Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, in that case, we'll stay at the resort. I'm sure there will be plenty of Disney stuff my DD can look through and buy. I was hoping it was a boat ride, but I agree with you about taking the bus. We'll just enjoy the resort stay. I hear the food is good, so we'll eat there as well. Thanks for answering!
I'm not sure when you are going but you will want to make reservations for Ohana as early as you can they book up fast. It is one of our favorites. The dinner books up fast , breakfast is a little easier to get though.

People are more likely to to stop and write a review for a bad experience and less likely to write about a good experience unless it was something out of the ordinary. So you may have many people who were happy with their O'Hana dinner on the same night that one person wrote a bad review. It's worrying when there are many, many bad reviews consistently.
I have always seen good reviews of Ohana until this year :(

So we just booked the Poly King Kamehameha Suite for October 2017. *doing the happy dance* I'm so excited. Has anyone else stayed here?
Wow great news, I hope you enjoy the great suite.

While I have never had the chance to stay there, Tikiman has a good overview of all the suites in Tonga Longhouse with pictures. I would much rather have a CL room in the Hawaii longhouse with at TPV.

link: http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/tonga-suites

Dave

Last edited:
Couple questions...

Do they still give out leis when you check in? What if you get the text to go right to your room?

Debating on the refillable mug... Is there anywhere else to fill up besides The main building? What about coffee?

Small point of interest. If you watch Wishes from your room at the Poly, can you tune the TV (or something) to it so you can hear the music?

Not a big deal either way, just wondering.

Couple questions...

Do they still give out leis when you check in? What if you get the text to go right to your room?

Debating on the refillable mug... Is there anywhere else to fill up besides The main building? What about coffee?
I did see people getting leis last week. We went straight to our room, so never got one. There is also a mug refill station at the Oasis pool that is open from 7-5. We were in a dvc studio in Tokelau, so I ran out every morning and filled our mugs at the Oasis pool. It was very convenient!

I did see people getting leis last week. We went straight to our room, so never got one. There is also a mug refill station at the Oasis pool that is open from 7-5. We were in a dvc studio in Tokelau, so I ran out every morning and filled our mugs at the Oasis pool. It was very convenient!

Was there coffee there too?

Small point of interest. If you watch Wishes from your room at the Poly, can you tune the TV (or something) to it so you can hear the music?

Not a big deal either way, just wondering.

Unless it has changed recently, no. Only the Contemporary has that option.

I did see coffee, but since I don't drink coffee I didn't pay a lot of attention to what kind or if its the same as inside. There was definitely coffee though along with sugar, splenda, etc...

Thanks! I don't drink coffee either but DH can't function without it when he immediately wakes up lol

Lots of Disney resorts previously, recently at the DVCs. Poly has always been the dream, and hoping this is the first of many poly stays.
Hope so too! :flower1:

Thanks! I don't drink coffee either but DH can't function without it when he immediately wakes up lol

I'm a major coffee person. If your husband likes really good, strong coffee, I recommend the coffee at Kona Island on the second floor of the Great Ceremonial House. Last summer a CM recommended that I add a shot of espresso to their Kona Blend coffee. Delicious. That became my daily fix :D
(**would not be part of the refillable mug program.)

I have never understood the value of the refillable mug. Maybe because I don't drink soda and don't enjoy carrying anything with me and am often coming from or going to a park. If I am drinking something it's water, coffee or something containing alcohol. Can someone explain the value of the mug program?

Now on to Poly, does anyone know what beers are on tap at the oasis pool and lava pool bars? Do either accept TIW?

Only 58 days!!!!! :banana::jumping1::dance3:party:

Your trip will be here before you know it! :cool1::cheer2::bounce:

Poly has always been the dream, and hoping this is the first of many poly stays.

I think you'll love the Poly :goodvibes.

We are checking in at the Poly one month from today too!
We fly into MCO the night of August 13 but are spending the night at the MCO Hyatt. Then we'll transfer to the Poly bright and early on August 14. Can't wait! AND we're eating at California Grill that night too!

Have a great trip :wizard:.

I have never understood the value of the refillable mug. Maybe because I don't drink soda and don't enjoy carrying anything with me and am often coming from or going to a park. If I am drinking something it's water, coffee or something containing alcohol. Can someone explain the value of the mug program?

Now on to Poly, does anyone know what beers are on tap at the oasis pool and lava pool bars? Do either accept TIW?

Until this trip, we bought the mugs....we won't do it again. We bought a few two liter drinks and it was plenty...those two liters cost us about the same as one mug (five in our family). Saved us a lot of money.

Wow great news, I hope you enjoy the great suite.

While I have never had the chance to stay there, Tikiman has a good overview of all the suites in Tonga Longhouse with pictures. I would much rather have a CL room in the Hawaii longhouse with at TPV.

link: http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/tonga-suites

Dave

We have had CL rooms with TPV in the Hawaii building many times. We prefer having the space and the quieter lounge. We chose not to stay CL this coming September and instead reserved a bungalow cash reservation. Very much looking forward to that :)

Thanks for the link!!

Last edited:

Here is a link to the Oasis Pool Bar menu
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/polynesian-resort/oasis-bar-grill/menus/pool-bar/

RE. TIW, looks like No. I got this from its site:

Disney’s Polynesian Resort

• ‘Ohana*
  • Kona Cafe
  • Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Late show only)
  • Tambu Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter