Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are 4 days away now from our very first Poly stay! Nervous about being trampled by crowds for 4th of July but otherwise super-excited to try this resort. We are lagoon view CL and have everything crossed for one of the 3rd floor rooms! We're doing a split with 5 nts Poly and the 4 nts BC Club level. Hope to post live so if you have Qs ask away!

Hope you enjoy your first Poly stay. Have a great trip! :wizard:

4 days for us as well. Our first July 4th trip, and nervous about the crowds and heat, but heck, I'm in WDW! Better than being at home!!! :)

Hope you have a great time and enjoy celebrating the 4th at the Poly :wizard:.

We arrive on jumy 9th and cant wait for a relaxing vacation. We go to disney multiple time throughout the yr but our first trip to the polynesian. So cant wait.

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Have a great trip :).

For everyone going to the Poly over the 4th, see you there! We'll be the ones with 13 year old twin girls staying CL LV.

Have fun :wizard:.

We leave tomorrow and will be there through next Wednesday. Little nervous since this is our first time down at a holiday like this but it's Disney!

Have a great time :goodvibes.

Do folks like ground floor or third floor rooms? I am hoping to get our request of Samoa, but since that longhouse is really popular, is Niue a good back up? We plan to go to bed on the early side, but also want to be closer to the pools since our kids are still younger and will need a break every day from the parks. aotearoa seemed peaceful, but worried it is too far a walk from things. Appreciate the input!

We just got back from our 6/18-6/26 stay. We had a ground floor room and we LOVED it!!! We were in Hawaii and it was such a short walk to the pool. We also loved sitting out on the patio and seeing the ducks, bunnies, squirrels and birds walk by.

What information is needed when requesting specifics for a room. We will be arriving in July 23 with 7 in our party...five of us in one room and two in another, with the two being my mom and dad staying in their own room. We would like connecting rooms since it would make it easier when we go out at night and they watch my children. How do I go about asking for that? And is there a specific fax number that I send it to? TIA!! Getting SO excited for this vacation!! My first time at the Poly and I've heard it's awesome!!

I would call and give them the reasons for connecting rooms. I have always had great luck when calling

What information is needed when requesting specifics for a room. We will be arriving in July 23 with 7 in our party...five of us in one room and two in another, with the two being my mom and dad staying in their own room. We would like connecting rooms since it would make it easier when we go out at night and they watch my children. How do I go about asking for that? And is there a specific fax number that I send it to? TIA!! Getting SO excited for this vacation!! My first time at the Poly and I've heard it's awesome!!

I'd call and have connecting rooms noted on your reservation. If you check in and find the rooms aren't connecting, you can ask if they are available. It's not guaranteed your rooms can be changed, but it never hurts to ask :).

Can't wait. It is just around the corner.

Have a great trip! :wizard:

I just made a reservation for Lilo's clubhouse for our trip. Someone had mentioned that characters visit....any truth to that?

We are here now and everything is great! This is a beautiful resort and we have enjoyed everything about it. We did online check in and also had TP fax over a room request. We asked for Aetearoa, balcony, and were hoping to get a view of the beach. We did end up with Aetearoa and a balcony, but ended up with a view of a big tree in front of our balcony. We asked to change rooms after we saw it but were told nothing was available. The next day, I went down to the front desk early and asked for something with either a beach or marina view. We were moved to Fiji, 3rd floor, with a view of the marina. It is awesome! We can see the Contemporary and Space Mountain from our balcony.

We got the Twilight Feast last night and it is a tremendous amount of food! I ordered one adult portion even though there are three of us. It was plenty. The platter included 5 shrimp, 4 pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of beef, 3 potstickers, 3 wings, a big plate full of noodles and vegetables, a loaf of bread, a carafe of fruit juice, and a huge piece of bread pudding. Also a bowl of salad big enough for about 4 people. It was all excellent and arrived to our room about 20 minutes after ordering.

@JeninTexas Awesome! We had that view last summer and it is fabulous! I've stayed in a lot of great rooms on property and that is a very unique Disney view :thumbsup2
Have a great trip!

Anyone know if the caricature artists are in the lobby during specific times?

During a recent visit I saw at least 2 different artists there. I had a caricature done of my nephew from a photo on my iPad and was pleased with it. The artist took a photo of my picture around 6:00 pm and told me it would be ready in about one hour but that he would be there until 10:00 pm.

We got the Twilight Feast last night and it is a tremendous amount of food! I ordered one adult portion even though there are three of us. It was plenty. The platter included 5 shrimp, 4 pieces of chicken, 3 pieces of beef, 3 potstickers, 3 wings, a big plate full of noodles and vegetables, a loaf of bread, a carafe of fruit juice, and a huge piece of bread pudding. Also a bowl of salad big enough for about 4 people. It was all excellent and arrived to our room about 20 minutes after ordering.

Can u give me more info about this please! It sounds like an Ohara meal for your room. Also do you know if you can you switch out the shrimp for chicken and/or beef? Thanks!

@maxsmom here are some earlier posts re. the Twilight Feast

I just found this review on you tube on the twilight feast.....sounds like such a good option!

Its called the Twilight Feast on the In-Room Dining menu. It is very similar to the 'Ohana menu with a few differences. It comes with a lot of food so if your order, don't order for the amount of people you have. If it is for two you can order for one. We had 8 and ordered for 6 and had a bunch left over.
It includes including Spiced Chicken Wings, Asian-style Pot Stickers, Yokisoba Noodles, Stir-fried Vegetables, special 'Ohana Sunset Punch; followed with skewered meats and oak-grilled shrimp seasoned. Bread Pudding is included.
$20.00 for guests 9 and under
$40.00 for guests 10 and older

We are here now and everything is great! This is a beautiful resort and we have enjoyed everything about it. We did online check in and also had TP fax over a room request. We asked for Aetearoa, balcony, and were hoping to get a view of the beach. We did end up with Aetearoa and a balcony, but ended up with a view of a big tree in front of our balcony. We asked to change rooms after we saw it but were told nothing was available. The next day, I went down to the front desk early and asked for something with either a beach or marina view. We were moved to Fiji, 3rd floor, with a view of the marina. It is awesome! We can see the Contemporary and Space Mountain from our balcony.

Glad you're having a great time and enjoying the Poly and that they were able to move you to another longhouse with a better view. Hope you continue to have a great time :wizard:.

Very cute! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter