Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're considering a stay at Poly our next time at The World. One of the draws for us is a good view of the fireworks. Is it true they don't play the music on the beach anymore? We ate at Ohana last month during fireworks but no music in there either! Where all can you watch and listen both? TIA

WDW2-16%20435.jpg
WDW2-16%20424.jpg

We're considering a stay at Poly our next time at The World. One of the draws for us is a good view of the fireworks. Is it true they don't play the music on the beach anymore? We ate at Ohana last month during fireworks but no music in there either! Where all can you watch and listen both? TIA

I heard the music at the beach and at 'Ohana in January.

We are staying at the Poly for the first time April 10th-16th. We splurged for CL GV. Since they are doing work on the exterior of GV rooms in Hawaii now, do you think they'll be done with the exterior of the GV rooms by April?

I should have added we were in a garden view room in Moorea (close to Hawaii) and couldn't hear the horns.

It amazes me when I read someone say they can hear those horns, or anything for that matter, once they head to bed each night while Disney vacationing. Once I hit the pillow, I'm out like a light! I swear, in seconds! And this is totally out of the norm for me. I'm an avid bedtime reader, every night - no matter where I am or the reading conditions. But you can take me clear out of the equation when I'm at Disney! I...AM...ZONKED!!! :faint:

I know what you mean about being tired. I will say I could hear the horns faintly as I was falling asleep last summer in my marina facing room in Fiji. But, they never bothered me, and I suspect that's because of how tired I was. Normally every noise bothers me!

Jade, are they taking down the construction fences? We know the pool won't be open when we arrive next week, and are likely to swim at the Lava Pool anyway. But it would be great if those construction fences are gone. Our last Poly stay was for Marathon Weekend 2015 (although we were back to visit in March, June and August to see the progress, shop and eat.) We're really looking forward to a construction-free or low-construction zone!

We are staying at the Poly for the first time April 10th-16th. We splurged for CL GV.

Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

It amazes me when I read someone say they can hear those horns, or anything for that matter, once they head to bed each night while Disney vacationing. Once I hit the pillow, I'm out like a light! I swear, in seconds! And this is totally out of the norm for me. I'm an avid bedtime reader, every night - no matter where I am or the reading conditions. But you can take me clear out of the equation when I'm at Disney! I...AM...ZONKED!!! :faint:

I am a light sleeper so I usually hear everything (especially in hotels), but my DH and boys are ones who don't hear a thing once their heads hit the pillow....lol. With that said, hearing the horns is one thing I don't mind when I'm at Disney :cloud9:.

They also pipe the music in by the pool / patio.
When I was there in September of last year and one the most disappointing things was that I didn't hear music while walking around the resort like in years past. Hopefully that will change when the construction is done. The only music I heard by the pool was by the bar and it wasn't hawaiian and it was drowned out by the activities person.

We've stayed in Moorea twice, once std/garden view for a week, very quiet didn't hear the ferry horns at all. The second time thankfully was only one night lake view we were on the third floor and could hear the horns. I woke up several times because of the ferry horns. I had asked for third floor and we had an awesome view of the MVMCP fireworks. I would not want to stay in a lake view for a week . Too noisy for us.

When I was there in September of last year and one the most disappointing things was that I didn't hear music while walking around the resort like in years past. Hopefully that will change when the construction is done. The only music I heard by the pool was by the bar and it wasn't hawaiian and it was drowned out by the activities person.

So the Poly does not play music all day in the background? That is disappointing to hear. It may be crazy but that is a key element in ambiance. It is why I love POR or walking the hallways of a Disney cruise ship. It sets the mood and just delivers that escape to another place feeling. Honestly I don't care about the wishes soundtrack during fireworks but I want to hear themed music along the main pathways from morning until night. Am I setting myself up for disappointment?

So the Poly does not play music all day in the background? That is disappointing to hear. It may be crazy but that is a key element in ambiance. It is why I love POR or walking the hallways of a Disney cruise ship. It sets the mood and just delivers that escape to another place feeling. Honestly I don't care about the wishes soundtrack during fireworks but I want to hear themed music along the main pathways from morning until night. Am I setting myself up for disappointment?

We heard lots of background music a couple of weeks ago while staying at the Poly. I loved sitting outside on the patio in the morning hearing the soft music and enjoying some coffee.

I believe they turned it off during construction. Most of the major construction is done, so it should be back on.

Don't get me wrong lake view was AWFUL! However I am a light sleeper who suffers from insomnia. The horns woke me up with nightly sleeping pill and ear plugs. Seriously had fantasies in my head of dressing in black and taking a baseball bat to those horns. . However, my request for this year is Tokelau, farthest point from lake. :crazy: We are long time Poly addicts!

I'm getting dizzy but finally can start really planning. Our family outgrew WL standard so I was looking at Poly. Went to reserve and it was a day the computer systems were wonky and they couldn't take ressies. Well, by time I called back the cm insisted I wanted AOA I was irritated and said I'd call back. Called again and Poly was booked. So, went with POR. Pool is currently being renovated so I called back and still no Poly. Changed over to FWL. Okay, kids were excited. Hey, separate bedroom. However, golf cart rental added up. (not mandatory but with kids we need something) So, kept calling and checking online. Low and behold sitting here today, up pops POLY standard. Called and it took forever but finally able to book it. Yipppeeeeee! Kids were so excited about the cabins until I showed them the pool and splash areas. We are so excited. Now, I'd love CL. (wouldn't we all) But so happy to finally get what I've been trying to book for awhile. We will be celebrating our wedding anniversary as well as 20 years together. Looking at the resort, I'm debating not doing the parks everyday just to hang out at the pool.

I'm getting dizzy but finally can start really planning. Our family outgrew WL standard so I was looking at Poly. Went to reserve and it was a day the computer systems were wonky and they couldn't take ressies. Well, by time I called back the cm insisted I wanted AOA I was irritated and said I'd call back. Called again and Poly was booked. So, went with POR. Pool is currently being renovated so I called back and still no Poly. Changed over to FWL. Okay, kids were excited. Hey, separate bedroom. However, golf cart rental added up. (not mandatory but with kids we need something) So, kept calling and checking online. Low and behold sitting here today, up pops POLY standard. Called and it took forever but finally able to book it. Yipppeeeeee! Kids were so excited about the cabins until I showed them the pool and splash areas. We are so excited. Now, I'd love CL. (wouldn't we all) But so happy to finally get what I've been trying to book for awhile. We will be celebrating our wedding anniversary as well as 20 years together. Looking at the resort, I'm debating not doing the parks everyday just to hang out at the pool.

Persistence pays off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter