Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to chime in and agree! I love reading all your positive posts @mickeynut1 ! It's like you're the goodwill ambassador of the Poly thread! It's really great! :cheer2:

Haha! So true!!! ::yes::

Awww, thanks :blush:....you both are so nice! :goodvibes

One more first time Poly guest question - I have been searching the boards here, and checking the Disney website for 'Ohana breakfast - not trying to coordinate an ADR, just wondering if anyone had luck asking the concierge when they check-in? Thanks all! Love this thread!

I've never tried concierge and although they don't have any "pull" for getting ADRs, it wouldn't hurt to try ;).

The only way to guarantee a balcony--or patio, if first floor--would be to book a DVC unit. Probably also guaranteed with a suite, though I'm not sure about that. You can book DVC studios through Disney, though they are pricey and I don't think I've ever seen them discounted when the regular resort rooms are discounted. Or you can save money by renting points from a DVC member (not something I've done before, but there's a lot of info about this in the DVC forums here).

Please forgive my ignorance, and old-brain recall issues after trying to keep up with the volumes of great information here. I've stayed at The Poly before in a first floor, MK-view, with a patio...and no current recollection of which building. I have reservations for two of the new Studio rooms in November, and am wondering if I understand this correctly. I believe (from what I've read) that all Studio rooms are considered "DVC"...so this means that all new Studios have either patios or balconies?

:rolleyes2 Thank you!

I stayed in Pago Pago and only the 1st and 3rd floor have full balcony. The entire building is studios.

Does anyone know what the online check-in options are for the DVC studios? Thanks!

Did anyone else see the latest Oasis pool construction photo on tikiman's FB page and get all excited that the pool was paved? :-)

31 days till my FIRST stay at the POLY! This is our third trip. We are taking my mom as a birthday present to her, its her first trip. I requested our rooms be close to each other, and the FIGI building upper floor...crossing my fingers... i saw some fax info in? How do you do that? Is it better than online check in?

I actually had Ohana dinner booked, but canxed it. We did it all our other trips, and I wanted something new so we booked Hoop de doo instead ( my mom will love it)

thanks to all who post this great info!

Does anyone know what the online check-in options are for the DVC studios? Thanks!

Did anyone else see the latest Oasis pool construction photo on tikiman's FB page and get all excited that the pool was paved? :-)

The only options I got was high floor and close to elevators. :/ I will need to go look at tikiman's page!

Floor and near elevator. Kinda disappointing, right?

31 days till my FIRST stay at the POLY! This is our third trip. We are taking my mom as a birthday present to her, its her first trip. I requested our rooms be close to each other, and the FIGI building upper floor...crossing my fingers... i saw some fax info in? How do you do that? Is it better than online check in?

I actually had Ohana dinner booked, but canxed it. We did it all our other trips, and I wanted something new so we booked Hoop de doo instead ( my mom will love it)

Your darling mom will love you even MORE for this! :flower1: (Is that possible? ;))

You can either put in your requests with your initial reservation, your online checkin or a fax, just 4 days before you check in. To fax, send it to the attention of the "room assigner", direct to the Poly. (The timing of the fax is IMPORTANT!)

FYI...I did all three! And both times got what I wanted. :banana: (To be specific, the second time, I had Touring Plans fax for me...are you a member?) Regardless, my thought is "keeps everyone on their toes" :rotfl:Why not, right?

Good luck!

You can either put in your requests with your initial reservation, your online checkin or a fax, just 4 days before you check in. To fax, send it to the attention of the "room assigner", direct to the Poly. (The timing of the fax is IMPORTANT!)

We are renting points from a DVC owner. I asked her to make a special request when she made the reservation. Will I also be able to fax our request 4 days before arrival?

We are renting points from a DVC owner. I asked her to make a special request when she made the reservation. Will I also be able to fax our request 4 days before arrival?

No, on DVC rentals all requests have to go through the member. When you actually get there and check in, you could always ask if they have something different if you don't like the room they give you. You might not have any luck, but it doesn't hurt to try.

No, on DVC rentals all requests have to go through the member. When you actually get there and check in, you could always ask if they have something different if you don't like the room they give you. You might not have any luck, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Do we still get do online checkin if renting points?

Please forgive my ignorance, and old-brain recall issues after trying to keep up with the volumes of great information here. I've stayed at The Poly before in a first floor, MK-view, with a patio...and no current recollection of which building. I have reservations for two of the new Studio rooms in November, and am wondering if I understand this correctly. I believe (from what I've read) that all Studio rooms are considered "DVC"...so this means that all new Studios have either patios or balconies?

:rolleyes2 Thank you!

Yes, you have that right. "Studios" and "bungalows" are DVC rooms, and all of them have either a patio or balcony. So unless someone is misusing the term "studio" to describe a regular hotel room, you should be guaranteed an outdoor space with your room.

At the poly now. So far I love it. Went to Ohana, didn't like it, way too loud for me and they were rushing me out. I was still eating my dinner when they brought out the dessert on the table. I love the kona cafe. I think it is underrated.

Captain cooks is not nearly as bad as it seemed like it would be. I get my food within 5 minutes usually.

Will follow up once the trip is completed too.

I was there 3 weeks ago and it was opened until 11. Even the sign on the gate stated 11. Do they have multiple signs ?? !!

The pool hours change with the season. During our July trip, the pool was open until 11pm.

To reply to multiple posts, you click "+Quote" in the lower right corner of those posts you wish to quote. Then, underneath the reply window (that you type your reply in), click on "insert Quotes" A window opens showing all the quotes you are replying to. Click on "Quote These Messages" in the lower right corner. Then all the quotes will show up in the reply window.

You can then click your cursor at the end of each quote to reply to that one. Or you can just click the cursor at the end of all quotes if you are making one reply for everyone.

You will be checking into the Poly before you know it :banana::banana:. I hope you get all of your requests met :wizard:.

Finally made my first Poly Reservation!!!! So excited!!!:yay: Sept 2016:flower2:

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay, you're going to love it :goodvibes.

Yes, you have that right. "Studios" and "bungalows" are DVC rooms, and all of them have either a patio or balcony. So unless someone is misusing the term "studio" to describe a regular hotel room, you should be guaranteed an outdoor space with your room.
Thank you, so much, for the clarification! I booked directly with Disney way back in February or March when the new Studios first came online, and "studio" is what my reservations say. I'll be happy to have the outdoor space for morning coffee, and evening relaxation, but really just cannot wait to be there, period!

Mahalo, and Aloha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter