Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before normal park open hours, there will be an ADR bus that starts running at 6:30 AM. Just tell the driver where you want to go when you board the bus at the Poly.

Dave
This has NOT been our experience on our prior 2 trips. In December, after waiting in vain at the bus stop, we walked to the TTC and inquired about a bus to Epcot, only to have them tell us they didn't bus to Epcot, take the monorail. When we explained that the monorail didn't start until 8 and our ADR was at 8, they called a bus for us.

In July, we tried again after the front desk told us there would be a bus prior to 8. No Epcot busses showing on the bus stop board, so we asked the driver of the first bus that showed up (HS I think?) if he could check the status of the Epcot bus. He called and said, nope, no busses from Poly to Epcot. This time we took a cab.

@Lalalyn, Many cabs and uber drivers will provide car seats upon request. Also, Florida laws concerning car seats / boosters are different than other parts of the county - but certainly do what you feel is safest for your child, regardless of the law.

If anyone is there this week- could you post the recreation guide for October when it comes out? We will be there later this month. Thanks!!! :love:

Hi everyone! So excited to be staying at Poly in January for the first time!:cool1: Please add me to the guest list if you don't mind.
January 27-31, 2017 TPV CL

Thanks!!:thumbsup2

Does anyone know if kona cafe has a special on their menu (example: pumpkin pancakes) that you can order it and get it through room service?

Im trying to keep my ADRs limited this trip and eating pumpkin pancakes in bed on vacation sounds like a fantastic idea! :cloud9:

Confused. I searched available rooms on the Disney World website at Poly and came up with available Deluxe studios standard view. Everything I keep reading says that the Deluxe studios are DVC. We are not DVC. I'm trying to figure out what long houses are available in order to make a possible location request. I'd also like to be sure that it has a small kitchenette. (small fridge, toaster, microwave, coffee maker) Any possible dishes or silverware? Thanks Poly newbie!

Confused. I searched available rooms on the Disney World website at Poly and came up with available Deluxe studios standard view. Everything I keep reading says that the Deluxe studios are DVC. We are not DVC. I'm trying to figure out what long houses are available in order to make a possible location request. I'd also like to be sure that it has a small kitchenette. (small fridge, toaster, microwave, coffee maker) Any possible dishes or silverware? Thanks Poly newbie!

DVC units can sometimes be booked for cash. 1/3 of the Poly units are not yet part of the condo association for Vacation Club, and are still owned by Disney, rather than by timeshare owners. Disney rents these for cash.

DVC studios come with some paper plates and plastic spoons, but no "real" dishes or silverware.

To get a microwave and toaster, you do need to book the DVC unit. Standard studios are in Tokelau, Pago Pago and Moorea.

DVC units can sometimes be booked for cash. 1/3 of the Poly units are not yet part of the condo association for Vacation Club, and are still owned by Disney, rather than by timeshare owners. Disney rents these for cash.

DVC studios come with some paper plates and plastic spoons, but no "real" dishes or silverware.

To get a microwave and toaster, you do need to book the DVC unit. Standard studios are in Tokelau, Pago Pago and Moorea.

That's kind of odd that they don't have microwave or toaster. The amenities listed just says Kitchenette. Is that something we can request from the resort?

That's kind of odd that they don't have microwave or toaster. The amenities listed just says Kitchenette. Is that something we can request from the resort?
The DVC Studios have a microwave and toaster. A Standard Room does not. If the room type is Studio, you get them.

The kitchenette is not in the regular Poly rooms. It sounds like you may have some confusion about this. You will need to rent a DVC room...or spend thousands on one of the big Tonga suites!

Planning on eating at Ohana's on our arrival day, then watch Electric parade and Wishes from Beach. Any highlights of the resort to look at, any side street shows? Any interests or tidbits of Poly? much thanks

The kitchenette is not in the regular Poly rooms. It sounds like you may have some confusion about this. You will need to rent a DVC room...or spend thousands on one of the big Tonga suites!
Exactly why I'm confused...my reservation says deluxe studio standard view room. It's not a standard room. When you search on the disney world site for resorts. There are two options... Polynesian Village resort or Polynesian Villas and bungalows. I selected the villas and bungalows which then has the option for a deluxe studio standard view. If you select the Polynesian village resort tab it has the option of a standard room which at this very moment is more expensive than going under the villas and bungalows tab and selecting deluxe studio standard view. When I researched the deluxe studio online it says it's DVC. If Disney still has rooms then that explains it. Just very confusing.

Exactly why I'm confused...my reservation says deluxe studio standard view room. It's not a standard room. When you search on the disney world site for resorts. There are two options... Polynesian Village resort or Polynesian Villas and bungalows. I selected the villas and bungalows which then has the option for a deluxe studio standard view. If you select the Polynesian village resort tab it has the option of a standard room which at this very moment is more expensive than going under the villas and bungalows tab and selecting deluxe studio standard view. When I researched the deluxe studio online it says it's DVC. If Disney still has rooms then that explains it. Just very confusing.

A deluxe studio, standard view means you are in a studio without a lake view.

Just stayed in Tonga Had a Kuerig but no toaster or microwave.

Only 21 more days!!! October is our favorite time to visit Disney World, but this year is extra special!! We make a trip to the Poly every year, to eat at O'hana, but have never actually stayed at the resort. We are all beyond excited!!

The time will go fast and you will be checking into the Poly before you know it! Hope you have a great trip :yay:.

We check in in 21 days for our first (and likely only) Poly stay after numerous 'Ohana visits too! :)

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Hope you have a great time :jumping1:.

We are checking into a bungalow next week. Is there any word on the air conditioning problems?

I can't answer about the a/c, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I'll be there in 22 more days! I can't wait!! :hyper:

:banana::banana:

Just booked the Poly - so excited but it's a long wait.

Trips always seem far away when they're booked well in advance, but the time will go fast. Enjoy the planning and before you know it, you will be arriving at the Poly :goodvibes.

We check in a week from today!

:cool1: :cool1:

Hi everyone! So excited to be staying at Poly in January for the first time!:cool1:

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay, you will love it! :)

Just stayed in Tonga Had a Kuerig but no toaster or microwave.

The kitchen(ette)s are in the big suites, The Ambassador and King Kamehameha. The Honeymoon and Princess suites don't have them which is why I qualified my comment with the word "big" when referring to the building.

Question: Do the Poly TPV CL rooms tend to sell out? In the past we've spent most of our days/time at the parks however this trip we're planning on splitting between pool and parks (one day pool, one day park, etc.) and I'm really leaning towards surprising the family with an upgrade.

Also how would you compare the standard TPV rooms to the CL TPV rooms in terms of view, size, layout, comfort, etc.

We may only get to stay 2 or 3 nights at the Poly our upcoming trip :( . We planned to stay all our days there but we were planning on a deal from a travel agent and the price is way higher than the past deals we have gotten. The prices just keep going up. I'm so disappointed :( . We planned going at the end of July.

Question: Do the Poly TPV CL rooms tend to sell out? In the past we've spent most of our days/time at the parks however this trip we're planning on splitting between pool and parks (one day pool, one day park, etc.) and I'm really leaning towards surprising the family with an upgrade.

Also how would you compare the standard TPV rooms to the CL TPV rooms in terms of view, size, layout, comfort, etc.

Is the 9/2017 trip in your signature the date you're thinking about? When in Sept, early or late? In my experience Poly CL TPV rooms have pretty good availability through most (but not all) times of the year. I've booked them far in advance and with relatively short notice with no issues. Obviously your mileage may vary!

Now, the availability of Poly CL TPV room discounts is a different story. That may prove harder to secure than the room itself. :-)

Is the 9/2017 trip in your signature the date you're thinking about? When in Sept, early or late? In my experience Poly CL TPV rooms have pretty good availability through most (but not all) times of the year. I've booked them far in advance and with relatively short notice with no issues. Obviously your mileage may vary!

Now, the availability of Poly CL TPV room discounts is a different story. That may prove harder to secure than the room itself. :-)

Hi - yes our plan is 9/30-10/8 as of now as DD wants to get in on the MNSSHP. Those dates may change though if its more likely to get a discount in October. Do Poly CL TPV rooms generally get excluded from discounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter