change is from 2014. So, I guess, you are both right: It was called Moana before there was any movie merchandise to be sold for a movie of the same name. But it has not always had that name. :thumbsup2

The advantage of a Standard Room is the bed arrangement for larger parties. The studios have one real bed, a murphy, and a sofa bed. The Standard Rooms have two queens and the fold-down sleeper. When the sofa is out in the studio, there is more limited walking space. There is also less storage in the studio.

The studio is nice if you care about the kitchenette, or can book on DVC points. TBH, it's not even one of my favorite studios at this point. I think they wasted a lot of space with the bathroom.

Right? I was just told to wait until spring/summer for the FD or room discount. So here I sit. Haha.
we got an "accidental" promotion. Disney Travel company just got new booking programs and it seems a DCL bounce back popped up when I called so it got applied. It was some sort of glitch in the system so we got 30% off the poly.

Poly trip coming soon! Question... I tried to search for this but am not able to find quite what I am seeking.

I have Kona booked for 7:30am one of our days. Any thoughts on what time we might arrive at DHS if breakfast is 45 minutes? Or to MK?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter