• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for the replies! With the addition of the expanded facilities at the quiet pool as an option to the main pool, and since I'm intrigued with trying Trader Sams a few times, I'm definitely going to switch the reservation! Thanks again!

We are here now and enjoying our second day relaxing by the new Oasis pool! It is fantastic! While apparently the official opening isn't until the 17th they are open for business! The furniture is comfortable and it's not too over crowded. The pool and deck area seem bigger than the old pool. There is also pool-side service for the bar & grill, with servers who will take your order and bring drinks and food to you. We're actually bummed we'll have to pack up later to head to the parks LOL

Thanks for the update, it sounds amazing! Glad you're having a nice time and are able to enjoy relaxing by the new pool :goodvibes.

Tomorrow marks my 60 days! Trying to keep myself awake enough for FPs tonight, and then I will be doing online check-in tomorrow morning! I am so excited we are so close to staying at the Poly for the first time!! :)

You will be checking in at the Poly before you know it! Hope you got the FPs you wanted :wizard:.

Thanks so much for the replies! With the addition of the expanded facilities at the quiet pool as an option to the main pool, and since I'm intrigued with trying Trader Sams a few times, I'm definitely going to switch the reservation! Thanks again!

You won't regret switching! Enjoy the planning :).

Hi everyone, I'm toying with the idea of switching our reservation to the Poly. The only thing I did not like our last trip to the poly (over 10 years ago) was the pool. The amount of people, chaos, etc. I read they now have a fence, but also read it does not help. This trip is myself and my adult daughter. The pics of the new Oasis pool look great. Will this be a "quiet" pool? That would make all the difference in my decision. Thanks!

Keep in mind that Disney never called this the “quiet pool” and it was just a nick name guests gave it. It was called the East Pool before becoming the Oasis Pool. Nothing designates it as a quiet pool and there are no rules about noise levels. The other pool has always attracted more kids and that made the East Pool less active but I think that might change a little with the new amenities at the Oasis pool. Chances are it will still be less noisy but officially it is not a “quiet pool”.

Officially booked for August 23-30! Will be our first time staying here, kids fell in love with the Poly a LONG time ago though :) My oldest knows, but the younger 2 won't until we just about get there :) Going to try to educate myself over the next few months. We did a DVC tour on our trip in November, which helps a little. I'm super excited! Already have Ohana Breakfast and Dinner booked, as well as Kona breakfast. Just had to share that its official now :):):)

Officially booked for August 23-30! Will be our first time staying here, kids fell in love with the Poly a LONG time ago though :) My oldest knows, but the younger 2 won't until we just about get there :) Going to try to educate myself over the next few months. We did a DVC tour on our trip in November, which helps a little. I'm super excited! Already have Ohana Breakfast and Dinner booked, as well as Kona breakfast. Just had to share that its official now :):):)

We will be there at the same time! Aug 18-Sept 1party:

Last edited:

We are here now and enjoying our second day relaxing by the new Oasis pool! It is fantastic! While apparently the official opening isn't until the 17th they are open for business! The furniture is comfortable and it's not too over crowded. The pool and deck area seem bigger than the old pool. There is also pool-side service for the bar & grill, with servers who will take your order and bring drinks and food to you. We're actually bummed we'll have to pack up later to head to the parks LOL
Poolside service, perfect! Enjoy your stay!

You will be checking in at the Poly before you know it! Hope you got the FPs you wanted :wizard:.

We did! I also did online check in today.. I put down Fiji and balcony in as room requests - that's requesting the 3rd floor right? LOL. I want to make sure I did it right..its been a while! :laughing:

Now to fight myself on packing everything.. this is the hardest part!!

How exciting! The Poly is amazing, you're going to love it! Happy planning :wizard:.

:cool1::banana::cheer2:

We did! I also did online check in today.. I put down Fiji and balcony in as room requests - that's requesting the 3rd floor right? LOL. I want to make sure I did it right..its been a while! :laughing:

Congrats on getting what you wanted :thumbsup2.

I think Fiji has balconies on the 3rd floor only, so you will be on the 3rd floor if that request is met :goodvibes.

What time is breakfast available in cc?

CC's opens at 6:30 am :).

Oasis pool are looks really nice!

I agree ::yes::.

How exciting! The Poly is amazing, you're going to love it! Happy planning :wizard:.

:cool1::banana::cheer2:

Congrats on getting what you wanted :thumbsup2.

I think Fiji has balconies on the 3rd floor only, so you will be on the 3rd floor if that request is met :goodvibes.

What time is breakfast available in cc?

CC's opens at 6:30 am :).

Oasis pool are looks really nice!

I agree ::yes::.

Someone NEEDS to take a picture of the Oasis Bar's menus!

hint
hint

Here they are the last week, but just blank at the time.

wdw3-16%20089.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter