Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo...I just booked a weekend stay at Poly. Our first time. We're not doing the parks, just hanging out at the pool and resort...maybe a visit to Disney Springs...which brings me to my question. Can we take a boat to Disney Springs or only by bus?? TIA!

They had a transformer fail. They didn't turn off the power by choice in that instance, and to provide stable power in the future does require some work that must be done with the live juice off.

You can't run areas of the resort off generators long term.

The first sounds like an emergency. I get that it happens. I think it was last summer much of the BC or YC was without power because something blew. Preventative maintenance and repair is not an emergency. If you need to shut off the power to certain rooms, you don't rent them. And if an issue crops up, you accommodate those guests who are already there by offering to move them elsewhere. Or tell guests checking in that XYZ is a problem, we can discount your room for that time or we can send you to another resort. You don't just give them a note and hope they don't complain.

I love the Poly, don't get me wrong. I was there in May and it is gorgeous and all the CMs were absolutely wonderful. But I'm not going to cut them slack for something I perceive to be crap CS.

Woohoo...I just booked a weekend stay at Poly. Our first time. We're not doing the parks, just hanging out at the pool and resort...maybe a visit to Disney Springs...which brings me to my question. Can we take a boat to Disney Springs or only by bus?? TIA!
I suggest taking uber from Poly to Disney Springs. Uber is cheaper than a cab and easy. If you've never used it, you can usually find a code that makes your first ride free. Then no waiting for the bus (something we hate to do).

I suggest taking uber from Poly to Disney Springs. Uber is cheaper than a cab and easy. If you've never used it, you can usually find a code that makes your first ride free. Then no waiting for the bus (something we hate to do).

Ugh, in that case, we'll stay at the resort. I'm sure there will be plenty of Disney stuff my DD can look through and buy. I was hoping it was a boat ride, but I agree with you about taking the bus. We'll just enjoy the resort stay. I hear the food is good, so we'll eat there as well. Thanks for answering!

The first sounds like an emergency. I get that it happens. I think it was last summer much of the BC or YC was without power because something blew. Preventative maintenance and repair is not an emergency. If you need to shut off the power to certain rooms, you don't rent them. And if an issue crops up, you accommodate those guests who are already there by offering to move them elsewhere. Or tell guests checking in that XYZ is a problem, we can discount your room for that time or we can send you to another resort. You don't just give them a note and hope they don't complain.

I love the Poly, don't get me wrong. I was there in May and it is gorgeous and all the CMs were absolutely wonderful. But I'm not going to cut them slack for something I perceive to be crap CS.
YES! That whole thing with the water being off in the middle of the day a couple of weeks ago would have driven us crazy. We were swimming or going to water park in the morning thru lunch, and then coming back to the room to shower. No water would not have been a minor inconvenience for us.

Ugh, in that case, we'll stay at the resort. I'm sure there will be plenty of Disney stuff my DD can look through and buy. I was hoping it was a boat ride, but I agree with you about taking the bus. We'll just enjoy the resort stay. I hear the food is good, so we'll eat there as well. Thanks for answering!

They have 2 shops there, plus you could take monorail around to GF and Contemporary for more shopping--they do have different stuff. We liked having Capt Cooks and the Oasis Grill. Grand Floridian Cafe usually has tables available if you want a different table service option. You can take the boat back to Poly from GF.

Does the Oasis Grill accept the dining plan? If so, is it considered quick service?

They have 2 shops there, plus you could take monorail around to GF and Contemporary for more shopping--they do have different stuff. We liked having Capt Cooks and the Oasis Grill. Grand Floridian Cafe usually has tables available if you want a different table service option. You can take the boat back to Poly from GF.
Thanks for the tip! Yes, I think I will check out GF, I haven't been there either. Maybe check it out for a future stay. Thanks!

I don't know how Oasis Grill can be any better than Captain Cooks. We really enjoyed it so much last year, that a big lunch there ruined me for California Grill that night, and I ended up only eating about 25% of a very expensive meal!
I also plan to spend a lot of time at Pineapple Lanai. Does anyone know if they add rum to the frozen deliciousness there like they did (I think only for a limited amount of time at YC/BC/SAB?

One month from today!

Hi all :yay:

New to the Dis. We have our first stay at the Poly in 60 days for a 14 night stay. We've previously stayed at the beach club but it wasn't available for our stay length, just odd nights. We are staying in a DVC studio.

Welcome to the Dis :welcome:.

Hope you have a great stay and enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

I geek out on my Disney trips and enter a lot of info into to my phone Notes.
Last July from the Polynesian (various days):

4:52p- on bus to AK
Stopped at GF first
AK at 5:12p

On bus to DHS- 9:05a
Left GF 9:11a
Arrived DHS 9:24a

4:15- left room
4:22- on bus to AK (GF-BB-AK)
4:42- arrived AK

AK Bus stop at 7:33p
Departed 7:44p
Arrived Polynesian 8:00p

So, I'd say usually right around 20 minutes to those parks.

Awesome, thanks for sharing :thumbsup2.

People are more likely to to stop and write a review for a bad experience and less likely to write about a good experience unless it was something out of the ordinary. So you may have many people who were happy with their O'Hana dinner on the same night that one person wrote a bad review. It's worrying when there are many, many bad reviews consistently.

I agree! ;)

Thanks to everyone who posts here. Definitely getting excited for my first Poly trip in November!

Have a great trip and enjoy your first Poly stay :wizard:.

Have a great trip :yay:.

I don't know how Oasis Grill can be any better than Captain Cooks. We really enjoyed it so much last year, that a big lunch there ruined me for California Grill that night, and I ended up only eating about 25% of a very expensive meal!
I also plan to spend a lot of time at Pineapple Lanai. Does anyone know if they add rum to the frozen deliciousness there like they did (I think only for a limited amount of time at YC/BC/SAB?

One month from today!

We are checking in at the Poly one month from today too!
We fly into MCO the night of August 13 but are spending the night at the MCO Hyatt. Then we'll transfer to the Poly bright and early on August 14. Can't wait! AND we're eating at California Grill that night too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter