Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So another first timers where to request question.

Does anyone request first floor? It seems third is the most requested but after seeing a post on Tikiman's Facebook page I am wondering if we would like third much. There seems to be a large overhang that would block a lot of light into the room. A dark room is what I fear the most. Is there more natural light in a first floor room? Also with the installation of speakers around the resort along the pathway I am wondering if there is a better chance of hearing the music when sitting on the balcony. Thinking perhaps first floor Aotearoa or Niue, but unsure when the whole time was thinking Fiji third floor marina view. Strange questions I know and it is not like it a guarantee, lol. However thought I would ask in case if someone has some experience with noticing the differences in these rooms.

Does anyone request first floor? It seems third is the most requested but after seeing a post on Tikiman's Facebook page I am wondering if we would like third much. There seems to be a large overhang that would block a lot of light into the room. A dark room is what I fear the most. Is there more natural light in a first floor room? Also with the installation of speakers around the resort along the pathway I am wondering if there is a better chance of hearing the music when sitting on the balcony. Thinking perhaps first floor Aotearoa or Niue, but unsure when the whole time was thinking Fiji third floor marina view. Strange questions I know and it is not like it a guarantee, lol. However thought I would ask in case if someone has some experience with noticing the differences in these rooms.

We had a first floor room in Aotearoa and loved it! I didn't notice the music but we had plenty of natural light. We were in a standard room but could see the castle from our patio.

We will be checking in Saturday evening... Any pic requests or info I should know?
How exciting!

I do enjoy getting take out from Cap cooks and eating outside or back in the room.

Also there is a to-go menu at the sushi place that has some of the items from Kona. If you go in the evening they will set up placemats and silver along the rail and stool area facing the monorail and you can eat there.(see pic below on left side) Very nice options if you don't have a reservation and find yourself starving, lol. A hidden GEM!!

Also room service is nice too!

I love pix from anywhere! We love to sit on the beach and just admire the views of GF , Cr and the castle:cloud9:

Lastly, the cupcakes of Disney! Very fun to get and share when you need a pick me up!

Hope you have a great trip! Take time to enjoy the beautiful resort.:flower1:

kona-island-00.jpg

Last edited:

So excited to be staying at the Polynesian! We just switched from the Yacht Club. We booked a Studio Villa, and my tall boys, aged 15 and 13, will be sleeping on the queen sleeper sofa. Just curious people's opinions on the comfort. Wasn't able to book the standard room and get the two queen beds, but excited for the two showers. Thanks!

So excited to be staying at the Polynesian! We just switched from the Yacht Club. We booked a Studio Villa, and my tall boys, aged 15 and 13, will be sleeping on the queen sleeper sofa. Just curious people's opinions on the comfort. Wasn't able to book the standard room and get the two queen beds, but excited for the two showers. Thanks!
My son at 16 slept on the similar small pop down bed at VGF without any problems. I laid in it one afternoon for a reading break . It was comfy too. My only problem is not enough blankets. They keep some in the closet but you can get more simply by calling them with the housekeeping button on the phone.

Maybe one of them wants their own space??

Oh my ds is 5"11.

can anyone give information about Lilo's clubhouse? How old do the kids have to be? How much is it? Anyone use it? My husband and I were thinking about doing it for one night when we want to go to Epcot

Thanks, my daughter will be sleeping on the pull down bed, I was asking about the sleeper sofa. :)

I saw an article on CNN that said Disney is re-opening the beaches today (dawn to dusk). We leave for the World tomorrow. Anyone there now that can verify if the beaches are open?

I saw an article on CNN that said Disney is re-opening the beaches today (dawn to dusk). We leave for the World tomorrow. Anyone there now that can verify if the beaches are open?

Beach is being reopened and will be open from an hour after sunrise to an hour before sunset. Staff will patrol during the closed time to make sure no one is on the beach. This will be the schedule for the foreseeable future.

Since this is our first time staying at the Poly (we usually stay at CBR) we wanted to have the full check-in experience. We want to receive the leis and the welcome packet and all that. Should we not do the online check-in then? Ive been reading some stories where people received the text and they weren't greeted and had to figure out where to go on their own and all that. We are requesting certain room requests through touring plans.

Add me to the list of those who like checking in at the resort in person. Have a great trip! :wizard:

I'm with you! The Poly is my dream resort and I was hoping for the full check in experience as well, so I was thinking of not doing online check in. I've never stayed there either so I'd appreciate the welcome packet too. I already have submitted my room requests through my travel agent.

Hoping to hear the answer to this as well!

Hope you have a great trip and enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

I always check-in in person! Maybe it's silly but check-in is so exciting to me, I don't want to skip that part :)

Not silly at all, I also think checking in in person adds to the excitement ::yes::.

I do the same!! Thought j was the only one left!! :rotfl:

I also like to have the opportunity to ask where our room is located exactly (they can give a general sense), and to ask for a change right then if something else would be preferable and happens to be available.

Me too....LOL....I was beginning to think I was the only one who did check in the old fashion way :laughing:.

Me too! I had good luck with this at the Poly in March. The room they assigned was nowhere near where we wanted to be, but I asked for something else and they met all of our requests!

Glad your requests were met. It's never guaranteed your room can be changed, but is never hurts to ask ;).

We will be checking in Saturday evening... Any pic requests or info I should know?

Have a great trip :yay:.

Same here. Our first time at our dream resort that we've spent our last 15 trips dreaming of.:rotfl: I can't wait to pull up to the gate and say CHECKING IN!!!!

I hear ya....it's a great feeling stopping at the guard shack and say you're checking in :goodvibes.

My preference is anything other than 1st floor (I just don't care for being on the ground floor), with 3rd floor balcony my first choice, followed by 2nd floor :).

Congrats on switching to the Poly, you're going to love it! :wizard:

I can't comment on the comfort of a queen sleeper sofa as we've never stayed in a studio, but hopefully others will give their opinion :flower3:.

We stayed in a studio recently and had no complaints about the sleeper sofa. It seemed to be a thick foam material, wasn't lumpy and not squeaky.

Here now and we love it!! Didn't get Fiji...ended up in Tuvalu but still got 3rd floor.
Here's a random pic...

How is the view? That has always been the one long house we don't want b/c of the standard view being looking at Fiji. Fingers crossed we don't get it but I won't let it ruin our trip. We just ended up w/ almost the worst view you could possibly get last yr at the Contemporary. I thought all standard view rooms were facing the back parking lot so I just requested top floor. Well we got that, but it was clear out at the end of the wings looking back towards at the rest of the wings heading out there. The only saving grace was that it wasn't the very 1st room. Those 6 (one each floor, one on each side of the middle wing) were the worst. We were the 2nd room over. I don't pay for views, but staring at a wall is not very magical and shouldn't really be an option w/out it being much cheaper than the others. I did ask to pay to upgrade but they were completely booked.

Good morning everyone! Hope you have a fast moving Friday (if you are at work :) )

I just read that last night people were allowed to sit on the beach at Polynesian and watch Wishes! So that's good if it's true.
I so hope that's true! Anyone there now that can confirm?

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

9B010D02-3D2A-4C2F-9DCB-74F4622FA38A_zpsxfwrgviy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter