Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kona Kone is a waffle cone filled with ice cream, Mickey sprinkles and plated with M&Ms and cotton candy. I really like cotton candy and vanilla ice cream so it's a special Disney treat for me.

Behold the beauty that is the Kona Kone, (served at Kona Café, of course):

View attachment 187406

And, this is for @pixarmom and anyone heading soon to Poly - don't forget the fork!
View attachment 187407

View attachment 187408

Sounds like it! Candy.Ice cream. Mickey sprinkles. M&Ms. Cotton candy whats not to like and Pixarmom said to me that she will try the drink thanks for telling us treats for next time we go ( it will be a while )

Few questions please: (considering staying at the Poly)

1. How is the TPV view? Worth the extra $$?

2. I know the walk is about 10 minutes to the TTC but do you find yourselves just jumping the monorail at the Poly and transferring over? Or the walk isn't that bad?

3. If we book a TPV room, how far is it from the TTC and main building?

4. Are there any rooms in the main building?

Your questions have been answered and I'm sorry if you already know this, but just making sure you know the monorail from Poly only goes clockwise, so if you get on at Poly you stop at GF, MK, CR, and then the TTC (where you can transfer to the Epcot line). The express monorail does go through the Poly the other direction but it does not stop. Generally speaking, it's quicker for you to walk to TTC than take the monorail 3/4 of the way around and transfer. Walking to the TTC for a quick trip to Epcot is one of the most underrated aspects of the resort.

Your questions have been answered and I'm sorry if you already know this, but just making sure you know the monorail from Poly only goes clockwise, so if you get on at Poly you stop at GF, MK, CR, and then the TTC (where you can transfer to the Epcot line). The express monorail does go through the Poly the other direction but it does not stop. Generally speaking, it's quicker for you to walk to TTC than take the monorail 3/4 of the way around and transfer. Walking to the TTC for a quick trip to Epcot is one of the most underrated aspects of the resort.

I agree. We've only stayed at the Poly once, last year in Moorea. Coincidentally, just today I told DD13 that if we get our longhouse choice (Samoa) we'd be getting the monorail to MK this time by walking through the GCH. She quickly asked why we weren't going to go to the TTC..."Mom, it was so quick!" Yup! Last year, for our two week stay in a studio villa at the Poly, we used the express monorail exclusively for all of our MK adventures, as well as our jaunts to Epcot. We considered it a highly valued perk.

Last edited:
So excited! We have a very early flight out on Sunday morning and should be all checked in at the Poly for the first time by early afternoon!

Here's to hoping our room requests were met, a safe flight and a smooth check-in!

Aloha! :flower1:

We'll be checking in at the Poly around 7:30am on Sunday! We fly down to Orlando later today and are staying at the MCO Hyatt tonight.

Have a great trip and safe travels!

BOOM...under 30! Only 29 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

(28 and a wake-up, as we like to say)...

The time will go fast! Have a great trip! :wizard:

Leave next Saturday the 20th. Can't wait! 10 months of planning goes surprisingly fast!

I agree, it seems like a long time when you book so far out, but the time does go fast! Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :).

I agree :thumbsup2.

We'll be checking in at the Poly around 7:30am on Sunday! We fly down to Orlando later today and are staying at the MCO Hyatt tonight.

Have a great trip and safe travels!

Safe travels today. Have a great time at the Poly :goodvibes.

@johnsonet Those are great photos. We arrive soon and I can't wait. Your photos made us feel like we are there already.

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Whew! Made it through the whole thread! And am extra excited about our Feb trip now ☺️. I am 180 days out tomorrow so today I'm trying to make park plans so I can make our ADRs. I have noticed that transportation can sometimes be an issue - which is making me debate whether I should plan on park hoppers or not. We'll be there in Feb, so the hours will be more limited in any case. Do y'all find that you tend to take advantage of park hopping more with the TTC right there?

Thank you for this! I was confused (first-timer) because the unofficial guide and the MDE app show 40-50 min from Poly to Epcot, but when I asked I was told here it's about a 15 minute monorail ride. Now I understand why!

Hey everyone! I am trying to finalize ADRs and am having a hard time because of my need to see the EWP!! Is the EWP the same time every night in September? I want dinner at Kona followed by room for pajamas followed by EWP at the beach...how can I plan this for the best time!? SO excited!

Anyone have any current info on renting boats at the marina? The info seems to be missing from the Disney pages. Are you still able to rent boats?

Whew! Made it through the whole thread! And am extra excited about our Feb trip now ☺️. I am 180 days out tomorrow so today I'm trying to make park plans so I can make our ADRs. I have noticed that transportation can sometimes be an issue - which is making me debate whether I should plan on park hoppers or not. We'll be there in Feb, so the hours will be more limited in any case. Do y'all find that you tend to take advantage of park hopping more with the TTC right there?
We had park hoppers the time we stayed at Poly and used it very little. Not enough to justify the extra cost, so we did single park tickets our next few trips. However, for our upcoming trip (and return to Poly) I bought tickets through ParkSavers and got a 7-day Park Hopper for actually a little less than I would have paid for the 7-day single park ticket elsewhere. So, if you can get a deal like that, I say go for it.

We had park hoppers the time we stayed at Poly and used it very little. Not enough to justify the extra cost, so we did single park tickets our next few trips. However, for our upcoming trip (and return to Poly) I bought tickets through ParkSavers and got a 7-day Park Hopper for actually a little less than I would have paid for the 7-day single park ticket elsewhere. So, if you can get a deal like that, I say go for it.
Thanks! I'll look at that site. Now if I can just stop reading dining reviews so I can get up before 5 to make my ADRs. . .

10 days until we check in! so excited! We are thinking about the Twilight Feast. Any recommendations on how to order (like 1 adult 1 kid meal) We are a family of 4 (2 adults and a 7 and 5 year old).
Thanks for your help!

This will vary depending on your personal park touring style, but for us, park hoppers are a must (many people will disagree with this though). For us it's not because "transportation is an issue" but rather it's 100% for the flexibility of moving around and (gasp) being spontaneous if the mood hits. Specifically at Poly, we've often hopped over to Epcot at the last minute for dinner, or MK late just in time for Wishes, etc. The reason hoppers work at a place like Poly is that the transportation IS so convenient (just my opinion!).

BTW, Feb is one of my favorite time of years at Disney. Enjoy the planning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter