Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our plan is to stay at the Poly next trip. We would love to be in the Samoa building 3rd floor facing the volcano pool. I know this is a popular building.
Who has requested Samoa and gotten their request ?
If we ask for Samoa 3rd floor facing the volcano pool, do you think this is to much to request?

I have requested it twice and received it twice. Once on the second floor and the other on the third floor. I have requested it again for my stay next month, so we will see if it comes to be. Hoping for some pixie dust once again.

Can anyone tell me if goldfish are still in the CL lounge in the afternoon? Love the veggies and fruit idea but will bring my own goldfish for DD is not there anymore.

Exactly the same here! Have a great trip.

Hope you're having a great time :wizard:.

Our waitlist request was just fulfilled, so we'll be at PVB from 9/1-9/7! We are so excited for our first trip to Poly

Congrats on the wait list coming through! You will love the Poly. Enjoy the planning :goodvibes.

34 days until I arrive at the Poly! The room is paid in full, annual passes are renewed, dog sitter is booked...I basically just need to pack. Our flight is super early and I should be in Orlando right around 9:00am. I'm taking full advantage of that early arrival with a breakfast ADR at Kona Cafe. Of course, I'm also having dinner there the same night...but if that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

The time will go fast and you will be checking into the Poly before you know it :yay:.

33 days to go for us! I had our travel agent request 3rd floor Fiji or 3rd floor Samoa for us.
My top request is 3rd floor Fiji marina side but I was afraid if I was too specific and it wasn't available we'd be put somewhere I didn't want to be.
So excited for our first poly stay!!!

Not too much longer to wait! You will love the Poly :).

The car is loaded headed out in the morning.

Hope you're having a great time :flower3:.

So excited!!!!!!! Checking in 8/26 for 7 nights. Can't wait!!!!! I love this thread, makes me even more excited!

Your trip will be here before you know it :bounce:.

There are no bad rooms at the Poly, though!!

I agree ;).

32 days for me and requested the same thing!!!! Fiji 3rd floor! Maybe I'll see you there!

Hope you get your requests :).

We arrive in 1 week! Touring plans just asked me if I want to fax a room request so I did it even though I had put a request on my resort reservation. They both say the same thing which is Rarotonga ground floor but I like that TP allowed me to show which side of the longhouse I wanted too (pool side not monorail side). Hope to get my request and can't wait to step on that property in 1 week! Yay!

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Not at all! Please keep posting them. I am enjoying them, too! :goodvibes:

Me too ::yes::.

I'll be there in 10 days to take thousands more :rotfl::rotfl:

Looking forward to them :thumbsup2.

26 days for me! I will be celebrating my 50th birthday at my favorite place.
We are doing 3 nights four days with one day at DS one at the MK and the two resort days.

Then I can plan for next June. Well, I have already started, lol. Can't ever plan to soon .

Sounds like a great way to spend a birthday. Have a great time :goodvibes.

They did have chips and dip this afternoon. They had ice cream cones filled with fruit, crudite and dip. No cookies or candy during the afternoon. For tonight's appetizers, it was chicken wings, crab rangoon, mini corndogs. There was brie, swiss, and pepperjack cheese. Red pepper hummus and mini pita, plus veggies and dip.

We are in the lounge waiting for our Twilight Feast. There is another family doing it also. The concierge highly recommended eating here rather than the room.

We are still here when you get here!

Thanks for checking in. Hope you are having a good time! Glad you were able to enjoy the Twilight Feast in the lounge :goodvibes.

Aloha from the Poly! We checked in this morning around 11 and our room was ready. We received our requested 3rd floor Fiji and we are thrilled with the location. We noticed some drainage problems in sink and shower, nothing horrible but not to live with for a week so I will speak to someone when we get back to the room (riding monorail now).

We had an amazing day with lunch at Captain Cook's (so yummy), cocktails at Tambu, and dinner at 'Ohana. Everything was near perfect.

The grounds are beautiful. I have been taking lots of photos but can't post until I get home because the files are too big.

MK was amazing today. We managed to do so much for an EMH morning day mid-summer. We expected much worse! It is our first experience in "new" Fantasyland and we are blown away.

Please let me know if you have any questions or want specific photos.

Thanks for checking in. Glad you're having a great time and that your requests were met! Hope your trip continues to be great :wizard:.

Our plan is to stay at the Poly next trip. We would love to be in the Samoa building 3rd floor facing the volcano pool. I know this is a popular building.
Who has requested Samoa and gotten their request ?
If we ask for Samoa 3rd floor facing the volcano pool, do you think this is to much to request?

I don't think your request is too much. We've requested Samoa and have gotten it. I actually had 3 requests (Samoa, 1st floor, facing volcano pool in that order) and while we were assigned Samoa, 1st floor, we faced the quiet pool (this was before the new Oasis pool). I asked if volcano pool view was available and while it wasn't at that time, they offered to move us the next day. We decided to stay put and not move the next day as it was late (we checked in after 1 am), but we loved it. So if you don't get a room facing the volcano pool, I don't think you'd be disappointed overlooking the Oasis pool. With that said, sometimes requests get overlooked, so if you don't get what you want, you can always ask if something else is available. I know requests are never guaranteed, but it never hurts to ask as we have found the CMs to be very accommodating whenever possible :).

Here is the in room dining menu. I don't see the CCS's but you could ask.

I do get mine at The Confectionery at MK on main street. However they are seasonal so not always available.

I think if you try ordering the day before maybe they can get them from The Grand??

Good luck, sounds nice.

http://allears.net/dining/menu/polynesian-in-room-dining/all-day

Thanks for your help. I can always bring my own small bottle of champagne from home and get breakfast delivered to our room. Tonga Toast in bed sound like a good surprise for hubby! :thumbsup2

Aloha from the Poly! We checked in this morning around 11 and our room was ready. We received our requested 3rd floor Fiji and we are thrilled with the location. We noticed some drainage problems in sink and shower, nothing horrible but not to live with for a week so I will speak to someone when we get back to the room (riding monorail now).

We had an amazing day with lunch at Captain Cook's (so yummy), cocktails at Tambu, and dinner at 'Ohana. Everything was near perfect.

The grounds are beautiful. I have been taking lots of photos but can't post until I get home because the files are too big.

MK was amazing today. We managed to do so much for an EMH morning day mid-summer. We expected much worse! It is our first experience in "new" Fantasyland and we are blown away.

Please let me know if you have any questions or want specific photos.
Sounds like a great start to your vacation. Enjoy!

We are here and we requested 3rd floor, Samoa or Figi. 3rd floor being top priority. We checked in the 21st and got Figi but 2nd floor. Not too thrilled about 2nd. We've always been lucky and gotten 3rd. We checked in about 11 and said we were willing to wait for any 3rd floor room. We could have moved today but it was going to be a major pain so we stayed. It's a noise issue and light sleeper issue for why we want 3rd floor. Plus no balcony or patio kind of stinks.
That said everything is great here. We can get last minute dining reservations just about anywhere. The crowds and lines seem to not be bad and we go around this time every year. The Poly is looking beautiful. We were at the pool the past 2 days (not today) and it has been pretty full but manageable.

They did have chips and dip this afternoon. They had ice cream cones filled with fruit, crudite and dip. No cookies or candy during the afternoon. For tonight's appetizers, it was chicken wings, crab rangoon, mini corndogs. There was brie, swiss, and pepperjack cheese. Red pepper hummus and mini pita, plus veggies and dip.

We are in the lounge waiting for our Twilight Feast. There is another family doing it also. The concierge highly recommended eating here rather than the room.

We are still here when you get here!

This sounds fun. Now I can't decide to actually keep our Ohana ADR or do the twilight feast in the CL lounge. The only thing missing would be the Lapu Lapu's!!!

We checked in yesterday around 11am after flying out of a ridiculously, crazy Midway airport! Check in went great. Our only request was 3rd floor, which we received. Room wasn't ready, so we went to the Oasis pool bar for lunch. Before we were done eating, the room was ready. Room is in very good shape, clean, etc. We have a view of the monorail.

Crowds seem fine. Went to MK last night, it had rained quite hard in the afternoon/early evening. Didn't seem to effect the crowds in any way. Today, we rope dropped Epcot. Got to Epcot right as they were letting people in, so we were a bit behind the crowds. Headed to Soarin and didn't really wait at all. We all loved the new Soarin! Left the park about 1:00 and went to the Oasis pool. The pool was much busier today, lots of kids - go figure:)

Today is my birthday and we are headed off to Ohana for dinner. Have never eaten there, really looking forward to it.

This is our first stay at the Poly and we are thrilled with it so far.

Thanks to everyone on this board for all the great info!

We are here and we requested 3rd floor, Samoa or Figi. 3rd floor being top priority. We checked in the 21st and got Figi but 2nd floor. Not too thrilled about 2nd. We've always been lucky and gotten 3rd. We checked in about 11 and said we were willing to wait for any 3rd floor room. We could have moved today but it was going to be a major pain so we stayed. It's a noise issue and light sleeper issue for why we want 3rd floor. Plus no balcony or patio kind of stinks.
That said everything is great here. We can get last minute dining reservations just about anywhere. The crowds and lines seem to not be bad and we go around this time every year. The Poly is looking beautiful. We were at the pool the past 2 days (not today) and it has been pretty full but manageable.

I'm sorry you got the 2d floor - but yay for Fiji. Crowds sound really promising (for guests). Fingers crossed it will be the same for me next week :yay:

We checked in yesterday around 11am after flying out of a ridiculously, crazy Midway airport! Check in went great. Our only request was 3rd floor, which we received. Room wasn't ready, so we went to the Oasis pool bar for lunch. Before we were done eating, the room was ready. Room is in very good shape, clean, etc. We have a view of the monorail.

Crowds seem fine. Went to MK last night, it had rained quite hard in the afternoon/early evening. Didn't seem to effect the crowds in any way. Today, we rope dropped Epcot. Got to Epcot right as they were letting people in, so we were a bit behind the crowds. Headed to Soarin and didn't really wait at all. We all loved the new Soarin! Left the park about 1:00 and went to the Oasis pool. The pool was much busier today, lots of kids - go figure:)

Today is my birthday and we are headed off to Ohana for dinner. Have never eaten there, really looking forward to it.

:bday::bday::bday:

I hope you love your dinner at 'Ohana!
Great report and I'm glad you got your 3d floor request! :genie:

I have requested it twice and received it twice. Once on the second floor and the other on the third floor. I have requested it again for my stay next month, so we will see if it comes to be. Hoping for some pixie dust once again.
Hope you get it again:thumbsup2

No, I think that is fine. I usually request Samoa, third floor. I don't care if we face the volcano pool or the oasis pool. For all three trips, we got Samoa facing the oasis pool, twice on the third floor and once on the second. I think we've come to like the oasis pool side of Samoa better; much more quiet and the whole pool area is gorgeous and an awesome view to have.
Thats good to hear. The 2nd floor doesnt have a balcony though does it?

Glad you're enjoying your trip so far and happy birthday! :bday:
We're flying out of Midway next month. Was it the security lines that were so crazy? Just wondering what we may be in for. I'm anticipating crazy, but hoping for something better!

HAPPY B'DAY!:bday: SO EXCITED for Soarin..great feedback! ENJOY Poly, beautiful resort!:thumbsup2

Quick question, I've never stayed at the Poly and am heading down next month:) I have a TPV CL level room booked but am wondering if I should save the money and get a GV CL room, or is the TPV worth the extra splurge? I am also wondering if you hear the boats from the TPV rooms as they face the lagoon?

Booked Polynesian again after many years. Going in January and it will be me, my sister, my mom, and maybe my niece(if her parents will allow her to go).

Sounds like an awesome trip! Happy planning :wizard:.

I'm sorry you didn't get 3rd floor, but yay for getting one of the longhouses you wanted. Glad you're having a good time and are enjoying the Poly :goodvibes.

Sounds like a great start to your trip (minus the airport chaos). Hope you had a great birthday dinner at Ohana. Enjoy the rest of your trip :wizard:.

We're flying out of Midway next month. Was it the security lines that were so crazy? Just wondering what we may be in for. I'm anticipating crazy, but hoping for something better!

I'm not the OP, but SWA was experiencing computer glitches Friday, which caused big back ups and long waits at Midway to check in/check luggage. Not sure if that was still the problem yesterday, but the pics on the news Friday morning showed horrendous lines. The curbside check in lines were very long, but inside was much worse, which they said had a 2-3 hour wait time :faint: (and that was just to check in, not security).

31 days! can't wait for our second trip to Poly! We are requesting Raratonga again 3rd floor facing monorail. My son is 6.5 and loves watching the Monorail from the balcony. It's also really convenient location so win for everyone!

You will be there before you know it :yay:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter