Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's odd, because I was also looking at it and it says "Say “aloha” to coffee and pastries in the morning and made-to-order sushi and sashimi beginning at noon."

Can anyone there now let us know if Kona Island is open in the morning, and if so what time they open? TIA!!!

Another question, is Captain Cooks open 24 hours?
yes but the grill closes at 11pm. There are grab and go items and drinks available 24/7

Oh thank goodness. When I go to the site it doesn't show morning hours. So odd.
All that matters to me is that I can get some delicious coffee first thing in the morning:banana:

Kona Island
Sunday, July 17, 2016
Lunch
12:00 PM- 5:00 PM
Dinner
5:00 PM- 8:00 PM
Map
90001790.png

Morning coffee always a must!! (I'm on my 3rd one now ;))

I would be cautious with Google hours. I deal with Google Maps data a lot, and their data feeds are frequently quite wrong!

I would be cautious with Google hours. I deal with Google Maps data a lot, and their data feeds are frequently quite wrong!
Thanks for the heads up. I have had good luck with it but don't use it that much.

Just checked my app and MDE says
6:30am-12pm for Breakfast at Kona Island

Lunch 12pm-5pm

Dinner 5pm-8pm

:thumbsup2

Our first stay at the Poly starts on Friday! I noticed there are some cabanas at the Oasis pool. Can these be reserved and for how much?

Thanks!

We'll be there Saturday! No, those can't be reserved. I think the chatter is eventually they will be, but so far that hasn't been the case. Safe travels!

Hi all!! We just booked the Poly for next August (5th-11) me, DH and DD who will be 17. We will be celebrating her HS graduation and our 20th anniversary. I am trying to read all of this thread, but it may take me a while!

We booked standard view and I booked online. Where would we put in requests such as first floor or near pool etc. Do I have to call for that?

We have not stayed at WDW since 2011, so a lot will be new to us. We have only "visited" the Poly when we were there in 2013 for marathon weekend when we rode the monorail to the deluxe hotels. What do I need to know? What should I ask for in a room request? Can I have them note in our ressie that we are celebrating 2 special events? (in the hopes of some pixie dust LOL)

Its gonna be a long year......

Hi all!! We just booked the Poly for next August (5th-11) me, DH and DD who will be 17. We will be celebrating her HS graduation and our 20th anniversary. I am trying to read all of this thread, but it may take me a while!

We booked standard view and I booked online. Where would we put in requests such as first floor or near pool etc. Do I have to call for that?

We have not stayed at WDW since 2011, so a lot will be new to us. We have only "visited" the Poly when we were there in 2013 for marathon weekend when we rode the monorail to the deluxe hotels. What do I need to know? What should I ask for in a room request? Can I have them note in our ressie that we are celebrating 2 special events? (in the hopes of some pixie dust LOL)

Its gonna be a long year......

I usually book on-line (this year I had to call b/c site was giving me problems) and don't add my requests until on-line check-in (60 days ahead of arrival).
Last summer I booked Standard View online with a WDW special offer and then requested 2 longhouses when I did on-line check-in. I got my first choice request. You cannot count on that, but neither can you count on it when adding it over the phone.

I guess I would call to add the anniversary and graduation celebration info, in case you may receive some pixie dust ;) You could add longhouse requests at that point, since you have their ear ;)
Samoa and Fiji seem very popular.

I have requested Fiji and Samoa. I'll let you know in a few weeks if I've changed my mind on that (after my trip) pixiedust:
I've also stayed in Niue and Rarotonga, with nice Standard Views. Can't go very wrong at the Polynesian:cutie:
Have fun planning!

We'll be there Saturday! No, those can't be reserved. I think the chatter is eventually they will be, but so far that hasn't been the case. Safe travels!

Sounds like we might have to arm wrestle for it:) Actually, my DH said he will be happy if he just gets a chair to go along with his :drinking1.
Have a great trip!

Our first stay at the Poly starts on Friday! I noticed there are some cabanas at the Oasis pool. Can these be reserved and for how much?

Thanks!
Just a heads up to get out there early to snag a cabana! When we were there last week I would go to the Oasis pool about 7:30 or so to fill up our mugs and every morning all 3 cabanas were already taken. There was that one person out there snoozing under each one saving it for their families!

Nothing "soured" our vacation- as in, no one thing happened to ruin it. Service, cleanliness and CL quality were just simply unacceptable at a $500+/nt resort. We didn't have a bad time. Fireworks were amazing, parks were great- it's just that, IMO, Poly wasn't up to par. I gave some feedback on resort but frankly I think it fell on deaf ears. What is the email address so I can send a detailed review?
I was wondering the same thing. If you get an email address to an actual person please pass it on.

good morning!

we have our first Poly stay in 2 weeks! we will be in a studio with dvc points.

one thing i haven't figured out...is the coffeemaker a regular brewer that uses grounds? or does it use pods? just trying to figure out if i need to add coffee to my grocery delivery. also, do they give you filters?

thanks!

good morning!

we have our first Poly stay in 2 weeks! we will be in a studio with dvc points.

one thing i haven't figured out...is the coffeemaker a regular brewer that uses grounds? or does it use pods? just trying to figure out if i need to add coffee to my grocery delivery. also, do they give you filters?

thanks!

Unlike the standard rooms, looks like the DVC villas have actual coffeemakers. (Regular rooms have pod machines)
You can see them in this review. Scroll about 1/3 of the way down the page to see the kitchenette:

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/polynesian-villas-bungalows-review/

Just did a bit more research and looks as though you will need flat-bottomed filters/ 12-cup machine.

That's odd, because I was also looking at it and it says "Say “aloha” to coffee and pastries in the morning and made-to-order sushi and sashimi beginning at noon."

Can anyone there now let us know if Kona Island is open in the morning, and if so what time they open? TIA!!!

Another question, is Captain Cooks open 24 hours?

Kona Island opens at 6:30 and they serve coffee and pastries. At noon they go to more desserts that continue until they close at 10 pm. From 5 pm to 8 pm they have at to-go menu that you can order some items (including sushi).

thanks!

Guessing it's the same setup as other DVCs, in which case the following would be true:
You have to bring your own filters and ground coffee. We do this every trip and love having our own locally roasted coffee every morning. Coffee maker is standard flat bottom 12 cup machine. They provide a couple pre-measured coffee packets that don't require filters, but for us it isn't enough coffee, nor is the quality as good as what we are used to at home. We always bring a measuring scoop as well, so we get the right ratio of water to grounds.

G
Kona Island opens at 6:30 and they serve coffee and pastries. At noon they go to more desserts that continue until they close at 10 pm. From 5 pm to 8 pm they have at to-go menu that you can order some items (including sushi).
They have let me order lunch too. They just don't do the placesetting set up like they do at night. That was Nov and Jan .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter