• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that have been there recently, are they still leaving shower gel? The last Dreams podcast said WDW was going to stop leaving shower gel at all resorts.
We just got back and we did get shower gel. I did have to make a call to housekeeping to get more of it though. They were v generous with shampoo and bar soap- not so much the conditioner and shower gel. We stayed CL so I don't know if that is different than the non-CL rooms or DVC.

We are excited about our upcoming Poly stay 6/13-16 as part of a split stay with YC!

My son has severe asthma and he noticed a smoking section marked between Niue and Rarotonga. Has staying near that spot been a problem for anyone with breathing difficulties?

Any tips on where smoking areas are noticeable so we can avoid a room adjacent to one?

Love this thread, by the way. I've learned so much!

We just got back and we did get shower gel. I did have to make a call to housekeeping to get more of it though. They were v generous with shampoo and bar soap- not so much the conditioner and shower gel. We stayed CL so I don't know if that is different than the non-CL rooms or DVC.

Thanks for info! How was your stay? We'll be back at Poly CL LV in a little over a month!

I'm getting excited for our trip that's coming up in about 7 weeks, so I've been watching some YouTube videos about the Poly. In one of the videos, a woman was sitting out on her patio, and she commented that she had used a lot of bug spray on herself and her daughter due to loads of mosquitoes at the Poly because it's so close to the water.

My family has gone to Disney in the summer the last 4-5 years, and none of us has ever gotten a mosquito bite. We stayed at both the Contemporary and the GF, which are also right on bay lake, and we never had an issue there either. I'm thinking the Poly will be the same - very few mosquitoes, if any at all.

Anybody ever deal with mosquitoes at the Poly?

This may be a stupid question, but I am looking at staying at the Polynesian for an 8 day stay at the end of august (August 23rd to August 30th). I read recently on this forum about the monorail possibly being closed? Could someone share info they have on this? One of the main reasons I would like to stay at the Polynesian is because of the convenience of the monorail. Thank you!!!

This may be a stupid question, but I am looking at staying at the Polynesian for an 8 day stay at the end of august (August 23rd to August 30th). I read recently on this forum about the monorail possibly being closed? Could someone share info they have on this? One of the main reasons I would like to stay at the Polynesian is because of the convenience of the monorail. Thank you!!!

The monorail is on a reduced schedule pretty much year round now. It's been this way for our summer trips the past several years, and I have a feeling it will stay on a reduced schedule until they finally cave in and get a new monorail fleet. Basically on certain days of the week the Epcot line will not start running until 9:00 am, and there are certain days of the week where the express line from the TTC to MK starts up at 9:00 too. Then the express line from TTC to MK will be down from like 11am - 6 or 7 pm many days of the week. The RESORT line, which is the one you will be using from Poly to MK will be up and running during these hours. There will just be some days of the week where it starts at like 8:30 or 9:00 instead of way before MK opening. When we go on our trips and stay at poly we have never had any monorail issues because of the reduced schedule, all of our monorail issues come from it being broken down.

The monorail is on a reduced schedule pretty much year round now. It's been this way for our summer trips the past several years, and I have a feeling it will stay on a reduced schedule until they finally cave in and get a new monorail fleet. Basically on certain days of the week the Epcot line will not start running until 9:00 am, and there are certain days of the week where the express line from the TTC to MK starts up at 9:00 too. Then the express line from TTC to MK will be down from like 11am - 6 or 7 pm many days of the week. The RESORT line, which is the one you will be using from Poly to MK will be up and running during these hours. There will just be some days of the week where it starts at like 8:30 or 9:00 instead of way before MK opening. When we go on our trips and stay at poly we have never had any monorail issues because of the reduced schedule, all of our monorail issues come from it being broken down.

Thank you so much for your response!!! Does the Monorail break down often?

Yes, I understand. We're really planning on skipping the parks altogether on 7/3. Just wondering if MK might empty out after the fireworks and re-open. I was under the impression that I did not have to worry about Epcot closing on 7/4. Some on the boards indicated that I could even head there at dinner time, perhaps entering the back way through World Showcase to have dinner at Tokyo Dining. Is that incorrect? How early should we get there to be safe? We don't care about AK that day - just figured that park would be least crowded.
Wondering about this as well. We will be leaving Epcot after lunch with plans to return for Illuninations after a break and dinner. I thought we'd be ok? Should I reconsider?

Same plan for MK on the 3rd, hit the park early, return for dinner and fireworks. We do have a dinner ADR in the park, but will we be ok?

It's a 40-year-old system. It shows its age often.
Do you believe its still worth staying at the poly? Mainly staying there for the convenience of the monorail, and being able to get back to our room fairly easy (since my 5 year old is autistic). Also, I think the pool looks like a lot of fun, and we have many ADRs at CR and GF.

Do you believe its still worth staying at the poly? Mainly staying there for the convenience of the monorail, and being able to get back to our room fairly easy (since my 5 year old is autistic). Also, I think the pool looks like a lot of fun, and we have many ADRs at CR and GF.

I stayed at the Poly with my nephew who was also autistic initially just because of the monorail, however we loved the pools and the restaurants. The resort itself is magical and relaxing. He especially enjoyed taking the boat back and forth to the MK. I absolutely believe the Poly is still worth a visit regardless of whether monorail is available or not!

I stayed at the Poly with my nephew who was also autistic initially just because of the monorail, however we loved the pools and the restaurants. The resort itself is magical and relaxing. He especially enjoyed taking the boat back and forth to the MK. I absolutely believe the Poly is still worth a visit regardless of whether monorail is available or not!
I really appreciate your response! Thank you :)

Wondering about this as well. We will be leaving Epcot after lunch with plans to return for Illuninations after a break and dinner. I thought we'd be ok? Should I reconsider?

Same plan for MK on the 3rd, hit the park early, return for dinner and fireworks. We do have a dinner ADR in the park, but will we be ok?

We had no issue getting into Epcot last year on 7/4 after 6:00 pm and also had no issue leaving and re-entering MK multiple times on 7/3.

Enjoy! Our family is similar - DH, DD (6, almost 7) and me - and we just did a split stay with 5 nights at AoA followed by 4 nights at the Poly. We loved the Cars suite so much that we weren't sure we really wanted to move to the Poly, but we ended up really happy with the split between the two. The nice thing about the Poly is that the standard rooms have more square footage than standards in most (if not all) other resorts on property, so it really didn't feel much smaller than AoA - though we did miss having two bathrooms. The lava pool, restaurant choices, and monorail access more than made up for that, though, IMO.

Thanks! We're excited to be on the road, headed there now. We are so looking forward to the easy monorail access. We do have reservations at Kona breakfast, O'hana breakfast, and O'hana dinner so we will definitely be enjoying the resort food! Hearing that the rooms feel spacious puts my mind at ease.

Okay my Poly gurus...question time!
On arrival day our plan is to check in early and then head to our first ADR at Ohana for breakfast at 10:30. I then thought I'll take a bag with swim gear and head to the pool just in case our room isn't ready. Since we will actually be checked in, just possibly room-less this early, is that okay or is it frowned upon?

Last edited:
Okay my Poly gurus...question time!
On arrival day our plan is to check in early and then head to our first ADR at Ohana for breakfast at 10:30. I then thought I'll take a bag with swim gear and head to the pool just in case our room isn't ready. Since we will actually be checked in, just possibly room-less this early, is that okay or is it frowned upon?

No one will frown on you for enjoying the pool prior to your room being ready. It's pretty common for people to pack swim gear in a separate bag for check-in/check-out day because rooms often aren't ready until mid to late afternoon! My family always packs swim gear in carry-ons for this exact reason! No worries and enjoy your trip!:thumbsup2

This is what I found.

Operating hours:

• Epcot Beam Overnight Closure: 11:00 PM Sundays - 9:00 AM Mondays,
    11:00 PM Mondays - 9:00 AM Tuesdays

• Express Beam Overnight Closures: 11:30 PM Sundays - 9:30 AM Mondays, 11:30 PM Mondays - 9:30 AM Tuesdays
  • Monorail Shutdown: 11:30 AM - 6:00 PM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Starting 4/12/2016 on Thursdays
  • Resort Beam Overnight Closures: 12:00 AM - 8:30 AM Mondays, 12:00 AM - 8:30 AM Tuesdays

No one will frown on you for enjoying the pool prior to your room being ready. It's pretty common for people to pack swim gear in a separate bag for check-in/check-out day because rooms often aren't ready until mid to late afternoon! My family always packs swim gear in carry-ons for this exact reason! No worries and enjoy your trip!:thumbsup2
Great! Thanks!

Just checked in today for our first stay at the poly. Got off to a vey rough start... Went to blizzard beach this morning and had issue with tickets not being linked to MB's. Dispite everything showing up in MDE, it still took them almost an hour and a half to straighten it out. Not a good way to start things with two small kids chomping at the bit to get in, And frying in the hot sun. Then after that issue straightened out, we had problems with payment privileges on MB's not working. 30 more minutes on the phone with Disney, finally got that straightened out.
Our room is second floor Rarotonga, parking lot/monorail view. Definitely not a desireable view, but fairly convenient location. I really wanted Samoa, but nothing available.
Enjoyed a buetiful sunset tonight and great beaches and cream ice cream sundae for dinner. Hopefully the issues are behind us and I can stop focusing on the poor view from our room and have a great rest of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter