Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
And hours are subject to change. They already have been expanded just prior to pool opening. I imagine they will expand again for summer.

I know this has been asked before..but cant find it using my phone. .can you still watch fireworks from the beach if you arent staying at poly? Was thinking of getting some dole whips and doing some shopping then watching. Thx.

I may sound like I'm repeating myself....but here is the question for people who have just come back or are there now. Can people swim in the pool before and after posted hours? Or is this prohibited? Have you seen people in the pool when no lifeguards are there?

I may sound like I'm repeating myself....but here is the question for people who have just come back or are there now. Can people swim in the pool before and after posted hours? Or is this prohibited? Have you seen people in the pool when no lifeguards are there?

When the pool is closed, no swimming.

I am wondering the same thing for this summer when the lava pool is the only pool open. Since it is the feature pool I am assuming it will be closed when we get back from the parks vs. if we were to stay at CSR or POR where a quiet pool would still be open. I understand why, we went in 2013 shortly after the Pop drowning, but it would be nice to have the option for a late night dip for tired feet. I am not sure if it would mean we change resorts, but I will say that we have considered it because of this.

It really is too bad when you think about it. All this time waiting for this pool, only to hear so many comments of disappointment re it's size, cramped deck and hours. I can't respond myself, as our first stay is in August, so I guess I'll see first hand then.

Does the Polynesian charge you to park at the hotel? If so, how much?

If you're a guest at the Poly parking is free.

If you have a dining reservation at the Poly parking is free while you dine.

If you're not a guest or don't have a dining reservation you won't be able to park there.

If you're a guest at the Poly parking is free.

If you have a dining reservation at the Poly parking is free while you dine.

If you're not a guest or don't have a dining reservation you won't be able to park there.

I think it's more dependent on how busy they are. I have parked at the Poly many times over the years to just eat at Captain Cook's and shop. I agree it is more difficult now, with more rooms, more to do, and possibly less parking. But it still is not a definite no, they just might tell you no if they are extremely busy. When I parked they gave me a 3 hr parking pass, but never once gave me any issue at all. I think it is getting harder to get visitor parking at the Poly and CR due to good proximity to the parks, but during less busy times it is possible and allowed.

I think it's more dependent on how busy they are. I have parked at the Poly many times over the years to just eat at Captain Cook's and shop. I agree it is more difficult now, with more rooms, more to do, and possibly less parking. But it still is not a definite no, they just might tell you no if they are extremely busy. When I parked they gave me a 3 hr parking pass, but never once gave me any issue at all. I think it is getting harder to get visitor parking at the Poly and CR due to good proximity to the parks, but during less busy times it is possible and allowed.

I answered above with the way they are handling parking right now. There have been multiple real time updates from guests that the guard asks for ID then checks your name against the Dining reservation list. If you're not on the list, you are being turned away. I can't say how it will be in the future once construction is complete, but right now my response was accurate.

WOW! I have never seen this! Just out of curiosity, were the kids in question obviously older than the intended age range or being reckless? This really surprises me.
I want to pipe up and mention that 2 years ago my 6-year old was in the GF Wonderland play area. She was probably around 50" at the time. A CM came up to her and told her she couldn't play there. It made her feel horrible, since she was nervous about using the big slide in the pool. She was not being rowdy and was, in fact, the only kid playing there at the time. The good news was that she did suck it up and use the big slide, and loved it, but when I showed her the kids' play area for our upcoming trip to the Poly, she sighed and said, "Well, they definitely won't let me in there now!"

I think it is just a safety issue-the area is really designed for toddler/preschool age children just like the ones at BB and TL waterparks-I believe those also have a 48 inch max height allowance

It really is too bad when you think about it. All this time waiting for this pool, only to hear so many comments of disappointment re it's size, cramped deck and hours. I can't respond myself, as our first stay is in August, so I guess I'll see first hand then.
Exactly my thoughts. I've been debating whether or not to change resorts because of this reason. I love the pool in the morning and at night. It seems it will be closed before I can get back from the parks. Even with extended hours during peak season. What do you think the hours will be Thanksgiving week? That will be key!

Exactly my thoughts. I've been debating whether or not to change resorts because of this reason. I love the pool in the morning and at night. It seems it will be closed before I can get back from the parks. Even with extended hours during peak season. What do you think the hours will be Thanksgiving week? That will be key!

If WDW follows the same schedule as last year, 10A-8P.

I want to pipe up and mention that 2 years ago my 6-year old was in the GF Wonderland play area. She was probably around 50" at the time. A CM came up to her and told her she couldn't play there. It made her feel horrible, since she was nervous about using the big slide in the pool. She was not being rowdy and was, in fact, the only kid playing there at the time. The good news was that she did suck it up and use the big slide, and loved it, but when I showed her the kids' play area for our upcoming trip to the Poly, she sighed and said, "Well, they definitely won't let me in there now!"
This is just so sad! It is supposed to be a magical vacation. I think things have gone to far....in the wrong direction.

If WDW follows the same schedule as last year, 10A-8P.
8 p.m. for a Holiday week is totally ridiculous! My daughter just said to me...."well I guess I won't be able to use the pool then!" We are considering another resort.

8 p.m. for a Holiday week is totally ridiculous! My daughter just said to me...."well I guess I won't be able to use the pool then!" We are considering another resort.

Those are the hours for the main feature pools at every WDW resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter