Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi- our family is considering a stay the Poly during the last week of October (myself, wife, 4 yr old daughter and 15 month old son). We are between a Standard View room or a Deluxe Studio Villa with a Standard View. What's the major differences between the two rooms, if any ? Our preference would be to be close to the monorail and pool- any suggestions as to which building would be preferable? Thanks

Hi- our family is considering a stay the Poly during the last week of October (myself, wife, 4 yr old daughter and 15 month old son). We are between a Standard View room or a Deluxe Studio Villa with a Standard View. What's the major differences between the two rooms, if any ? Our preference would be to be close to the monorail and pool- any suggestions as to which building would be preferable? Thanks

I can speak for the villas and they are really nice. 2 bathrooms and a mini kitchen. You get 1 queen bed, a pull out couch and twin size pull down bed from the tv. However they are the 3 buildings over by the TTC. So none are close to the main pool but the new oasis pool should be done by then and that's very close and looks like it will be very nice. However you are not that far from anything. We were in the furthest room from the ceremonial house in Pago Pago. It took us maybe 5 minutes to get to the main pool or the main lobby. Also you are really close to the TTC So that's a benefit when going to EP

Is there anywhere that summarizes the current construction activities at the Polynesian or can anyone who has stayed recently provide an update?

Is there anywhere that summarizes the current construction activities at the Polynesian or can anyone who has stayed recently provide an update?

Currently they are working on the Oasis pool, which a CM told me is scheduled to reopen in April. Of course construction timelines are always fluid. They are also currently working on replacing support posts on the exterior of the non DVC longhouses. I don't know of any other "major" stuff coming up, but Disney doesn't usually announce stuff until right before it starts. The GCH was just redone, the Lava pool and Trader Sam's area, DVC, several walkways, etc. I can't imagine any upcoming scheduled work would be anything major within the next several months.

Thanks for the info! I think I can pretty much stop worrying about room request. I think by this summer most of the work will be finished! Makes me want to DANCE!:dance3:

Thanks for the info! I think I can pretty much stop worrying about room request. I think by this summer most of the work will be finished! Makes me want to DANCE!:dance3:

We are doing a split stay in April, 3 nights Poly CL and 3 nights CR TPV, and we can't wait. This is our first time staying at either resort and trying club level for the first time. Any tips?

You can also get updates on Tikiman's site - he keeps the construction info current there.

But yes, summer should be (hopefully) construction free!

I have a quick question about staying in a Club Level room at the Poly. After check-out at 11:00AM, are we still allowed to use the lounge later on that same day? We have an evening flight, and I was wondering if we could still enjoy the lounge amenities after going to the park and before leaving for MCO. I believe we can still have our car parked in the Poly's lot until we leave, right? Thank you!

I have a quick question about staying in a Club Level room at the Poly. After check-out at 11:00AM, are we still allowed to use the lounge later on that same day? We have an evening flight, and I was wondering if we could still enjoy the lounge amenities after going to the park and before leaving for MCO. I believe we can still have our car parked in the Poly's lot until we leave, right? Thank you!
Yep, should have access all day. It's a nice perk for late flights.

We can't wait until our first stay at the Poly! Trying to plan our pool day- does the Poly have cabanas for rent similar to the GF? If so, do they have half day rental options?

We can't wait until our first stay at the Poly! Trying to plan our pool day- does the Poly have cabanas for rent similar to the GF? If so, do they have half day rental options?
There are currently no cabanas at the Poly.

Last year during our first Poly stay, we were in a studio villa. Loved the beautiful new decor! :love: In August, we'll be staying in a standard room. I've heard some people mention the poor upkeep of some of the rooms. I thought the interior renovations of all of the longhouses were relatively recent. So why would some of the rooms be in bad shape? I don't want to be disappointed. :sad2: We were thinking either Fiji, marina side, or Samoa, quiet pool side. How do these rooms hold up with regard to which rooms were renovated first/last? Does any other longhouse score higher points?

Last year during our first Poly stay, we were in a studio villa. Loved the beautiful new decor! :love: In August, we'll be staying in a standard room. I've heard some people mention the poor upkeep of some of the rooms. I thought the interior renovations of all of the longhouses were relatively recent. So why would some of the rooms be in bad shape? I don't want to be disappointed. :sad2: We were thinking either Fiji, marina side, or Samoa, quiet pool side. How do these rooms hold up with regard to which rooms were renovated first/last? Does any other longhouse score higher points?

I'm sure someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong but the last room renovation was a few years ago. Maybe 2012 or 2013? We stayed in Samoa this summer, and I'm not gonna lie, our room had seen better days. On the bright side it was clean, really clean.

We stayed in June and found that our room had a musty odor and we changed rooms. Aside from that the room was clean and well kept. We stayed in Hawaii building. I did feel that the hallways and elevators needed some TLC though. Not sure about when all the renovations were finished. I'm sure someone on here knows the answer to that. Have a great trip.

The DVC side (studio villas) rooms are all brand new within the last year. It's been a number of years since the non-DVC longhouses have been renovated from what I have seen and read, I'm sure someone can say exactly, but it pre-dates the major construction/renovations of the last few years (GCH, pool, etc). In my experience my rooms (all Hawaii CL) have been clean and well kept, but beginning to show their age just a touch from the abuse thousands of families put on a room each year. Not in an offensive way, just perhaps on the back half of a room decor's typical useful life.

The DVC side (studio villas) rooms are all brand new within the last year. It's been a number of years since the non-DVC longhouses have been renovated from what I have seen and read, I'm sure someone can say exactly, but it pre-dates the major construction/renovations of the last few years (GCH, pool, etc). In my experience my rooms (all Hawaii CL) have been clean and well kept, but beginning to show their age just a touch from the abuse thousands of families put on a room each year. Not in an offensive way, just perhaps on the back half of a room decor's typical useful life.
Yes you are right. Last year we stayed in June and in August. Both rooms were beautiful and very clean but showing signs of wear and tear. It's just what happens when lots of people stay. This is probably why they renovate the rooms every 5 years. Again they were super clean and we loved staying there! It's a beautiful resort and the atmosphere can not be beat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter