• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure about that? On our last trip this past December, we were staying at the Boardwalk and we got our room assignment before we even left home (late flight out). I was concerned about the location and called to see if I could get it changed. While at first, we were connected to the general offsite number, the cast member was able to direct us to the front desk and they were able to help out.
It is, at least, extraordinarily unusual. Calls to "the front desk," even from your room at the resort, go to an off-site call center. My understanding is that most of the staff don't even have the knowledge/ability to transfer to the real front desk, and it has to actually be escalated to get that transfer. Even then, you have to take it on faith that it really did transfer, because... how can you prove it, KWIM?

That call center staff also isn't dedicated by resort -- basically, they use a call center software that pops up on their screen what they should be greeting as. It allows for flexible staffing.

In general, it would be really burdensome on the actual resort desk staff to be taking advance room requests. They are dedicated, on-site, in chair, and are generally tasked with helping the people in front of them in person.

Hey Poly regulars! Quick question: can non-Poly guests still visit the beach to watch Wishes? These would be guests who had just finished dinner at Kona.

There really isn't a way to call the resort directly.

I would make "connecting" your only request, and have your point rentals put that in as a request as well with MS. I don't think Disney will take a phone call from you on a point rental with a request.
Good to know. Thx!

We're staying in a DVC studio in 8 days (yay!). It's our first DisneyWorld trip, and my biggest worry is allowing sufficient transportation time.

Moderate to low crowds during our stay - what should we assume for time to each of the parks? We're not early risers, so only planning one RD (HS for JTA).

Here's a link to the Our Laughing Place Transportation Wizard. It may give you a general idea as to time it takes to get from place to place.
http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx#.WJFFwvkrKUk

I had seen that, but that calculator gets mocked pretty hard on the Transportation board, so I didn't know what to believe!

Traveling on the bus, we assume we just missed a bus and will wait 20 minutes for the next one. We assume it takes 20 minutes to get to the destination then assume it takes 20 minutes to get through bag check and into the park. Then add any walk time to whichever attraction / dining we're planning on. If we are there early, it's a bonus! :)

Liz

I was at the Poly in 1972 with my mom and two sisters, now iam going to be back with my husband and good friends in a bungalow.

Sounds like a great trip! Hope you have a great time and enjoy the bungalow :wizard:.

We decided not to wait until August to travel! We will be staying at the Poly for the first time May 12th-16th. I am excited for our first stay there as well as going to Epcot's Flower & Garden Festival for the first time. I will be traveling with my 8 year old son and my mother. We will be there for Mother's Day and I haven't told my Mom yet. I can't wait to surprise her!

Congrats on moving your trip up. May is one of my favorite times to go. Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

It is, at least, extraordinarily unusual. Calls to "the front desk," even from your room at the resort, go to an off-site call center. My understanding is that most of the staff don't even have the knowledge/ability to transfer to the real front desk, and it has to actually be escalated to get that transfer. Even then, you have to take it on faith that it really did transfer, because... how can you prove it, KWIM?

That call center staff also isn't dedicated by resort -- basically, they use a call center software that pops up on their screen what they should be greeting as. It allows for flexible staffing.

In general, it would be really burdensome on the actual resort desk staff to be taking advance room requests. They are dedicated, on-site, in chair, and are generally tasked with helping the people in front of them in person.

In my case, I did get the front desk, so I guess its possible. But I understand how they wouldn't want to make it a, common practise.

Hype-train has now departed the station!

I was able to score a deal for the Poly for a week for great rates. I can't even explain how excited I am as I've always wanted to stay in a Deluxe!!!

:dancer:

Congrats! The Poly is amazing, you're going to love it :goodvibes.

will be staying here in late august! so excited!

Hope you have a great trip and enjoy the Poly. Have fun planning :).

I will be visiting the Poly for the first time shortly (yay!!). My husband has no idea, he thinks I booked All-Star Movies.

Anyway, we have a breakfast reservation (8:10am) at Akershus during our trip and I'm wondering on the best way to get there. I saw on Tikiman's Facebook page (http://tikimanpages.com/) that the monorail hours are varied and might not be available that early in the morning. What do all of you seasoned Poly visitors recommend?

If the monorail is not yet running, there will be buses starting at 6:30 from the bus stop.

Otherwise, Uber.

I will be visiting the Poly for the first time shortly (yay!!). My husband has no idea, he thinks I booked All-Star Movies.

Anyway, we have a breakfast reservation (8:10am) at Akershus during our trip and I'm wondering on the best way to get there. I saw on Tikiman's Facebook page (http://tikimanpages.com/) that the monorail hours are varied and might not be available that early in the morning. What do all of you seasoned Poly visitors recommend?

For an Epcot PPO ADR, I use a taxi. It's cheap and effecient, and you don't have to stress about monorail hours, bus hours, etc.

For an Epcot PPO ADR, I use a taxi. It's cheap and effecient, and you don't have to stress about monorail hours, bus hours, etc.

Yes, we just grabbed a taxi that was in the front waiting at the Poly. It was quick and I think before tip- like $12.

This is what I was thinking too. Just wanted confirmation that it was the easiest option.

If the monorail is not yet running, there will be buses starting at 6:30 from the bus stop.

Otherwise, Uber.
Our experience our last 2 stays (Dec 2015 and July 2016) was no busses to Epcot from the resort, even when the monorail is not running. December we walked to TTC and caught a bus from there. July we cabbed it.

Our experience our last 2 stays (Dec 2015 and July 2016) was no busses to Epcot from the resort, even when the monorail is not running. December we walked to TTC and caught a bus from there. July we cabbed it.
They did have buses in October 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter