Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a missed room cleaning can happen at any resort. Overall, I think Disney does a wonderful job keeping things clean and looking nice. I also think they strive to make it right when they mess up.

I must be the only one looking for a better experience than the GF. We stayed there last year and had a terrible experience. Rude CM's, dirty rooms, very late room cleanings (5pm one day). We wished we had stayed at the WL again. Just not a good time. I'll take the construction!
We had the exact opposite experience at GF last Aug. wonderful CMs, room was always cleaned well. W
You can call housekeeping and request cleaning times, morning or afternoon..

We've chosen the Poly for our upcoming family trip Sept. 2016. Now I just have to figure out how to go about booking it and when I'll be allowed to! This will only be our 2nd family trip across the country ever, and I'm so eager to get it underway! :)

It's a long way out but planning is half the fun! Stay on the forums and you'll stay connected to everyone who's planning!! :banana: I love the planning !!!! :surfweb:

Oh, and did I tell you I love the planning??? :cloud9:

Last edited:
My extended family is staying at the Poly in July. I reserved two standard rooms and the only thing I would like to request is that both rooms be in the same building. I don't care if they are connecting or adjoining. Are our chances good considering I made the reservations and they are linked together? Thanks for your help!

My extended family is staying at the Poly in July. I reserved two standard rooms and the only thing I would like to request is that both rooms be in the same building. I don't care if they are connecting or adjoining. Are our chances good considering I made the reservations and they are linked together? Thanks for your help!

It's hard to say as it is completely dependent on occupancy and other guests requests. Can't predict those. But making that your only request gives you the best shot.

I meet up with a friend at WDW, we plan our trips to have overlapping times. Last 2 trips at 2 different resorts we didn't get rooms near each other! Our res were linked We did arrive on different dates. At YC our rooms were on opposite sides of resort, and at GF in different buildings :rolleyes:. Wasn't a huge deal though. In the mornings we'd arrange to meet either in lobby or food court. And there is the phone if we wanted something.

For those of you that recently went to the poly, how is the noise with the construction? I like to sleep in some days and am afraid it's going to be too noisy.

Packages are normally released in July for the following calendar year. But room-only reservations can be made 499 days in advance, so depending on what day in September you are looking to arrive, you may be able to book now! (September 1, 2016 is only 492 days away!)

Thank you so much for this information @Cluelyss! Also you are an adorable group of Incredibles! :D It looks like :scratchin if we manage a Sept. 13th Tues. res. like I'm hoping for then I can book on the 4th of May!!! :cool: :hyper:

Numbers and I don't get along very well ;) and I found this handy dandy calendar in case anyone else has the same problem. lol http://www.timeanddate.com :stitch2:

Thank you so much for this information @Cluelyss! Also you are an adorable group of Incredibles! :D It looks like :scratchin if we manage a Sept. 13th Tues. res. like I'm hoping for then I can book on the 4th of May!!! :cool: :hyper:

Numbers and I don't get along very well ;) and I found this handy dandy calendar in case anyone else has the same problem. lol http://www.timeanddate.com :stitch2:

There's another site too, pscalculator.net. I've used it for years being somewhat number challenged too! It has all WDW advanced dates on it. You just enter your arrival date.

It's a long way out but planning is half the fun! Stay on the forums and you'll stay connected to everyone who's planning!! :banana: I love the planning !!!! :surfweb:

Oh, and did I tell you I love the planning??? :cloud9:

I love the planning too! Your trip is fast approaching! :smickey: Do you have a PTR up? If so I can't wait to read it! :thumbsup2

I get it. Requests mean so much. I would only hope that CMs are trained to make magic happen for their guests. Here's my situation...my brother and his family, who I haven't seen in 5 years, will be at CBR for first 4 days at the Poly. (Unfortunately we couldn't coordinate) We have never vacationed together because I see him only every so often over the years when I visit "back home". It makes me really sad to know that they may not be able to meet with us at the pool at the Poly. They visit Disney often, we don't. They stay value or moderate, us deluxe. Are there empathetic CMs that might allow them to stay at the pool with us? Thoughts anyone?

@Sue M oh my gosh that time calculator is wonderful! :D Thank you so muchly much! :D
You're welcome!

I get it. Requests mean so much. I would only hope that CMs are trained to make magic happen for their guests. Here's my situation...my brother and his family, who I haven't seen in 5 years, will be at CBR for first 4 days at the Poly. (Unfortunately we couldn't coordinate) We have never vacationed together because I see him only every so often over the years when I visit "back home". It makes me really sad to know that they may not be able to meet with us at the pool at the Poly. They visit Disney often, we don't. They stay value or moderate, us deluxe. Are there empathetic CMs that might allow them to stay at the pool with us? Thoughts anyone?
I can relate. My brother and I live on opposite coasts! I think with the pool issue you'd have better luck joining him at the CBR quiet pool.

I meet up with a friend at WDW, we plan our trips to have overlapping times. Last 2 trips at 2 different resorts we didn't get rooms near each other! Our res were linked We did arrive on different dates. At YC our rooms were on opposite sides of resort, and at GF in different buildings :rolleyes:. Wasn't a huge deal though. In the mornings we'd arrange to meet either in lobby or food court. And there is the phone if we wanted something.

Interesting - so I guess linking reservations doesn't have much effect. We're vacationing with our daughters and we all live in different states now so would be nice to be in the same building but I know we will make it work regardless. :)

Interesting - so I guess linking reservations doesn't have much effect. We're vacationing with our daughters and we all live in different states now so would be nice to be in the same building but I know we will make it work regardless. :)

Linking them DOES help, but is no guarantee. You'll have much better odds if the reservations are linked.

Well, it didn't work for us those 2 times, sometimes it does! But we didn't persue it either. If at check in you see your rooms aren't in the same building you can ask CM if they could find rooms together.
Some resorts do a better job of getting your requests then others. Both POR resorts do the best job. When we stay there we always get our requests.
Our last stay at Poly (2010!) we did get all requests. Hoping we do this time too!

Looking for help for a room request. I have clients staying in a garden view club level room in the Hawaii building in early June. They are very concerned about the East Pool construction. Is there a garden view club level room that does not face the East pool? What request should I make that will minimize construction for my clients? Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter