Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did our airline check-in early this morning, and we are furiously finishing laundry and packing. We should be landing in Orlando just about 23 hours from now. It is finally here!

THANK YOU to all those who post on this thread, it has been such a great source of information.

I will keep in touch from the resort

Have a great trip! Safe travels!

Anyone ever rent a speed racer? Was it worth it in your opinion? How fast do they go? Might be fun activity for my husband and I to do one afternoon!

Oh, by the way, do you guys know if I can order chocolate covered strawberries and champagne/sparkling wine from Room Service? I want to surprise hubby one evening.

34 days until I arrive at the Poly! The room is paid in full, annual passes are renewed, dog sitter is booked...I basically just need to pack. Our flight is super early and I should be in Orlando right around 9:00am. I'm taking full advantage of that early arrival with a breakfast ADR at Kona Cafe. Of course, I'm also having dinner there the same night...but if that's wrong, I don't want to be right.

Haven't even boarded the plane and just got a text that our room is ready! 3rd floor Fiji, exactly what we requested :) WDW here we come!!!

My end-of-the-school-year vacay started and immediately flew to eastern Canada for several weeks to visit my parents. So now I'm trying to play catch-up on this thread.

I guess you're back from the Poly now??? Hope you had/are having a great time! I had initially considered requesting Fiji, 3rd floor, marina view but changed my mind and put in a request for Samoa. I think my main reason was to have a more central location. But Fiji still seems so inviting!! How was it? I may have to switch my request again!

Ah lucky! I requested 3rd but we got 1st. We had to wait since it wasn't ready. Concierge offered to check but they only had 2nd they could move us to. Oh well still having a great time so far! :)

So how was first floor?

33 days to go for us! I had our travel agent request 3rd floor Fiji or 3rd floor Samoa for us.
My top request is 3rd floor Fiji marina side but I was afraid if I was too specific and it wasn't available we'd be put somewhere I didn't want to be.
So excited for our first poly stay!!!

Anyone ever rent a speed racer? Was it worth it in your opinion? How fast do they go? Might be fun activity for my husband and I to do one afternoon!

Oh, by the way, do you guys know if I can order chocolate covered strawberries and champagne/sparkling wine from Room Service? I want to surprise hubby one evening.

Yes, we rented the sea racers last summer and had tons of fun. They go pretty fast. I think we rented them for 30 minutes which was enough time to go all the way over by the Wilderness Lodge. I'd definitely rent them one day.

Tip - The seats were hot. Thankfully we had some towels to sit on. Grab one or two before you head over.

I guess you're back from the Poly now??? Hope you had/are having a great time! I had initially considered requesting Fiji, 3rd floor, marina view but changed my mind and put in a request for Samoa. I think my main reason was to have a more central location. But Fiji still seems so inviting!! How was it? I may have to switch my request again!
Yes, sadly we are no longer in the World. :( Fiji is our absolute favorite longhouse. It's very close to the pool and GCH; a bit farther from TTC and the quiet pool, but still only minutes away from both. We've stayed both beach and marina side and really don't prefer one over the other....but I do prefer 3rd floor for the outdoor space. There are no bad rooms at the Poly, though!!

Yes, we rented the sea racers last summer and had tons of fun. They go pretty fast. I think we rented them for 30 minutes which was enough time to go all the way over by the Wilderness Lodge. I'd definitely rent them one day.

Tip - The seats were hot. Thankfully we had some towels to sit on. Grab one or two before you head over.
Thanks for the tip! Sounds like fun:thumbsup2

33 days to go for us! I had our travel agent request 3rd floor Fiji or 3rd floor Samoa for us.
My top request is 3rd floor Fiji marina side but I was afraid if I was too specific and it wasn't available we'd be put somewhere I didn't want to be.
So excited for our first poly stay!!!

32 days for me and requested the same thing!!!! Fiji 3rd floor! Maybe I'll see you there!

We arrive in 1 week! Touring plans just asked me if I want to fax a room request so I did it even though I had put a request on my resort reservation. They both say the same thing which is Rarotonga ground floor but I like that TP allowed me to show which side of the longhouse I wanted too (pool side not monorail side). Hope to get my request and can't wait to step on that property in 1 week! Yay!

81902443-050E-41A3-85A0-00A1501D55FE_zpsfzhrdtr8.jpg

F91161A6-BF4C-448B-A562-BCFAC377720B_zpsy17ivcl9.jpg

3595342C-2623-4AD9-9424-C596DF55DDCB_zps7ucyjo6q.jpg

I'm getting close! party:

We arrive in 1 week! Touring plans just asked me if I want to fax a room request so I did it even though I had put a request on my resort reservation. They both say the same thing which is Rarotonga ground floor but I like that TP allowed me to show which side of the longhouse I wanted too (pool side not monorail side). Hope to get my request and can't wait to step on that property in 1 week! Yay!
We requested ground floor of Rarotonga as well. Can't wait to hear how you like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter