• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if they are assigning rooms in the long houses facing the quiet pool construction? I would like to request Samoa as my only request to try and increase my chances of getting it but I wonder if that request would put me directly facing the construction. My main thing is I'd love to be close to the pool & the monorail.
I'm curious about this too. I Don't care too much about the building just would like a patio or balcony and not to be looking at construction

Does anyone know if they are assigning rooms in the long houses facing the quiet pool construction? I would like to request Samoa as my only request to try and increase my chances of getting it but I wonder if that request would put me directly facing the construction. My main thing is I'd love to be close to the pool & the monorail.
I just did online check in a few days ago. I was afraid of that to so requested Fiji. Samoa would be good if you had room facing main pool, but didn't want to risk it.

This is what I found on Disney Moms panel...

The Monorail schedules have been adjusted on the Magic Kingdom and Epcot beams as part of an enhancement to the Monorail Operating System. The monorails are currently operating on a fixed schedule during the update:

* 8:30 a.m. - midnight on the Magic Kingdom Resort beam
* 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. on the Magic Kingdom Express beam
* 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. on the Epcot beam

In order to assist Guests reach their destinations, there will be additional buses and watercraft (where applicable) to transport Guests. Once you arrive at the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC), there will be buses to take you to the Magic Kingdom just to the right of the Monorail Station.

The Ferries typically begin operating 30 minutes before the Magic Kingdom opens. This includes morning Extra Magic Hours. If the Magic Kingdom opens at 8:00 a.m., the Ferries should begin running from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom at 7:30 a.m.

During the time that the Monorail lines are down for the operating system update, there will be Cast Members on hand at the TTC to assist Guests.

Hmmm, the link that was posted here earlier said these hours are only for Monday - Wednesday. Then Thursday thru Sunday had normal morning hours (8am for Epcot beam and 7am for resort beam). Anyone know which one is correct? Here's that link again for reference
http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...ney-world-monorail-system-operating-hours.htm

I just did online check in a few days ago. I was afraid of that to so requested Fiji. Samoa would be good if you had room facing main pool, but didn't want to risk it.

Even in a Samoa room on the main pool side, when the east pool construction gets in full swing it could still be loud if you are sitting out on your patio or balcony in any rooms in the Samoa building. I love that location, but I'm thinking along the same lines as you are, requesting something away from construction this time just to be sure we can utilize our outdoor space if we get it.

Given the lack of SV rooms available in early December, they may not be. I had the worst time trying to tweak my trip dates by just a few days!

Thank you for this report! Was it fairly easy to find a seat on the patio? Does it open at 4 too? And could you order food on the patio as well? Thanks! :)
Yes we had no problem getting a table outside and it opens at 4 as well. You can order food. The kids had a punch in a very nice Polynesian souvenir cup to take home. There was also a man playing a ukulele and singing out there. It was very nice.

Yes we had no problem getting a table outside and it opens at 4 as well. You can order food. The kids had a punch in a very nice Polynesian souvenir cup to take home. There was also a man playing a ukulele and singing out there. It was very nice.
Awesome - thanks so much!! This sounds like a better option to me :)

TJA, NICE pic! THANKS for posting!:thumbsup2 Have a GREAT TIME!:cheer2: Is the pool crowded with the upcoming long holiday weekend:confused3?

In general, yes. But I believe there are rooms from which you could not, b/c of landscaping. I've only stayed ground floor at Niue (once) and we COULD walk out. You can see my pics on Post #1311.

What did you do about locking the patio door? I was thinking how great it would be to exit w/o doing stairs or elevator but then realized I couldn't lock the patio from the outside to the best of my knowledge, but I have only had balcony rooms so I never tried.

Last Aug we were staying at GF, and Epcot monorail was on morning limited schedule, so we had to take a bus to get there for rope drop. Guess it will be more of the same this trip :-(. 2 years of staying at a monorail resort & no morning monorail service, boo!

Did the bus that got you at GF take you to epcot or to TTC where you had to get a second bus to epcot? I read a few things that made it seem like a two bus journey when the monorail was out of commission.

Is anybody currently at the Poly or there recently? I was wondering if there were more tables added to the pool area? We were there in May and there weren't alot of tables at the volcano pool except near the bar. Also along the paths/walkways there were no benches to sit with the little kids while waiting for other family members. Especially near the new gathering place and Captain Cookes. Thank you to anybody who can let me know.

What did you do about locking the patio door? I was thinking how great it would be to exit w/o doing stairs or elevator but then realized I couldn't lock the patio from the outside to the best of my knowledge, but I have only had balcony rooms so I never tried.

You're right - it's not as though you'd want to leave for the day through your patio, b/c you can't lock it from the outside.
In our case, the children could walk right out to the East Pool. And it was fun for sitting on the patio and letting little ones play in the grass. But it was not the way we exited the room for a day in the parks.
Niue is a tiny building, and only 2 floors. So you are in and out really quickly, no matter what room you're in.

You're right - it's not as though you'd want to leave for the day through your patio, b/c you can't lock it from the outside.
In our case, the children could walk right out to the East Pool. And it was fun for sitting on the patio and letting little ones play in the grass. But it was not the way we exited the room for a day in the parks.
Niue is a tiny building, and only 2 floors. So you are in and out really quickly, no matter what room you're in.

Thanks for clarifying. I thought maybe on ground floor they put band readers on the patio doors (which would be awesome).

Is anybody currently at the Poly or there recently? I was wondering if there were more tables added to the pool area? We were there in May and there weren't alot of tables at the volcano pool except near the bar. Also along the paths/walkways there were no benches to sit with the little kids while waiting for other family members. Especially near the new gathering place and Captain Cookes. Thank you to anybody who can let me know.
There aren't many tables along side the pool. More near the bar like you said. I never saw one of the tables empty either. There were quite a few tables outside Capt. Cooks and Pineapple Lanai.

TJA, NICE pic! THANKS for posting!:thumbsup2 Have a GREAT TIME!:cheer2: Is the pool crowded with the upcoming long holiday weekend:confused3?

Well the pool is crowded but we've been able to get a table all 3 days we've been here, surprisingly. The whole pool area is just gorgeous. And the grounds near the bungalows.....everything is so beautiful!

Did the bus that got you at GF take you to epcot or to TTC where you had to get a second bus to epcot? I read a few things that made it seem like a two bus journey when the monorail was out of commission.
Directly to Epcot.

Well the pool is crowded but we've been able to get a table all 3 days we've been here, surprisingly. The whole pool area is just gorgeous. And the grounds near the bungalows.....everything is so beautiful!
GREAT!:thumbsup2 BET the fireworks will be GORGEOUS on the 4th!:cheer2:

Reactions: TJA
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter