Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red and blue mugs with handles are available at Captain Cook's at the moment!
This is too funny. We were just there for 2 weeks and I desperately wanted mugs without handles. I gave up and bought mugs with handles on our second day. I asked the cast member about handle less mugs and she had no idea about them and said they only sold mugs with handles. The day after I bought our mugs I walked into Captain Cook's and lo and behold... handle less mugs! :crazy: I will say that I think more people liked the handles, we were at Contempo Cafe yesterday before flying home and we were asked by guests twice where we got the mugs with handles! :joker:

This is too funny. We were just there for 2 weeks and I desperately wanted mugs without handles. I gave up and bought mugs with handles on our second day. I asked the cast member about handle less mugs and she had no idea about them and said they only sold mugs with handles. The day after I bought our mugs I walked into Captain Cook's and lo and behold... handle less mugs! :crazy: I will say that I think more people liked the handles, we were at Contempo Cafe yesterday before flying home and we were asked by guests twice where we got the mugs with handles! :joker:
I wish I had handles.....I wonder if I can trade them in. :scratchin

I wish I had handles.....I wonder if I can trade them in. :scratchin
I need handles for coffee. I am going to buy mugs next week. If they don't have handles I am going to bring my old ones since the coffee machines don't have the chip. Then I will just show my receipt if questioned. Then will use the new mugs at soda machines. Can anyone say how hot the mugs get with coffee without handles?

Just booked a spur of the moment room. I was able to get a deluxe studio for 2 nights. I plan on spending plenty of time at Trader Sam's as well as seeing the new Star Wars fireworks, the updated Soarin' and I guess I'll check out Frozen. And I need to hit up the Christmas store at MK to stock up on decorations because I won't be back till next year (doing the backstage magic tour in December, but not actually going inside any of the parks). I also hope to score a Poly magnet, but I won't get my hopes up.

Does anyone know if the tik itorches are working and stay on all night throughout the resort including around the pools?

FWIW, the tiki torches are lit bit do not stay on all night. We were walking back from the TTC at ~2:20 AM last Wednesday after MK EMH and my DH and I noticed and discussed that the torches were off and wondered what time they turn them off nightly.

Checked in yesterday and we got our request...3rd floor, Samoa. We have a view of the lava pool and the GF and it is amazing. Up until yesterday, my favorite resort was AKL and my husbands was BC...Poly has taken the top for both of us. Love everything! Thank you to all for the help in planning.

There have been ducks swimming with people in nearly all WDW resorts I've stayed at.
We have a picture of ducks swimming with my daughter at CSR quiet pool. CMs kept shooing them away and as soon as they left, they'd come back. She had a blast and thought it was great!!

Does anyone have a picture of the ducks at the oasis pool? Are they actually in the water swimming with people?
No pic, but I was there a couple of weeks ago and we had 2-4 daily with the attitude that it was theirs and we were invading. They swam, bathed, and played and looked like they too were enjoying their stay. We didn't like it, but there was little we could do about it.

They are still being fed, therefore,they are not going to give up a good thing going, lol.

Just booked a spur of the moment room. I was able to get a deluxe studio for 2 nights. I plan on spending plenty of time at Trader Sam's as well as seeing the new Star Wars fireworks, the updated Soarin' and I guess I'll check out Frozen. And I need to hit up the Christmas store at MK to stock up on decorations because I won't be back till next year (doing the backstage magic tour in December, but not actually going inside any of the parks). I also hope to score a Poly magnet, but I won't get my hopes up.

Congrats on a last minute trip! Have a great time :wizard:.

Checked in yesterday and we got our request...3rd floor, Samoa. We have a view of the lava pool and the GF and it is amazing. Up until yesterday, my favorite resort was AKL and my husbands was BC...Poly has taken the top for both of us. Love everything! Thank you to all for the help in planning.

Glad your requests were met and glad you are loving the Poly! We've stayed at several different resorts and while we have loved them all, the Poly will always be our favorite. Enjoy the rest of your time there :goodvibes.

There have been ducks swimming with people in nearly all WDW resorts I've stayed at.

This has been our experience as well :).

Congrats on a last minute trip! Have a great time :wizard:.

Glad your requests were met and glad you are loving the Poly! We've stayed at several different resorts and while we have loved them all, the Poly will always be our favorite. Enjoy the rest of your time there :goodvibes.

This has been our experience as well :).

Thank you. Looking forward to another awesome stay at the Poly.

Can not remember the pool slide height requirements at the lava pool or the height limitations in the splash area. Can someone please confirm them. Thanks so much.

Last edited:
Can not remember the pool slide height requirements at the lava pool or the height limitations in the splash area. Can someone please confirm them. Thanks so much.
Limit in splash area is 48".

I don't recall a limit on the slide, but you have to be able to go down solo, no floatation devices or life jacket.

Good morning everyone! Have some poly questions for you all. There will be many firsts in our family for our January Disney trip. This will be out 1st Poly stay and our first time with a little - we'll be celebrating our nugget's 1st bday.
We were able to score a bungalow for our entire 1wk stay :worship::earseek:.

1. I've read that the plunge pools are not heated - are they still open in the cooler months? Will they be comfortable to use to January?
2. I've also read about the bugs on the water- This is our first monorail resort stay as well :eek: (SS and OLW are our favs/home resorts). Do the bugs make sitting outside at night uncomfortable? Enough to where I need to pack bug spray for the DD if we want to utilize the deck?
3. How is the noise inside the bungalow? Are the MK fireworks loud enough that I should expect DD to stir?
4. 1st time mom ? - So DD is going to be 1 when we travel. We have never co slept and she sleeps well in her crib. For a sleeping arrangement, would she be best on the twin pull down with a bed rail? What are other's experience with a young one in regards to pull down/pack&play/co-sleep? Are there any other good threads to read on tips for traveling with babies?

Thanks all!
Christina

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter