Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch!! God was kind giving me three boys lol!!! Can not imagine what getting ready with teenage daughters is like!!!
I have three daughters and a son. Luckily, the older girls prefer to shower at night, which makes things slightly easier. But they still take a silly long time to get ready. My son is only eight, so with him it's convincing him he should shower because he smells tragically bad. For the last trip we took all together, we stayed in a 2 BR villa at AKV. Having three bathrooms completely spoiled us. I'd love to stay at the Poly with the six of us, but if we split into two rooms, my husband would claim the younger two and I'd have to share a single bathroom with the older girls.

I have three daughters and a son. Luckily, the older girls prefer to shower at night, which makes things slightly easier. But they still take a silly long time to get ready. My son is only eight, so with him it's convincing him he should shower because he smells tragically bad. For the last trip we took all together, we stayed in a 2 BR villa at AKV. Having three bathrooms completely spoiled us. I'd love to stay at the Poly with the six of us, but if we split into two rooms, my husband would claim the younger two and I'd have to share a single bathroom with the older girls.

Aaah, but remember the Poly studios have two bathroom areas, so with two rooms you would actually have 4 showers! Starting to sound better isn't it, hehe.

Aaah, but remember the Poly studios have two bathroom areas, so with two rooms you would actually have 4 showers! Starting to sound better isn't it, hehe.

Hm. I think I forgot that, actually. So now it's a tossup between renting points at BCV or Poly. Renting points is probably a non-starter for the Poly. But if there's a decent deal for renting the studios, I might be able to make that work.

How is Disney about getting you adjourned rooms? We have a big family going and have requested it at the Poly.
I can only speak for my experience, but we did a June trip with 20 people with 5 adjoining rooms in Samoa. Well not all adjoining since I think it's only in pairs.

Really??? That is what we are staying in!! Do the standard view rooms have two bathrooms with showers? This could work to our advantage nicely.

Really??? That is what we are staying in!! Do the standard view rooms have two bathrooms with showers? This could work to our advantage nicely.

All Poly studios, regardless of view, have 2 "bathrooms." The 2nd bathroom is only a shower (very nice one!) and sink, no toilet. But that should help with multiple people getting ready at once.

The regular non-DVC Poly hotel rooms have 1 bathroom.

We are renting points for a studio checking in April 2. DS and I will be coming from AoA and meeting DH there. I'm not sure what time we will leave AoA but I wouldn't mind doing online check in so that we are just texted when the room is ready and will head out from AoA then (if that's possible… please correct me if I'm wrong). The owner was kind enough to make some room requests for us… if they aren't met, I'd like to talk to the front desk and see if they can move me. (My requests are Upper Floor, Tokelau-- of course I'd love one of the rooms that have a partial view of the castle, but I'll happily take anything that meets those 2 requests.) So my question is, if I enter the room and decide to go talk to the front desk, is that a problem that I've entered the room because it's DVC? I swear I remember reading somewhere that they want to charge you a cleaning fee if you do this… but maybe I dreamed it because I've been planning this trip so long. LOL
Yes, if you request a change and they do it, you will be charged a cleaning fee. DVC rules when staying on points.

Yes, if you request a change and they do it, you will be charged a cleaning fee. DVC rules when staying on points.

Thanks!! But I'm ok if I just see the room number and know it's not Tokelau and go ask to be moved without going in the room, right? Thanks!

Was anyone able to grab a summer room discount yesterday? My TA said there were no standard rooms available yesterday morning for the 3rd week in August. They must have either gone very quickly, or there weren't very many.

I checked right away and saw nothing avail. So we switched our rack rate standard room to a garden view at the GF. Then I found an email from earlier this month that has a PIN code that worked at the poly so we've switched BACK and saved about $175!

Thanks!! But I'm ok if I just see the room number and know it's not Tokelau and go ask to be moved without going in the room, right? Thanks!
Right. But they may not be able to move you. DVC units shoot for 98% occupancy. Everyone asks for beach end Tokelau. Not everyone can get it.

Remember that second floor does have patios in the DVC long houses.

Just booked the Poly for May/June!!
This is only the 4th time I've changed the reservation for this trip. Started out at Shades of green. then AoA little mermaid. then upgraded to a Cars suite. and now the Poly!!!
Final Answer??? I hope so.

Congrats on booking the Poly :yay:. We've never stayed at any of the others you mentioned, but the Poly is amazing! Hope you have a great time! :wizard:

How is Disney about getting you adjourned rooms? We have a big family going and have requested it at the Poly.

It's not guaranteed, but Disney is usually very accommodating if what you want is available. Keep in mind that if you aren't assigned any adjoining rooms at check in, you can always ask if some are available :).

I checked right away and saw nothing avail. So we switched our rack rate standard room to a garden view at the GF. Then I found an email from earlier this month that has a PIN code that worked at the poly so we've switched BACK and saved about $175!

Congrats on the pin code and switching back to the Poly! The GF is a great alternative as it's a beautiful resort, but the Poly is amazing, IMO :goodvibes.

Right. But they may not be able to move you. DVC units shoot for 98% occupancy. Everyone asks for beach end Tokelau. Not everyone can get it.

Remember that second floor does have patios in the DVC long houses.

Thanks! I'll be happy as long as it's not the parking lot view, but might as well put in the request. Thanks!

That's great that you got the PIN code! I just checked, and you are right...they still have plenty of GF options at the 30% discount. It sure makes it tempting to switch, but we love the Poly so much! With fewer standard view rooms now that so many have been made dvc, I hope room discounts won't always be harder to come by.

Here is the menu at the New Oasis Pool

Beautiful pool by no means a "quiet pool". It was very busy every day this week. Food/Drink service is very nice.
Nice comfortable cushioned chairs.

Hawaii building supports were finished being painted on the pool side Tuesday.

Attachments

• poly oasis pool menu.jpg
    poly oasis pool menu.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 164

Beautiful pool by no means a "quiet pool". It was very busy every day this week. Food/Drink service is very nice.

It looks like the meals at the oasis pool aren't part of the DDP. That is disappointing. While staying at CSR, I thought I used the DDP credits for food at that pool-side place.

Congrats on the pin code and switching back to the Poly! The GF is a great alternative as it's a beautiful resort, but the Poly is amazing, IMO :goodvibes.

We have not stayed at the Poly in years and are looking forward to coming back. We are only staying one night before a cruise for my DD's hs graduation. She looooves Dole Whips. DH looooves Trader Sams so it's a win for everyone!

Thanks for posting this, menu looks great! Did they have a drink menu posted? I don't mind busy, but were there screaming kids everywhere, or was it more calm and adult-oriented? Is there a gate to make sure everyone there is a Poly guest?

Quiet Pool is a nickname given by the fans. WDW calls non-feature pools Leisure Pools.

Is there only one entrance to each longhouse? I'm wondering where the entrance/stairs to Fiji is, up at the Tovalu end, down at the Aotearoa end or is there an entrance at both ends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter