Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for help for a room request. I have clients staying in a garden view club level room in the Hawaii building in early June. They are very concerned about the East Pool construction. Is there a garden view club level room that does not face the East pool? What request should I make that will minimize construction for my clients? Thanks for your help!

Unfortunately no. The other side of Hawaii is all Lagoon and Theme Park View.

Looking for help for a room request. I have clients staying in a garden view club level room in the Hawaii building in early June. They are very concerned about the East Pool construction. Is there a garden view club level room that does not face the East pool? What request should I make that will minimize construction for my clients? Thanks for your help!
according to tikiman's site this is what he says about the Hawaii longhouse: Update 2015: Some of the rooms on the lagoon side that were converted over to garden view on the ground level were switched back to Lagoon view in 2015 after the construction walls came down March 31.
So it sounds to me like all garden view are on the side facing the east pool. :( I assume you are a TA. It may be worth trying to call someone at Disney (even though we all know they can give out unreliable info at times) to see if they plan on closing that side of Hawaii down during construction which would mean everyone booked GV CL would be getting "upgraded" to theme park or lagoon view. Or I wonder what the chance will be if they shut down that side of Hawaii that they just move people to GV rooms in other longhouses, or even DVC studios but still give them access to the CL lounge in Hawaii??? I wonder if that's ever happened? Sorry to answer your question with a question but there are so many unknowns right now.

I have a question about the pool: are annual pass holders allowed to use any of the resort pools? When we were at the GF last June, there was a large group of them using the pool with a paying guest ( we were next to them, I could hear them talking). They were taking up a TON of room. I wasn't overly worked up about it, just curious now that I'm seeing all the questions about the pool...

Well, it didn't work for us those 2 times, sometimes it does! But we didn't persue it either. If at check in you see your rooms aren't in the same building you can ask CM if they could find rooms together.
Some resorts do a better job of getting your requests then others. Both POR resorts do the best job. When we stay there we always get our requests.
Our last stay at Poly (2010!) we did get all requests. Hoping we do this time too!
yes! When you check in, check in together and ask for rooms in the same building. They might allow you to wait until 2 rooms in the same building are clean and available.

I'm going to be optimistic about our August stay! Dirty room can happen at any resort. Shouldn't, but does. Last year at another resort we checked into a dirty room. Mouse keeper mistake, and didn't understand room was being turned over, so just did the clean for returning guest. I was given another room. Duty manager was awesome.

We are also trying to remain optimistic about our August stay. A friend of mine just returned from the Poly over the weekend (she and her family were there last week). They stayed CL but had a TPV and said everything was amazing which was great to hear. Mind you, we are booked GV CL but I'm still hoping for the best :).

I must be the only one looking for a better experience than the GF. We stayed there last year and had a terrible experience. Rude CM's, dirty rooms, very late room cleanings (5pm one day). We wished we had stayed at the WL again. Just not a good time. I'll take the construction!

You aren't the only one! We stayed at the GF last August for the first time and encountered all the issues you list above and much worse...we came away not impressed at all.

My extended family is staying at the Poly in July. I reserved two standard rooms and the only thing I would like to request is that both rooms be in the same building. I don't care if they are connecting or adjoining. Are our chances good considering I made the reservations and they are linked together? Thanks for your help!
Disney uses the terms "connecting" and "adjoining" to mean two different things. You should call and add the request for "adjoining" rooms, which just means they are near each other, but not actually "connecting" (with the shared door inside). It's still possible you won't get adjoining (near each other) rooms, but that is the way to request what you are looking for.

Disney uses the terms "connecting" and "adjoining" to mean two different things. You should call and add the request for "adjoining" rooms, which just means they are near each other, but not actually "connecting" (with the shared door inside). It's still possible you won't get adjoining (near each other) rooms, but that is the way to request what you are looking for.

Good to know - thank you!

Aloha!

We are going to be staying at the Poly in less than three weeks... SO EXCITED!!! Our airline arrival and departures were changed from the original booking to some not so great times :guilty:, but rather than shortening our stay by traveling on different days, we are just going to make the best of it.

We will be arriving at the Poly in the wee hours of the morning... flight arrives in ORD at 12:22 a.m...... We'll then arrive by Magical Express at O - Dark -Thirty. I have completed as much of the online check-in as I could, but I am wondering what to expect upon arrival and if there is any advance planning that I need to be thinking of. We are a party of four - with two boys - ages 11 and 7, who I suspect will either be wired for sound or grumpy zombies by that point...

Has anyone ever experienced this? I'm expecting that we won't be greeted with leis in the middle of the night. Wonder if we could come back and get them later??

Our flight out is similarly tough as we fly out at 8:20 a.m. so we will need to check out and leave the Poly again in the wee hours of the morning. OH My!!! We are glutton's for punishment, but my only alternative was to fly out a day in advance of when we wanted to... boo! I'm sure the rest of our trip will be magical. :)

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!

We are also trying to remain optimistic about our August stay. A friend of mine just returned from the Poly over the weekend (she and her family were there last week). They stayed CL but had a TPV and said everything was amazing which was great to hear. Mind you, we are booked GV CL but I'm still hoping for the best :).

You aren't the only one! We stayed at the GF last August for the first time and encountered all the issues you list above and much worse...we came away not impressed at all.
Too bad I think we miss you by a couple of days. I'll be looking forward to hearing your experience. You depart on 20th?
It's so strange how people can get the total opposite experience during the same time frame and same resort. We had a wonderful experience at GF, couldn't have been better. So odd how that happens. I hope both you and vcb have better experiences this time.

I get it. Requests mean so much. I would only hope that CMs are trained to make magic happen for their guests. Here's my situation...my brother and his family, who I haven't seen in 5 years, will be at CBR for first 4 days at the Poly. (Unfortunately we couldn't coordinate) We have never vacationed together because I see him only every so often over the years when I visit "back home". It makes me really sad to know that they may not be able to meet with us at the pool at the Poly. They visit Disney often, we don't. They stay value or moderate, us deluxe. Are there empathetic CMs that might allow them to stay at the pool with us? Thoughts anyone?
Yeah, I empathize with you. My daughter and grandchildren could not get into the same resort as me. I would like to hang out with them, naturally, but there is so much talk about pool hopping and magic bands being checked to be sure you are actually staying at that particular resort. I don't know what to say. I guess we will just have to meet for meals and at the parks. It would be nice to hang out together though. How do people feel about this kind of issue? Would love some feedback.

I need help figuring out a room request. We are going in August and are complete newbies to POLY. I have two main priorities when it comes to room requests. (1) I want to limit walking in the August heat-not sure how my family will do in the humidity. So closer, to transportation and food, would be better (2) we are unable to get to WDW often and have never stayed in a Deluxe, so I want our stay to be MAGICAL in spite of the remodeling going on- as magical as possible, that is.

I have done research but am unsure exactly HOW impactful the construction will be and I know some pathways are closed because of it. I have pored over maps and tried to look at photos but I still don't have a good feel for things.

What Room request would you suggest? We have 2 Standard rooms (preferably queen beds).

I need help figuring out a room request. We are going in August and are complete newbies to POLY. I have two main priorities when it comes to room requests. (1) I want to limit walking in the August heat-not sure how my family will do in the humidity. So closer, to transportation and food, would be better (2) we are unable to get to WDW often and have never stayed in a Deluxe, so I want our stay to be MAGICAL in spite of the remodeling going on- as magical as possible, that is.

I have done research but am unsure exactly HOW impactful the construction will be and I know some pathways are closed because of it. I have pored over maps and tried to look at photos but I still don't have a good feel for things.

What Room request would you suggest? We have 2 Standard rooms (preferably queen beds).
I would choose Samoa, Lava pool side, if you can get it.

We have kind of the same thing! Going labor day week and also first time staying there! I was considering Rarotonga or Fiji since they both seem pretty close to GCH (Rarotonga also close to the bus stop and closer to TTC) BUT one side of Rarotonga will face the east pool which is why I was leaning towards Fiji too.... It is hard!!

Too bad I think we miss you by a couple of days. I'll be looking forward to hearing your experience. You depart on 20th?
It's so strange how people can get the total opposite experience during the same time frame and same resort. We had a wonderful experience at GF, couldn't have been better. So odd how that happens. I hope both you and vcb have better experiences this time.

We will be departing the 20th, sadly. We'll actually be in the world starting on the 12th though, staying at CR and then moving over to the Poly on the 14th and despite the construction, everyone in my family is super excited for our first Poly stay especially my youngest DD who will be taking her senior photos there! Too bad we will miss each other...would have been nice to meet you!

As for the GF...don't get me wrong, we still managed to have a great vacation despite of all the negatives. GF is a beautiful resort and it was on our "must try" list and we have no regrets...just wish the manager on duty had tried to resolve them rather than offer to "buy us dinner" :sad2:. In any case, we definitely plan to give GF another go but I think when we do, we will try CL there next time.

I have a question about the pool: are annual pass holders allowed to use any of the resort pools? When we were at the GF last June, there was a large group of them using the pool with a paying guest ( we were next to them, I could hear them talking). They were taking up a TON of room. I wasn't overly worked up about it, just curious now that I'm seeing all the questions about the pool...

Only if they're a guest of the Poly. Or possibly if they are a DVC owner.

Actually The Poly is one of the excluded pools for DVC member pool hopping (along with BC, AKL, BLT, and AOA) so unless people are sneaking in it should only be Poly guests

Our stay at the GF last August was great too! Can't say enough good about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter