Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cancelled my Luau (Spirit of Aloha) based on the food reviews and later based in the show (cheesy) instead of just music, dancing in Polynesian flavor. Should I reconsider?

Only 30 days until my trip! That means Magic Bands will be shipping! I still get one for every trip, but I did break down and buy a couple. I bought the villians purple band and I made a custom mickey purple one on my last trip. Can't wait to stay at the Poly. I haven't been there in a while.

I cancelled my Luau (Spirit of Aloha) based on the food reviews and later based in the show (cheesy) instead of just music, dancing in Polynesian flavor. Should I reconsider?

I enjoyed the show and the food. The rest of my family were not impressed with the food. Hubby was so so with the show. I'm glad I did it once. Don't think I'd go again though .

:santa::yay:

We did it once a year and a half ago, when our daughter was working Photopass there and enjoyed it. The food was fine and plentiful. We're doing it again at her request, so that she can enjoy it when we go in 30 days.

Did I mention we're at our 30 day mark? :yay:

Fantastic, I was planning on making a similar video in May

3 Months/90 Days today!!!

You definitely should! You will love this resort!! Your trip will be here before you know it

There was a post in the DVC Miscellaneous Section about recent burglary incidents, 20 cases at Saratoga Springs Resort, many first floor rooms with unlocked sliders/ valuables stolen like electronic devices, phones, etc.:eek: Was in today's Orlando Sentinel. The suspects were apparently apprehended thankfully.::yes:: I remember reading on this thread that guests have requested first floor specifically so they can go "in and out" to patio and lawn areas with ease. I especially recall reading posts with guests with younger children liking these rooms. A good reminder for all of us to properly secure lock on slider doors and secure valuables.::yes::

I used a gorilla tripod by Joby and a scenelapse by Gopole. It's such a beautiful resort I thought was a good idea to do this timelapse video.
Yeah I've got my Gorillapod and just got a time lapse panning timer, can't wait to get filming!

Joining in on the Poly fun!

We booked the magical deal as well and will be arriving 8/20 for 10 nights. I'm so excited because the Poly has always been my dream Disney resort! I've been reading as much as I can on the Tikiman website and have slowly tried to read through all the posts here to get all the info. I think I am going to have a hard time choosing a longhouse. I have a bit of time though!

The Poly is amazing, you're going to love it! August will be here before you know it, but in the meantime, enjoy all of the planning and anticipation :goodvibes.

We are booked at the Poly for late April and have been trying to find updates on the current state of the resort refurb. Can anyone give me a simple idea of what might still be closed or under construction? We're still 3 months out, but just curious. Thanks.

I haven't been following the refurb, but hopefully others will be able to give some information :flower3:.

Less than one month from our Poly stay in a DVC lagoon view. Woo hoo! That is all. :woohoo:

Hope the time goes fast! :yay:

If the spirit of aloha show is cancelled do you get a refund? Going Sat night and right now it's not looking good. Hopefully the weather folks don't know what they're talking about. Thanks! :yay:

I would think if Disney cancels it you would get a refund, but I don't know for sure. Hopefully someone else will be able to give a definite answer :).

It's been awhile since we did the luau, but we enjoyed it. We thought the food was good and while the show was a little cheesy in parts, the fire dancers at the end were amazing! We had a good time and while it's not something we would do every trip, it is something we'd do again :).

Everyone enjoy this Poly timelapse I created during our January trip!

Very nice! Thanks for sharing :goodvibes

Fantastic, I was planning on making a similar video in May

3 Months/90 Days today!!!

May will be here before you know it ::yes::.

Only 30 days until my trip! That means Magic Bands will be shipping! I still get one for every trip, but I did break down and buy a couple. I bought the villians purple band and I made a custom mickey purple one on my last trip. Can't wait to stay at the Poly. I haven't been there in a while.

It won't be long before you're checking into the Poly :cool1:.

Did I mention we're at our 30 day mark? :yay:

Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

The show is in 3 acts. The first 2 acts are cheesy. Not bad, not great. The third act with the dancers and especially the fire dancing makes up for the previous 2. The food is alright nothing fantastic (But I feel this way about 99% of all of DW's restaurants including Ohana and California Grill). It's better than Chef Mickey's though. :)

There was a post in the DVC Miscellaneous Section about recent burglary incidents, 20 cases at Saratoga Springs Resort, many first floor rooms with unlocked sliders/ valuables stolen like electronic devices, phones, etc.:eek: Was in today's Orlando Sentinel. The suspects were apparently apprehended thankfully.::yes:: I remember reading on this thread that guests have requested first floor specifically so they can go "in and out" to patio and lawn areas with ease. I especially recall reading posts with guests with younger children liking these rooms. A good reminder for all of us to properly secure lock on slider doors and secure valuables.::yes::

Ya, I could see me doing just that. Easy access with the ground floor sliding doors. Yikes. Will probably be at POFQ for our next trip so we won't have this issue, but ya, I liked the possible option of the easy access here with a ground floor room. Maybe not now.

Grill

1454514337860.jpg

20160203_154129.jpg

Last edited:
I know room requests are only requests, but what are the things to do that will increase your chances of getting your request? I booked a magical deal, so they put in a request a booking. I belong to touring plans, so can I have them send a room request even though I am booked through an agent? Does WDW still take faxes? I'm looking for everything I can do to increase my chances! :flower:

wow! the pool looks fantastic!! almost done i would think. do we know what those big structures are? are they just shade?

I know room requests are only requests, but what are the things to do that will increase your chances of getting your request? I booked a magical deal, so they put in a request a booking. I belong to touring plans, so can I have them send a room request even though I am booked through an agent? Does WDW still take faxes? I'm looking for everything I can do to increase my chances! :flower:

We didn't book through an agent so I can't comment on that aspect. But we did do the faxed request through touring plans and it worked perfectly. We got the exact room we requested. I know it wasn't a guarantee but since I already belonged to touring plans, I had nothing to lose by trying.

wow! the pool looks fantastic!! almost done i would think. do we know what those big structures are? are they just shade?

Before the refurb they had covered shaded areas similar to that with tables and chairs, almost like a poor man's cabana. Perfect for us! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter