Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh My goodness! I love the new thread:thanks:!
You are awesome! :worship:

Do you guys know how awesome the Poly thread is? Maiapapaya and I met on this thread...met at the Poly and have vacationed together at the Poly! They have come to visit me in Chicago and someday soon I hope to finally get my rear to her home in Canada! We are best buds :love2:
I'm just sayin....the Poly thread is something special! pixiedust:

I'm looking forward to going back and reading everything over and over again!

Mahalo to all the Poly peeps!:flower1: FYI- my ticker is wrong! We are going on October! I'll have to change that.....

Last edited:

Do you guys know how awesome the Poly thread is? Maiapapaya and I met on this thread...met at the Poly and have vacationed together at the Poly! They have come to visit me in Chicago and someday soon I hope to finally get my rear to her home in Canada! We are best buds :love2:

Mahalo to all the Poly peeps!:flower1: FYI- my ticker is wrong! We are going on October! I'll have to change that.....

Mahalo to all the Poly peeps!:flower1: FYI- my ticker is wrong! We are going on October! I'll have to change that.. ...

Actually I think your ticker should say March ... :rolleyes1 (or more specifically 10 months 29 days)

Has anyone heard if there are plans for more landscaping around the Lava Pool to provide more shade? It does look a bit barren for a "lush" tropical resort.

Anything could happen especially if guests make it known the pool needs more shade. But as of now they are done.

Any idea's of what they are going to do to the quiet pool? Are they just going to "freshen it"? Or, could they possibly be going to make it into a 2nd themed pool? Maybe the Cabana's will go here.

Anything could happen especially if guests make it known the pool needs more shade. But as of now they are done.
I will be interested to compare to WL. We are super excited about our August PVR trip (our first). My favorite resort to date is AKL but favorite pool is WL. Not even a fan of BC's Stormalong Bay pool! So can't wait to try the Lava Pool. Hoping for a bit of shade though. We'll bring our hats!

Any idea's of what they are going to do to the quiet pool? Are they just going to "freshen it"? Or, could they possibly be going to make it into a 2nd themed pool? Maybe the Cabana's will go here.

It depends who you ask. Initially the word was that they were going to redo the whole area (I don't think it was necessarily going to be a "themed" pool) and add a grill and bar. Lately some people have said that CM's are telling them that isn't going to happen now and they are just going to freshen it up. They just did work on it a few years ago, so I can't imagine they would take it down for several months just to freshen it. And if you look at the new maps that are up around the resort the bar and grill are labelled on the map. If they had changed plans you would think they would have changed the maps before installing them (just last month). It will be interesting to see what happens!

I will be interested to compare to WL. We are super excited about our August PVR trip (our first). My favorite resort to date is AKL but favorite pool is WL. Not even a fan of BC's Stormalong Bay pool! So can't wait to try the Lava Pool. Hoping for a bit of shade though. We'll bring our hats!

There are some umbrellas, though lots of lounge chairs without shade. Hopefully once the foliage matures there will be more. For example, when we were there it looked like the palm trees had been severely cut back (stumpy fronds on tall mature trunks). Those should fill out again with time.

We arrive Friday and I am desperately hoping the Monorail is back in service by then. It is one of the major reasons we chose this resort. With a 4 month old I do not want to traverse those boats with a stroller. Such a PITA to have to fold all the time. =(

Last edited:
Hi Tarak! You're definitely not alone here...can't even tell you how many times I've second-guessed our decision. Heck, just this weekend I brought up possibly moving resorts to the family after reading the most recent pool issues but they "talked me off the cliff" and everyone wants to stay put :). Also, I have to admit that after seeing the pics Kook recently posted, I'm feeling much better about our decision to stay put.

:thumbsup2

Kook: Thanks for sharing the pics
maiapapaya: Thanks for the new thread

Still very excited and very much looking forward to our first Poly stay!!!

I admit, I'm still very torn, but in the end I decided to switch to WL. Our first stay at WDW as a family was at the Poly and it was pretty magical. A lot of that was the atmosphere. Walking through the resort and hearing the music play, seeing the lit tiki torches. I hope I jumped the gun and everything is absolutely fabulous for everyone. I know if it were just my kids and me, I wouldn't be so worried about it. But since my niece starts college, this is probably the last opportunity I'll have to spend time with her for a while because my trips to California probably won't coincide with breaks from school. While I don't think everything will be perfect (parts of the WL are covered with scaffolding), it's just stressing me out for some reason to worry about if and when things will be completed. I do plan to take a trip to the resort to see the new lobby, Trader Sam's, and probably pick up some sushi at the Kona Cafe.

Add me to the list of those worried about East pool construction. We are staying Club Level for the first time in October and our budget only allowed for GVCL Don't get me wrong, excited to stay Club level for the first time but since there aren't any more lagoon side rooms considered garden view, what would you put in for a room request? First time we stayed at the Poly we stayed in Tokelau and had a balcony overlooking the quiet pool. It was BEAUTIFUL!! I am just wondering if I should request another balcony/third floor for CL or if we would prefer patio level.

mom2ranj, when I was looking at the rooms on that side of Hawaii, I thought maybe the patios would be a better option to avoid seeing the construction. If I recall, the foliage is bigger at the ends of the building. I would probably recommend requesting a room closer to lounge and Samoa/Lava pool. It's not a bad idea to take a look at Google earth. Plug in the Polynesian and you'll get a good idea of where the plants are more overgrown.

maiapapaya - thank you so much for the new thread! I do plan to come back here some day. I've taken each of my kids before the year before they started kindergarten, and I'll do that with my youngest. I think a trip in 2017 to the flower and garden festival at Epcot might just be perfect.

It depends who you ask. Initially the word was that they were going to redo the whole area (I don't think it was necessarily going to be a "themed" pool) and add a grill and bar. Lately some people have said that CM's are telling them that isn't going to happen now and they are just going to freshen it up. They just did work on it a few years ago, so I can't imagine they would take it down for several months just to freshen it. And if you look at the new maps that are up around the resort the bar and grill are labelled on the map. If they had changed plans you would think they would have changed the maps before installing them (just last month). It will be interesting to see what happens!

There are some umbrellas, though lots of lounge chairs without shade. Hopefully once the foliage matures there will be more. For example, when we were there it looked like the palm trees had been severely cut back (stumpy fronds on tall mature trunks). Those should fill out again with time.

I'm wondering who would want to be in the hot blazing Florida sun on those lounge chars without umbrellas?

I'm not seeing a thread for Poly Fall 2015 yet. I used to be fine with a room overlooking the quiet pool. Any idea what the condition will be in October of 2015? I'm really wondering if the Poly is going to be worth it on this trip. We could do GF instead I guess but we've always loved the Poly. This construction seems to be taking forever!

@maiapapaya, you're Canadian? You and me both! I'm looking forward to our first Poly stay like a child waiting for Santa Claus :santa:, so this thread us terribly satiating! :woohoo:So cool Breezysmom, that you met and vacationed together! :beach: I'd love to meet some of the people I've "come to know" on the Disboards! :disrocks:

Does anyone know what the fuss is about around the DVC portion of the resort? Read something on Tikiman's FB page re upset patons. Has east pool construction began? Or the bbq area?

This will be our first time staying at the poly. We have booked a non club theme park view room. I really want to have the best view of the nightly electrical parade. It is my son's favorite thing about going to Disney. Should I request Tuvalu or Aotearoa? Also would a patio or third floor balcony be better for the view?

@maiapapaya, you're Canadian? You and me both! I'm looking forward to our first Poly stay like a child waiting for Santa Claus :santa:, so this thread us terribly satiating! :woohoo:So cool Breezysmom, that you met and vacationed together! :beach: I'd love to meet some of the people I've "come to know" on the Disboards! :disrocks:

I got lucky "Blueskies" from the gf thread was at poly CL last November and we had a blast! Then circusgirl (has great photos) was at WL cl with me in January. There are a few people that have similar dates as me this summer so I am hoping for another dis meet.

I completely agree with this! Great new thread..............looking at an 2017 FIRST visit to the Poly :teeth: Yup I think about it that far in advance.............a Disney obsession..:sad2: ya think!!! :love:

Doug :goofy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter