Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those pictures are wonderful. How special for your daughter!

Here is my update. We surprised our DD in front of the castle. We got the help from Guest Services at Town Hall. They set us up with a Photopass photographer. We were taking pictures of our DD and 3 of her friends photo bombed her picture. Then her DCP roommate that she hasn't seen in a year surprised her - we all cried. Disney was just wonderful at helping us and make this a magical trip for our DD. Where else can you do this? Here are some pictures. We are also loving the Polynesian. They too helped to keep the surprise. None of us want to leave.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7785383086_zpssiz8wj0i.jpeg

Her 3 friends photo bombing the picture.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7785383033_zpsmpburmte.jpeg

Her three friends

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7785382157_zps1bpntn0x.jpeg

Her DCP roommate.

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7785382963_zpsxyzxe03j.jpeg

All 10 of us!

We check out on Wednesday the 24th and haven't relieved ours either.
I never received one my last 2 stays at the Poly. But since my OCD behavior has me requesting a copy every few days from the front desk, it wasn't a big deal to me. :) Just mentioning it to say that this seems to be common at the Poly.

Here is my update. We surprised our DD in front of the castle. We got the help from Guest Services at Town Hall. They set us up with a Photopass photographer. We were taking pictures of our DD and 3 of her friends photo bombed her picture. Then her DCP roommate that she hasn't seen in a year surprised her - we all cried. Disney was just wonderful at helping us and make this a magical trip for our DD. Where else can you do this? Here are some pictures. We are also loving the Polynesian. They too helped to keep the surprise. None of us want to leave.

Thanks for the update and pics, looks like everything worked out just great! Glad everyone is having a great time and loving the Poly :goodvibes.

It was so special and Disney Guest Relations (thanks to Jocelyn and Sara) (and Connie the Photopass photographer) made it happen.

Glad Disney was able to help make it a surprise to remember :wizard:

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7785383086_zpssiz8wj0i.jpeg

Her 3 friends photo bombing the picture.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7785383033_zpsmpburmte.jpeg

Her three friends

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7785382157_zps1bpntn0x.jpeg

Her DCP roommate.

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7785382963_zpsxyzxe03j.jpeg

All 10 of us!

thanks for posting this! And WOW, so awesome. I am really glad you had a good time, and the surprise worked out well!

We checked out on August 21 and never got a copy of our folio. I keep meaning to email IPO to get one, I will do it now. It seems like this is a common problem at the Poly, maybe they should go back to a printed copy on your door the day you check out.

I emailed guest services yesterday and received a copy of my folio this morning. I also wanted to add re: our stay because I saw mention of it a few times, our room was not made up one day near the end of our stay and we actually ran out of toilet paper! Fortunately, we had a connecting room with my daughters and used their bathroom before we left for the day. I grabbed pool towels for showering. When we returned in the afternoon, I opened our door and there was the mousekeeper watching TV! I don't think I would have even noticed if she hadn't been frantically trying to turn off the tv and stammering that she was "servicing our room". My husband mentioned that when he walked down the hallway and the room doors were open because the cleaners were in there, the tvs were always on. Maybe that's why mousekeeping is not quite up to par.....

Hmm, unless this is something new, I'm almost (key word) certain life jackets are allowed on the lava pool slide. DS wasn't the best swimmer early on and unless I was just a cruel dad I don't think I put him on there without one, the bottom is tough if you can't swim well. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly?

You are remembering correctly. We just left on Saturday and kids were allowed to go down the slide with a life jacket on, my son included.

Best first day ever! Great view of the pool from the 3rd floor of Hawaii.

Sketchy weather resulted in a comped boat rental even though we were out the whole time.

Stopped by Trader Sam's and scored a black pearl!!

14725083019071254967804.jpg

Now hanging in the club level lounge while dd5 is at Lilo's playhouse.

Tomorrow the parks!

Great vacation so far!

My Mom, my son, and I were due to check-in at the Poly this past Saturday the 27th for our much anticipated first stay there. However, my father had a heart attack and emergency triple bypass surgery on Friday the 26th. We had to cancel at the last minute. The surgery went well and he is recovering as nicely as possible so far. His health and recovery are the most important things but I do look forward to rebooking our Poly stay some time in the future. Now the trick is to figure out when. I go back to work next week (Special Education 1:1 aide) so I am limited by the school calendar. If you had to do Thanksgiving, Easter week, or wait till next summer what would you do?

My Mom, my son, and I were due to check-in at the Poly this past Saturday the 27th for our much anticipated first stay there. However, my father had a heart attack and emergency triple bypass surgery on Friday the 26th. We had to cancel at the last minute. The surgery went well and he is recovering as nicely as possible so far. His health and recovery are the most important things but I do look forward to rebooking our Poly stay some time in the future. Now the trick is to figure out when. I go back to work next week (Special Education 1:1 aide) so I am limited by the school calendar. If you had to do Thanksgiving, Easter week, or wait till next summer what would you do?

So sorry to hear this, and hope your dad and all of you are doing okay. We almost always go in September (we homeschool, so we can), but went once in Spring break season-- never again. Maybe you could do late August again, like you planned this year? I hear crowds are pretty low.

We checked into the Polynesian tonight after a full day at HS and after leaving the BC where we spent 5 nights. We are in Somoa, 2nd floor. When we arrived I thought the room kind of smelled, really damp and an odor. I thought it was probably just from the humidity. My husband just used the toilet and called me in. The toilet seat has a big dried blood stain on both sides of the seat. I am really grossed out and just called housekeeping to tell them. They said they would send someone up "right away" around 20 minutes ago. It really grosses me out that they are not cleaning the toilet seats between guests. I am going to go down to show the manager the pictures I took if housekeeping doesn't come up within 10 more minutes. How unsanitary!

We checked into the Polynesian tonight after a full day at HS and after leaving the BC where we spent 5 nights. We are in Somoa, 2nd floor. When we arrived I thought the room kind of smelled, really damp and an odor. I thought it was probably just from the humidity. My husband just used the toilet and called me in. The toilet seat has a big dried blood stain on both sides of the seat. I am really grossed out and just called housekeeping to tell them. They said they would send someone up "right away" around 20 minutes ago. It really grosses me out that they are not cleaning the toilet seats between guests. I am going to go down to show the manager the pictures I took if housekeeping doesn't come up within 10 more minutes. How unsanitary!

Ewww! So sorry you have to deal wit that. I've packed Clorox wipes and plan to wipe down the room even if it looks clean. I am not a germophobe per se but I do have big hang ups about blood and bodily fluids. Hope they make it right quickly!

My family stayed at Poly in the Pago Pago building from Aug 18-22. This was our first time at the Poly.
The resort grounds and main building are lovely. Pago Pago is very underrated, IMO. We LOVED being so close to the TTC. Plus, having our car parked just outside was both convenient and saved us money on valet parking. We stayed in room 3119 which had a garden view. I will request that building and view next time, if ever we make it back.

Room 3119 was a studio villa and we really liked the layout, size, and decor of the room. Cleanliness was not up to my standards for such an expensive room. The bathrooms were just not very clean. Kitchenette sink was also not cleaned well. Fortunately, the beds, tables, and carpets all seemed clean, so it was not uncomfortable to stay there. I did not rent DVC points, so the housekeeping was regular.

Captain Cook's service was pretty good - the CMs taking your order were efficient and courteous. The food was...not very good.
On the plus side, they had a few refrigerated cases with drinks and pre-made food. The pre-made food was better than anything "fresh" they served us. There was also a little bakery case next to the refrigerated section which had a lot of tasty looking treats (brownies, croissants, muffins, cupcakes, etc.) I didn't try any of them, so I can't comment on quality. They seemed to alternate each day between mickey cupcakes and minnie cupcakes.

The Lava and Oasis pools were usually crowded. The Lava Pool hours are 9am-11pm, and the Oasis pool opened at 7am but closed a bit earlier (I think it was 10pm.) We never had a chance to try them.
We did try the Kiddie Splash area and my kids loved it. Two downsides: no shade and no lockers.

We originally wanted to do Kona breakfast, but our plans changed so we ended up going there for dinner instead. The pineapple bread with macadamia butter was addictive. I had also heard good things about the sushi, so I ordered the California Luau Roll. My sushi was AWFUL. Inedible. Worse than grocery store sushi. It was made with poor quality rice and had NO flavor except the fishy taste of canned tuna (I'm guessing they used canned crab). The combination of the fishy tinned taste and pineapple was...gross. Everything else that we ordered was good.

On our last night, we went out to the beach to watch Wishes. I ended up carrying my son back to the room because he'd fallen asleep, and somewhere along the way, I lost my iPhone. I'm not sure if it fell out of my pocket, or if I left it on the beach chair. I didn't realize it was lost until the next morning. We spent our last morning hunting all over our room, the walkways, and the beach for it. It has never turned up, though we did fill out a form with Lost and Found right before we left. Kind of a bummer, since I had a few dozen vacation photos and videos that I will not be able to recover. If anyone discovers an iPhone on the beach during their upcoming stay, message me, lol.

Thanks to the Poly Information thread for helping us plan our fun vacation!
Aloha!

I am so sorry about your dad. The Poly will always be there. I pray he is feeling better soon.

Thanks for the update and pics, looks like everything worked out just great! Glad everyone is having a great time and loving the Poly :goodvibes.

Glad Disney was able to help make it a surprise to remember :wizard:

Thank you. We are having a blast and the Poly is my new favorite hotel. Much better than since we were here during construction.

thanks for posting this! And WOW, so awesome. I am really glad you had a good time, and the surprise worked out well!

Thank you. My DD was so happy and her friends are having a blast. Thanks again!

The room reports for mousekeeping are not too encouraging. We arrive in a few days and I am quite the germaphobe. Adding extra cleaning supplies to the packing list right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter