• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a channel at the poly that plays music for the fireworks like there is for BLT?
This question comes up from time to time and I'm pretty sure the answer is no. I have never seen a channel in my stays, although I admit I have not actively looked for one. FWIW as this won't apply to all longhouses, but from CL (Hawaii building) the speakers outside have it cranked up loud - perfect for balcony viewing.

We did the DP for our 2014 trip, and like you, all of our meals were selected primarily on the most expensive. Glad we did it once, but that is it for us! We went the next year for 10 days, and for a family of five (including two teen boys), 11 TS meals, refillable mugs, unlimited snacks AND a three-day stay at a condo in Treasure Island, it only cost us $1700! That is no exaggeration! We kept every recept and were actually floored at our savings! Disney is making a fortune off of it's patrons!

100% agree. After you remove alcohol and gratuity, I think our spend was almost exactly what the DDP would have cost us. HOWEVER, we ate way more snacks and QS meals than would have been included, so that's how I figure we wound up way ahead. We definitely didn't hold back either - we ate what we wanted, when we wanted it.

This is my first post on this thread even though i have been following it for a while. The last two years we have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and absolutely love it. Since there is a massive amount of construction over there, and i have always wanted to stay at Poly i figured this would be a great year to try. So we are booked 5/29 to 6/4. We are hoping for Samoa 3rd fl, so hopefully that happens. I just wanted to thank everyone for the great info on this thread and looking forward to checking out the resort in a few months.

stupid question but how do you use TP to put in a room request?
On your dash board there is a link at the top to request a room. It will take you to a map of the resort and you pick your building, floor, and room. They will send a fax I think a week before your check in date.

We booked our first Deluxe stay too! We have always loved the Poly, and when a good deal came to us, we did the same thing. We love moderate resorts - POFQ is our favorite, but we couldn't pass up the chance to stay at our fav Deluxe! You did exactly what I did after I booked lol. And I'm still asking questions hahaha! Congrats on booking the Poly! :stitch:
We have always loved the poly, but we love to stay 10 days and it was just too expensive. So with a great deal like we got, it was close to our last trip at a mod. We have been saying that we would never go back in September, but all the TA had to say was POLY and we caved.:rotfl: Now we're done, because after staying here, I doubt we will want to go back to moderate.

We have always loved the poly, but we love to stay 10 days and it was just too expensive. So with a great deal like we got, it was close to our last trip at a mod. We have been saying that we would never go back in September, but all the TA had to say was POLY and we caved.:rotfl: Now we're done, because after staying here, I doubt we will want to go back to moderate.

That's my fear too! Hahaha.. I know once we get a taste of the Deluxe life, going back just will not happen.... though... we did stay at Kidani Village (but there were 8 of us for the DVC), and we originally planned to be at POR in a Royal Room. Now we're making our dreams coming true by staying at the Poly AND being on the resort loop.. Hahah there is no turning back now!!

Is there a channel at the poly that plays music for the fireworks like there is for BLT?

I don't think so either, but from our patio on Moorea we could hear the music pretty well from either MK itself or the Hawaii speakers. Not perfect, but good enough to get most of it.

I don't think so either, but from our patio on Moorea we could hear the music pretty well from either MK itself or the Hawaii speakers. Not perfect, but good enough to get most of it.
I don't think so, but they do play the music at the Trader Sam's patio. I love watching Wishes from there! :)

Quick question...How do you get into the pool area? Does your magic band permit entrance or is the gate there only for safety issues?

The other thread on the theme parks about pool hopping had me confused as several were confessing to pool hopping (not looking for the moral debate) however I thought that was now impossible or close to it. I realize it is not "allowed" however that does not stop many people who are good at finding loopholes. So looking to see how it is set up.

Normally I would not pay any attention to that but we are going in the dead heat of summer so if it packed out (with pool hoppers) we might look at water parks? Would rather just enjoy the pool though.

Quick question...How do you get into the pool area? Does your magic band permit entrance or is the gate there only for safety issues?

The other thread on the theme parks about pool hopping had me confused as several were confessing to pool hopping (not looking for the moral debate) however I thought that was now impossible or close to it. I realize it is not "allowed" however that does not stop many people who are good at finding loopholes. So looking to see how it is set up.

Normally I would not pay any attention to that but we are going in the dead heat of summer so if it packed out (with pool hoppers) we might look at water parks? Would rather just enjoy the pool though.

The gate requires a magic band for entrance.

This is my first post on this thread even though i have been following it for a while. The last two years we have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and absolutely love it. Since there is a massive amount of construction over there, and i have always wanted to stay at Poly i figured this would be a great year to try. So we are booked 5/29 to 6/4. We are hoping for Samoa 3rd fl, so hopefully that happens. I just wanted to thank everyone for the great info on this thread and looking forward to checking out the resort in a few months.

Congrats on booking the Poly, you will love it! The WL is one of our favorites, but the Poly is amazing! Hope you will report back after your stay :goodvibes.

I hear ya! Our first onsite stay was at CBR and while we loved everything about it, once we tried a deluxe, we haven't stayed anything else since :rolleyes1.

That's my fear too! Hahaha.. I know once we get a taste of the Deluxe life, going back just will not happen.... though... we did stay at Kidani Village (but there were 8 of us for the DVC), and we originally planned to be at POR in a Royal Room. Now we're making our dreams coming true by staying at the Poly AND being on the resort loop.. Hahah there is no turning back now!!

Being on the monorail is great, IMO. We've stayed in the Epcot area and while we enjoyed the BC, we prefer the monorail. We love being so close to MK and we like the dining options among the monorail resorts. Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

Do all standard rooms have the day bed?

Yes :)

Yes, all the rooms have a daybed or couch or whatever to call it, even mine which was a king room recently, which I thought was unusual. Some of the rooms at the Poly are kings, and I'm guessing they put me in there because I was by myself.

As aaarcher86 mentioned, the gate does require your band to enter. That said, it would be very easy to pool hop there. There is so much traffic in and out of those gates, you could wait 30 seconds for someone to open it and you're in. But, it's definitely not something I'd worry about. People will find a loophole or backdoor for just about anything. Enjoy the pools - they're beautiful.

The gate requires a magic band for entrance.
Yes, PP is correct that if the gate is locked, you need your MB to enter. Unfortunately, however, this does not stop people from leaving the gate unlatched or letting non-resort guests in. :mad:

Almost ready to book for our end of August trip...we have been to the Poly many times, but never stayed there. I'm hearing about construction?? Can someone please let me know what this entails and if it would really affect our visit? I'm torn between choosing AKL or the Poly....we love the animals BUT that monorail will be looking dang good for a mid day break on a 90+ degree day, which is what is making me think the Poly would be best for my family this time around. THANKS :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter