Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came back from 10 days at the Poly. Loved it. We were there from June 12 through June 21. I saw lit tiki torches when I was there. My daughters (13 and 7) loved the pool. I don't have one negative comment. By the way, we were in a standard room at Aotearoa. Could see the monorail, the marina and the pool from our balcony on the 3rd floor.
What was your room number? We are going to September and I am thinking about requesting Aotearoa so my kids can sit and watch the monorail.

Thanks

Did anyone use the pulldown bed? I would really like to know if it's a childs bed or an adult size. I have asked Disney they say for an adult and what I have researched says adult but you get the random child sized report as well.
I've posted this before, but this is my DD9 stretched out on one. This trip my DS15 (who is 6 ft) slept on it just fine.

Here was the room we moved to try and get away from the noise (didn't work, for all of you light sleepers - I did try ear plugs and sleeping pills one night and that didn't work) Moorea 2023:

Straight:

Right:

Left:

Panoramic:

Night (sorry not the best shot, since my camera broke on this trip too):

Thanks for the report. Remember that the “Quiet Pool” is not the official name of the East pool so there are no rules about the level of noise at that pool. Also I think people need to be aware of the Ferry horns but I still think for some these are great rooms to stay in. I personally have been in these rooms in the past and never had a problem with the ferry horn. I was even in one towards the end closest to the TTC.

I just spoke to him and he said he doesn’t remember having a conversation about the cabanas.

At this point they are not sure if they are coming back or not. It is possible they are going to be done at a later date than originally scheduled. I believe they might be putting some in the design of the new Oasis pool.

I’m glad you enjoyed the new pool area.

Thanks! It was a quick question to him and I tried to emphasize in the comment that they were not coming back at this time ("as of now"). No biggie - you never know with Disney.

As noted, I am a light sleeper and as I agree this is a great location with a great view the ferry horns were very noticable. However, my two heavy sleepers did not notice them and were not awaken by them. I would not have booked a lake view if I knew how bad they were going to be. In April, my DD9 and I were in Moorea, standard view and close to Tokelau side and didn't hear them at all.

Last edited:
If you can see the monorail from your room (or you are close to the monorail) can you hear it from the room? Just wondering if the noise is a problem.

Thanks! It was a quick question to Steve and I tried to emphasize in the comment that they were not coming back at this time ("as of now"). No biggie - you never know with Disney.

As noted, I am a light sleeper and as I agree this is a great location with a great view the ferry horns were very noticable. However, my two heavy sleepers did not notice them and were not awaken by them. I would not have booked a lake view if I knew how bad they were going to be. In April, my DD9 and I were in Moorea, standard view and close to Tokelau side and didn't hear them at all.

Even if I do not see the horns as a problem I still have it listed as a "CON" on my longhouse page because I realize it can affect some. Personally I can’t ever even remember hearing it unless I was outside. I’m sure if I listened for it I would hear it. I think it is just important for people to know this is nothing new and people have been enjoying these rooms since 1985 but it definitely is something to be aware of.

We also just returned from 10 days at the Poly from June 11 to the 20th. This was our 8th stay at the Poly (latest was April 2015 for me and DD9). The good...pool was great, food was great, room view spectacular! The bad...pool hoppers (no one does anything - gates don't work, meaning they are unlocked a lot of the time and there is no one checking bands)(yes I complained to a couple of CMs), wait time when ordering at CC (20 minutes one slow morning from payment to getting food), resort is getting busier and louder, even the people at the quiet pool didn't get the concept; the ugly....I'm going to dress in a black ninja outfit and grab a baseball bat to take out those flippin ferry boat horns! We are DVC and treated ourselves to a lake view. Those horns go off 24/7 if MK is open late because the transportation runs for at least an hour after park closes. So until at least 3 am and then they start back up at 5 am testing the flippin horns again! We moved once to our "only other option" and that didn't help much. The resort was packed and they didn't have anywhere else they could send us....busy, busy, busy. We were in Moorea 3035 and then 2023. I did not sleep well the entire trip and ended up getting bronchitis.

We will take a break from the Poly next year and we will never again do a DVC lake view. All in all we were at Disney and still left with smiles on our faces!

Thank goodness the "bad" didn't ruin your trip, as sleeping (or lack thereof) can surely do that! (2023 was no better at all?) I'm hoping GV will have more of a buffer zone for those "flippin" ;) ferry horns. I've also requested the end closest to GCH. It is what it is at the end of the day I suppose, so keeping my fingers crossed. :shamrock:

Glad you didn't take the bat... :thumbsup2

Last edited:
By the way here is the view of Moorea 3035:
Straight:

Right:

Left:

Night (Sorry, not the best quality but my camera broke on the trip too):

Yikes! If that's the ferry on your right view then I can see why you could hear the horns! I'm a sound sleeper so won't bother me a bit. My husband, although he's a light sleeper, grew up close to the ocean and says he will appreciate the horns. I'll be sure to update you all after the trip.

1971DBday - stunning pics! Thank you. :worship:

If you can see the monorail from your room (or you are close to the monorail) can you hear it from the room? Just wondering if the noise is a problem.

Not a problem at all. It is just a slight whooshing sound. They aren't loud. At least that was my experience with 2 stays in Rarotonga on the monorail side. We loved it! It's pretty silent. You just see it gliding by...

1971DBday - stunning pics! Thank you. :worship:

Not a problem at all. It is just a slight whooshing sound. They aren't loud. At least that was my experience with 2 stays in Rarotonga on the monorail side. We loved it! It's pretty silent. You just see it gliding by...
Can you hear the automated PA message? Please stand clear of the door...

That would be awesome

We also just returned from 10 days at the Poly from June 11 to the 20th. This was our 8th stay at the Poly (latest was April 2015 for me and DD9). The good...pool was great, food was great, room view spectacular! The bad...pool hoppers (no one does anything - gates don't work, meaning they are unlocked a lot of the time and there is no one checking bands)(yes I complained to a couple of CMs), wait time when ordering at CC (20 minutes one slow morning from payment to getting food), resort is getting busier and louder, even the people at the quiet pool didn't get the concept; the ugly....I'm going to dress in a black ninja outfit and grab a baseball bat to take out those flippin ferry boat horns! We are DVC and treated ourselves to a lake view. Those horns go off 24/7 if MK is open late because the transportation runs for at least an hour after park closes. So until at least 3 am and then they start back up at 5 am testing the flippin horns again! We moved once to our "only other option" and that didn't help much. The resort was packed and they didn't have anywhere else they could send us....busy, busy, busy. We were in Moorea 3035 and then 2023. I did not sleep well the entire trip and ended up getting bronchitis.

We will take a break from the Poly next year and we will never again do a DVC lake view. All in all we were at Disney and still left with smiles on our faces!

Im glad you had a nice trip. I was just ralking to a coworker about "the bad" this morning. Our last trip to the Poly in 2010 was literally to be my last. After listening to the crowds at the pool, in the lobby waiting for dining, all around the resort etc..I was looking for some quiety We went to the pool late morning and by noon decided just to get quick service for lunch. We went to captain cooks and it was a mob scene. I suggested we hop the monorail to the contemporary and get something at Contempo. We were the only ones there! Nice and quiet throughout that resort. I vowed to go back there the next time. Long story involving other family members, Im booked for the Poly this year. Disappointed because I really liked the quiet of the Contemporary. Well...fast forward 10 months and the other family members bailed on our trip. I tried to book CR, but only suites were now available. I also tried to change dates to October (SIL could only go in September), but nothing except club level available at the Poly. So.........hearing about the new gates made me a tiny bit happy! This time I might actually get a chair by the pool, but now Im sad again reading the gates rarely work and nobody does anything about it.

1971DBDAY...THANKS for posting the BEAUTIFUL PICS!:cheer2::thumbsup2 Have read about Moorea and the fact that some lighter sleepers may have an issue with the horn noise! :scared1: Disappointed to hear about the lack of "control" at the pool. Why put up gates then?:confused3:eek:>:(
On the subject of longhouses, anyone hear anything more about predicted opening of Tokelau? TIA for any info!:goodvibes

Disappointed to hear about the lack of "control" at the pool. Why put up gates then?:confused3:eek:>:(

They had to due to somewhat new state regulations. Any new pool has to have a fence around it. And any time WDW refurbishes an existing pool, they have to put a fence around it.

image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg Staying in Moorea Room 2011 -- wasn't our first choice (Fiji always is) -- but very happy. It's a bit further from GCH, but closer to TTC and buses. It's a standard (garden) view room. The only sign of construction here is the scrim in front of Tangaroa Terrace (?). We did see scaffolding on the marina end of Tuvalu and there are some cherry pickers behind Samoa. Other than that the resort looks GREAT.

Pics are looking left, straight then right.

Does anyone know if the only online checkin requests for a studio villa are upper/lower floor

Thank goodness the "bad" didn't ruin your trip, as sleeping (or lack thereof) can surely do that! (2023 was no better at all?) I'm hoping GV will have more of a buffer zone for those "flippin" ;) ferry horns. I've also requested the end closest to GCH. It is what it is at the end of the day I suppose, so keeping my fingers crossed. :shamrock:

Glad you didn't take the bat... :thumbsup2
2023 was a little better, but for us light sleepers we were still being woken up.

Can you hear the automated PA message? Please stand clear of the door...

That would be awesome
No, but when I was woken one morning I went out on the balcony and could hear the ferry crew blasting their music and yelling back and forth to each other. :crazy:

1971DBDAY...THANKS for posting the BEAUTIFUL PICS!:cheer2::thumbsup2 Have read about Moorea and the fact that some lighter sleepers may have an issue with the horn noise! :scared1: Disappointed to hear about the lack of "control" at the pool. Why put up gates then?:confused3:eek:>:(
On the subject of longhouses, anyone hear anything more about predicted opening of Tokelau? TIA for any info!:goodvibes
Tokelau was looking pretty much done when we left on the 21st but I'm sure they are still working on a punch list. They were really moving fast, probably trying to have everything ready for the fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter