Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugs @DrunkJam! I think you will find the Poly absolutely amazing and a wonderful resort for you big family trip. My kids absolutely love it there (they are 5 and 7 now) and we have been staying there since they were 2 and 4. And it is still my absolute favorite resort. Something about walking into that lobby just makes all my cares disappear. Sometimes its hard to believe you are still in Florida, as the grounds are so lush and tropical! You've made a wonderful resort choice. Wishing you a magical, pixie dusted trip.

Ok Poly experts, help a girl out. I'm panicking because I'm seeing conflicting information in different places about the bathrooms in standard Poly rooms. In some places I'm seeing a split bath with sinks outside of the bathroom and in other I'm seeing pics of one large bathroom with all pieces in it. As a family of 5, I don't think a large bathroom is going to work for us. When we last went as a family, we stayed at POFQ and it had the double vanity outside and then the tub/toilet in a separate room.
Can someone clarify this for me? If it's truly 1 large bathroom, I think we need to look at switching resorts. :guilty:

In our LV CL room, the bathroom was one contained room with sinks, toilet, bath/shower in one room. We had 5 as well and this is definitely something we didn't like. It's much better with a split bath.

We got married in WDW in 2010, when our son was 4 and a half.
When we go back his sister will be 4 and a half.
He remembers going. So, she will be able to remember going (and we'll have a bunch of photos that show that they both were there, and they went with their Dad)
Their Dad now has Leukaemia, which will not be cured (unless a new treatment is discovered) and while his Doctors are confident he will be able to cope leaving this trip until our daughter will remember, we know he won't be able to make any more long distance holidays after this one.
If it turns out he can't even make this one, then that's horrible, but, with the biggest hope that he can, it DOES matter that we make the best choices we can.
Millions of people in such circumstances go to WDW so, we are not looking for special treatment, but, we have put a lot of thought into things like resort choices (yes decor, but, more importantly, location, transport, kid wow-ness etc) to make it, well, you know...[/Q
Oh my gosh I don't know what to say except that I am sending love to your family and wish you as many wonderful days as possible.

Lagoon view at Poly is our favorite view! We love watching Wishes from our own patio/balcony. And sitting outside during the day or at night is so relaxing with the Poly music playing in the background.

As I said before, you'll always hear negativity on these boards, no matter where you choose and then you'll second guess. I used to do the same thing until we tried many different resorts and now we know for ourselves. However, given your situation, I understand how important your choice is to you. I can't see how a lagoon view at Poly could ever be a wrong choice. Maybe take a look at some pictures? I posted some a few pictures back of our lagoon room view.
:grouphug:

Thank you! This is what I hope. Even if really tired, could still do something like that, and will still feel really like we're on a fab vacation

Reactions: TJA
Ok Poly experts, help a girl out. I'm panicking because I'm seeing conflicting information in different places about the bathrooms in standard Poly rooms. In some places I'm seeing a split bath with sinks outside of the bathroom and in other I'm seeing pics of one large bathroom with all pieces in it. As a family of 5, I don't think a large bathroom is going to work for us. When we last went as a family, we stayed at POFQ and it had the double vanity outside and then the tub/toilet in a separate room.
Can someone clarify this for me? If it's truly 1 large bathroom, I think we need to look at switching resorts. :guilty:
Last year we were in Samoa. We had all bathroom fixtures in one room. No outside sink. It was the same with our several CR stays, all bathroom fixtures in one room. I think the sink outside is an item found in newer buildings.

You are probably confusing the regular Polynesian rooms with the newly renovated DVC rooms. The DVC deluxe studio rooms have an extra shower area in addition to the large regular bathroom. Regular resort rooms are one contained regular bathroom--all pieces in the same room.

You are probably confusing the regular Polynesian rooms with the newly renovated DVC rooms. The DVC deluxe studio rooms have an extra shower area in addition to the large regular bathroom. Regular resort rooms are one contained regular bathroom--all pieces in the same room.
I know the DVC rooms have the extra toilet/shower. My 2016 Unofficial Guide has all the room layouts and it shows the Poly as having a separate room/nook for the toilet. Maybe they don't update their room layouts? In any case, the info in the book is inaccurate.

In any case, I'm 6 weeks out and fully paid. Do I really want to be changing resorts at this point? Our other consideration was BC.

What is Uber? :confused3

It's sort of like a taxi-service run over the internet and by individuals who sign up to be drivers (and go through background checks). You download the Uber app to your smartphone and then request a driver and one will come to pick you up. it's generally cheaper than a cab service (sometimes half as much).

Here are the room layouts.

http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/the-resort/planning/item/59-rooms-and-rates

Are the hairdryers attatched to the wall, or in a cloth bag? I was thinking if they are attatched I will need to bring my own do I can dry my hair out in the room while everyone else showers.

Trying to avoid creating yet another thread asking to help me choose a resort, but suffice it to say that we are comparing the Poly CL to AOA FS for next summer for 5 of us. We're taking our teen niece and nephew with us for their first onsite stay. All 3 kids are leaning toward AOA for the themes of course. We've been spoiled by the WL of late as we spend a lot of time at MK, but don't want the villas and the Deluxe CL is more than we want to pay if possible. We've always thought about trying the Poly for the location, transportation options, amenities, etc. I do have some concerns/questions that I was hoping to get input on here. I'm worried about 5 of us sharing one bathroom, if the daybed is big enough for my almost 6 ft nephew, how far Hawaii is from the GCH and transportation, access to laundry facilities (read the facilities are minimal and not centrally located) and if the CL lounge is close to the Lava pool (for easy snack/beverage grabs)? Summer is our absolute last choice for time of year to visit (we'd be happy as clams in jeans and jackets in December and January), but it's that or the niece and nephew can't go. So, while I want to make this mostly about meeting the kid's wishes...I also want to have as many conveniences as possible to keep the adults from melting down (literally and figuratively). I'd appreciate anyone chiming in on the Poly specific questions!:thanks:

I'm going to start drafting my email feedback to guest communications and it'd be great if everyone else did too. The only way they can fix anything is if they hear consistent feedback.

I agree :).

We got married in WDW in 2010, when our son was 4 and a half.
When we go back his sister will be 4 and a half.
He remembers going. So, she will be able to remember going (and we'll have a bunch of photos that show that they both were there, and they went with their Dad)
Their Dad now has Leukaemia, which will not be cured (unless a new treatment is discovered) and while his Doctors are confident he will be able to cope leaving this trip until our daughter will remember, we know he won't be able to make any more long distance holidays after this one.
If it turns out he can't even make this one, then that's horrible, but, with the biggest hope that he can, it DOES matter that we make the best choices we can.
Millions of people in such circumstances go to WDW so, we are not looking for special treatment, but, we have put a lot of thought into things like resort choices (yes decor, but, more importantly, location, transport, kid wow-ness etc) to make it, well, you know...

I'm so sorry :hug:. I hope you have a very magical trip with a lot of great memories :grouphug:.

I will be posting photos from all around the resort in a few weeks.

Looking forward to them :goodvibes.

What is Uber? :confused3

It's sort of like a taxi-service run over the internet and by individuals who sign up to be drivers (and go through background checks). You download the Uber app to your smartphone and then request a driver and one will come to pick you up. it's generally cheaper than a cab service (sometimes half as much).

Just want to add... I was skeptical of using Uber for some reason. I tried it and am now hooked -- I use this almost exclusively now vs. cabs. So easy to use: you store a form of payment with them and never have to deal with payment with the driver -- just gets charged to your credit card. They tell you via the app how far away drivers are, what their ETA is, etc. They store your route and email to you afterwards. Afterwards you are asked to rate your driver/experience.

I once had a driver take me WAY out of my way -- twice the distance and twice the charge. I gave this feedback via the app and they refunded me the difference -- within an hour. :thumbsup2

Just want to add... I was skeptical of using Uber for some reason. I tried it and am now hooked -- I use this almost exclusively now vs. cabs. So easy to use: you store a form of payment with them and never have to deal with payment with the driver -- just gets charged to your credit card. They tell you via the app how far away drivers are, what their ETA is, etc. They store your route and email to you afterwards. Afterwards you are asked to rate your driver/experience.

I once had a driver take me WAY out of my way -- twice the distance and twice the charge. I gave this feedback via the app and they refunded me the difference -- within an hour. :thumbsup2

We used Uber last week to get to and from Blizzard Beach. It was great and the total cost was under $18 (that's total round trip). Well worth it to avoid the current 2 buses to get to water parks situation they have going on right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter