• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to be staying at the Poly for our first ever trip to Disney. I'm so excited! I have a few questions. I have heard that you can send in room requests on touring plans. How can you do that and how far ahead should I be doing so? We just got the standard view. But I would love a balcony. Can I request that? And what house should I request? I really wanted a room with a view but nothing other than standard view was available. Thanks for anyone answering my questions.

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay, you're going to love it! I think anywhere at the Poly is great, but our favorite longhouse is Samao. Samoa is convenient to everything as it's just steps from both pools, the GCH, Captain Cooks, and the beach. Fiji seems to get a lot of great reviews as well. Have a great trip :wizard:.

Anyone know if Moana has made an appearance lately? Wondering if we could try to catch her at the Poly instead of DHS.

Quick trip report from out stay in Tokelau 3919
My wife and 2 kids (6 and 3) and myself used TP room request fax and asked for connecting rooms and asking for Tokelau 3914. We didn't get connecting rooms (other family staying at the poly also) but did get side by side rooms on the east side of the building (picture below). We loved the building do to the closeness of the TTC and main building/pools. We did hear the ferry horn but wasn't something that would keep you up at night unless you were a super light sleeper. But after a few late nights and very early mornings(ran princess half) we had no problem sleeping. The view from the north end of the hallway was directly at MK Cinderella Castle and was able to watch wishes from there. If you get a room on the west side of the building you can see MK from your balcony. We ate breakfast and lunch at Captain cooks... very good nachos and breakfast burritos! Also ate breakfast and lunch at Kona... incredible macadamia nut pancakes and surf n' turf burger. Drinks at the pool bar were also good, mind eraser! Overall a nice location for a MK heavy trip and one that included 3 generations. If anyone has questions for upcoming trips please don't hesitate to ask. 1 day back and already planning our return trip!IMG_5582.JPG

My wife and 2 kids (6 and 3) and myself used TP room request fax and asked for connecting rooms and asking for Tokelau 3914. We didn't get connecting rooms (other family staying at the poly also) but did get side by side rooms on the east side of the building (picture below). We loved the building do to the closeness of the TTC and main building/pools. We did hear the ferry horn but wasn't something that would keep you up at night unless you were a super light sleeper. But after a few late nights and very early mornings(ran princess half) we had no problem sleeping. The view from the north end of the hallway was directly at MK Cinderella Castle and was able to watch wishes from there. If you get a room on the west side of the building you can see MK from your balcony. We ate breakfast and lunch at Captain cooks... very good nachos and breakfast burritos! Also ate breakfast and lunch at Kona... incredible macadamia nut pancakes and surf n' turf burger. Drinks at the pool bar were also good, mind eraser! Overall a nice location for a MK heavy trip and one that included 3 generations. If anyone has questions for upcoming trips please don't hesitate to ask. 1 day back and already planning our return trip!View attachment 222855

Awww, that picture is so springy!!! I love it.

Glad you had a great trip!!!

Basically, Poly DVC has two booking categories: Standard and Lake. Lake View is one side of Moorea, all three floors. Everything at Tokelau and Pago Pago, and then the back of Moorea, is SV.

There are a handful of rooms at Tokelau with side-on views of the castle. So everyone asks for those. Some of Tokelau is a pool view, too.
The front side of Pago Pago is one of the only true "parking lot" views at ALL of Poly.

So, in some respects, this is a categorization issue by Disney. They probably should have made the front of Pago Pago some form of "Standard View," then Tokelau and the back of Moorea and Pago Pago "Garden/Preferred." Because they didn't, Tokelau is the most popular request, but since only 2/5 of the SV rooms are there and DVC runs 95%+ booked... well, you see the issue, maybe.

Excellent response thanks! I'm thinking about requesting Moorea (we're standard view) to hopefully get a garden view as opposed to the potential for a parking lot view as a result of getting bumped out of Tokelau and ending up in Pago Pago. Although I cant say I'm looking forward to the walk to the GCH from either Moorea or Pago Pago.

My wife and 2 kids (6 and 3) and myself used TP room request fax and asked for connecting rooms and asking for Tokelau 3914. We didn't get connecting rooms (other family staying at the poly also) but did get side by side rooms on the east side of the building (picture below). We loved the building do to the closeness of the TTC and main building/pools. We did hear the ferry horn but wasn't something that would keep you up at night unless you were a super light sleeper. But after a few late nights and very early mornings(ran princess half) we had no problem sleeping. The view from the north end of the hallway was directly at MK Cinderella Castle and was able to watch wishes from there. If you get a room on the west side of the building you can see MK from your balcony. We ate breakfast and lunch at Captain cooks... very good nachos and breakfast burritos! Also ate breakfast and lunch at Kona... incredible macadamia nut pancakes and surf n' turf burger. Drinks at the pool bar were also good, mind eraser! Overall a nice location for a MK heavy trip and one that included 3 generations. If anyone has questions for upcoming trips please don't hesitate to ask. 1 day back and already planning our return trip!View attachment 222855

Thanks for your mini review. Glad you had a great time! Enjoy the planning for your next trip :wizard:.

Just made the Poly our DVC home. We haven't been since 2012 and are very excited to head "home" in November.

Congrats on DVC! Hope you have a great time in November :goodvibes.

Thanks for the information, we leave for our first POLY stay and have requested Tokelau, we have a dvc studio and hope for adjoining rooms, what type of room were you in?

One more question, what is TP room request fax, do you have the number?

Renting DVC points from a relative for September - very excited for my first stay at the Poly!

Anyone know if the pools generally open at 9 or 10? We are hoping to get an hour or two in on our departure day. With a 2:00 flight I'm assuming we're looking at an 11:00 ME pickup.

Thanks!

Renting DVC points from a relative for September - very excited for my first stay at the Poly!

Anyone know if the pools generally open at 9 or 10? We are hoping to get an hour or two in on our departure day. With a 2:00 flight I'm assuming we're looking at an 11:00 ME pickup.

Thanks!

Should be 9 in September, more than likely, although things can always change.

Thanks for the information, we leave for our first POLY stay and have requested Tokelau, we have a dvc studio and hope for adjoining rooms, what type of room were you in?
We were in a standard view room. Since the building doesn't face the lake or theme park you don't pay the extra fee. All rooms except i think for like 4 on each floor have the ability to be connecting.

As far as the fax, I am a Touring Plans (TP) subscriber so there is an option you can use for them to fax in a room request. I am not sure of the exact number though. If you do fax in a request, I put down the other res# and told them I will have kids in one of the rooms and adults in the other. This was actually recommended by Len Testa.

Hopefully you get what you want!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter