Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumping in the car at 9:30 tomorrow morning and heading north to the Poly. 2 hours and 44 minutes later, we'll be saying "Aloha" to the cast member in the lobby and heading to our Bungalow. We Can't Wait! Months of planning, phone calls, posts and yet, it will all be over all too soon. Oh well, we just have to plan another trip.
Wish I go drive in that time, lucky you :) But I can fly there that fast.

I agree with all of you about the stream. Was really a nice little detail. Not only the stream but all of the landscaping around it was really nice. I said this in a different thread but I don't really like the new pool area, they took away too much vegetation. All concrete now, lost some of that Polynesian flavor

So much concrete - so much hotter than even HOT Florida - little shade - I still can't get over it. Why would they ruin it like that. It was perfect.

Trying to decide what longhouses to request as my two choices. I am staying standard view in December. Samoa is first choice, unless someone tells me there is a problem, but second is tough. Fiji seems to have very pretty views, but I saw a pic on Tikiman's site of Niue with a gorgeous little stream running by the patio. Does this stream still exist? Which side of Niue is it on? Or would pool construction be an issue?

If it helps, I am typically out of the room by 8, if not earlier, to rope drop and am usually not in bed before 11. I would walk up to the GCH for breakfast daily and go from there to whatever method of transportation I am using to get to the park. So closeness to GCH would be a priority. Would also like a pretty view.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sorry for the delay in response but here is s photo of the area that used to have the stream. According to the maps I've seen its supposed to have the kid movies. However, the movies were still on the beach at end of April.

IMG_4513_zpsrd7mlb4d.jpg

Hi, can any Tambu Lounge vets tell me if they have TVs that they'd be willing to put on sporting events? I'm planning on being there next February on the day of the Daytona 500. I know that ESPN would be the logical place to go, but I kind of had my heart set on doing the monorail crawl that day after I'm through with the Princess Half.
If you get a spot near the bar they do! I can double check in 21 days, but I believe if memory serves there are 2!

Hi, can any Tambu Lounge vets tell me if they have TVs that they'd be willing to put on sporting events? I'm planning on being there next February on the day of the Daytona 500. I know that ESPN would be the logical place to go, but I kind of had my heart set on doing the monorail crawl that day after I'm through with the Princess Half.
They've always had sports on the TV whenever I've been there. A big event like that will surely be on.

Jumping in the car at 9:30 tomorrow morning and heading north to the Poly. 2 hours and 44 minutes later, we'll be saying "Aloha" to the cast member in the lobby and heading to our Bungalow. We Can't Wait! Months of planning, phone calls, posts and yet, it will all be over all too soon. Oh well, we just have to plan another trip.

How exciting! Have a great trip!

One of the ugliest fences I've ever seen now enclosed the poly

Ha my only hope is that the shrubs they planted around the fence grow enough to cover some of it, but I dont know really know what they planted there and if they do grow much higher.

Here's a question where are the entrances to the pool? I know before the fence went in, there were several little walkways leading to the pool but I'm guessing there is now a general location where everyone must enter at? I haven't seen many pictures, so I'm not to up on all the pool details.

If you get a spot near the bar they do! I can double check in 21 days, but I believe if memory serves there are 2!
I was there last August on several nights during my stay. I believe they have two flat screens that were showing preseason NFL. They were away from the main bar in the seating area right next to it.

Stayed up past midnight to do my fast passes exactly at the 60 day mark. Out of the 6 park days it turns out the day at Animal Kingdom were the fast passes that were the hardest to get situated... Go Figure

Last August I stayed in GV Club Level on the ground floor for a week and don't recall hearing any noise from the guests in the room above me walking around etc. Does anyone have any input on if you can often hear noises from the guests above when staying in any of the longhouses?

I ask this because I would not mind trying out a third floor room with a balcony this year but also don't want to worry about my kids walking around too loudly and disturbing the below room guests. Thanks for any info!

What has been your luck in getting your room changed from the one you were assigned to? I have read many times the earlier in the day you or arrive, preferably morning, the better a chance you have to get your request or to get it changed. I know this worked well for us at POR when we stayed there.
I always check in before noon, many times my room has been ready. On the ocassion I truly didn't like room view or location I have been able to change it. This happened once at YC, I think I had the worst view in the resort, over garbage dump :sad2: they said they could change it if I was willing to wait until later to get in room. My other 2 times were at GF. First time my request was no dormer. Yup, was put in dormer. I think they didn't see the no part, lol. No prob changing room. Second visit I booked a 2queen bed room and was given a king for me & adult daughter. Not so much!! So again got different room.

Here's a question where are the entrances to the pool? I know before the fence went in, there were several little walkways leading to the pool but I'm guessing there is now a general location where everyone must enter at? I haven't seen many pictures, so I'm not to up on all the pool details.
If my memory doesn't fail, here are where all the gates are:
1) By Captain Cooks (down a few steps)
2) By Samoa, in between CC entrance gate and hot tub gate)
3) By Hot Tub
4) By beach, hot tub side
5) By the pool bar
6) By the kids splash area, near Trader Sam's / Marina

I found it very convenient on both sides.

I always check in before noon, many times my room has been ready. On the ocassion I truly didn't like room view or location I have been able to change it. This happened once at YC, I think I had the worst view in the resort, over garbage dump :sad2: they said they could change it if I was willing to wait until later to get in room. My other 2 times were at GF. First time my request was no dormer. Yup, was put in dormer. I think they didn't see the no part, lol. No prob changing room. Second visit I booked a 2queen bed room and was given a king for me & adult daughter. Not so much!! So again got different room.
Sound like they try to be as accommodating as they can be. That has been my experience as well. Fingers crossed....for no construction view!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter