• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of coffee pots are in the studio villas? The full size or the cup at a time? Also, we are not staying on points so will there be coffee in the room and toiletries?

What kind of coffee pots are in the studio villas? The full size or the cup at a time? Also, we are not staying on points so will there be coffee in the room and toiletries?

The studio villas have full size coffee makers. When you stay in villas with a cash reservation (not points) you get the usual amenities--coffee, toiletries, daily housekeeping. Enjoy!

Any opinions the pros and cons for a standard room vs. a studio if the price is the same? We have 2 adults and 2 children (DS 9 and DD 7) and will only be staying 2 nights pre-cruise and not going to the parks.
It's a trade off, DVC studios have 2 bathrooms, but that's taken some space from bedroom area. Studio only has 1 queen bed then pull out sofa. They may also have a pull down Murphy bed, instead of a dresser, im not sure, but you can look it up on resort fact sheet.
I prefer to have a regular room with 2 queen beds and daybed. Usually it's only me and one adult daughter so she prefers to have a regular bed rather than pull out. And we don't need 2 bathrooms.

To add my opinion about leisure pool, I sure hope it won't be DVC only :sad2:. They chose to split resort in half making DVC, and as pointed out the pool is also surrounded by non DVC long houses. It's not like the DVC is seperate from the regular resort, like the rest of the resorts. BLT is entirely seperate from CR. So is Kidani, but it's pool is open to AKL.
It would be a bad move by Disney. People are upset enough with how they added DVC to Poly.
Now they're adding the bungalows to WL :sad1: what's next? BC/YC bungalows, ugh. Let's just take away every resort waterfront with overpriced bungalows! :duck:
Just my opinion folks.

@Sue M - I feel the same way. I'm already reluctant to ever go back now that they have taken the beach with the lovely views and stuck the bungalows along it. If they start restricting what non-DVC members can enjoy, with what we have to pay to stay there, it will be a deal-breaker for my family. Not everyone has the desire to join DVC and it's making the resorts we loved in the past feel less magical. I know other people feel differently, and that's ok with me. I don't mind every change that is made, but as you said, we can use the Kidani pool when we stay at AKL if we want to...

We stayed at the Poly last February and will be back again this February. So excited!

Our twins will be a couple months shy of three during our vacation. Last year both were able to climb out of the pack n plays so I don't think we can use this again. Plus, they just aren't comfortable.

We haven't moved them to regular beds because we know they won't stay in bed and just love their cribs. So I don't think we can put them in bed with us, even with bed rails.

Do you think we could fit two cribs (from a rental company) in a standard room with either one king or two queens? Full size cribs?

I don't care if we have to crawl across the beds to get from one side of the room to another. That is a small price to pay for twins to sleep at night.

I just can't picture the size of the room and space. One by the window and one in front of the day bed/dresser?

We will be staying at Poly 2/3-2/8 just wondering if it might be warm enough to use pool...I know pool is heated and weather might be iffy! Ooh I think I just answered my own ? Anyway has anyone been able to use pool in Feb???

We will be staying at Poly 2/3-2/8 just wondering if it might be warm enough to use pool...I know pool is heated and weather might be iffy! Ooh I think I just answered my own ? Anyway has anyone been able to use pool in Feb???
We will see you there!! We went 2 yrs ago & our first two days were high 70s & sunny. The next 3 were 60s & misty. We swam those first two days!

We will see you there!! We went 2 yrs ago & our first two days were high 70s & sunny. The next 3 were 60s & misty. We swam those first two days!

Would be fun to meet someone from Dis-boards!!! We were at Poly in August and it was sooooo hot we spent most of our time in pool sitting on the ledge behind the water fall! The temps in the 60s sounds perfect for the parks!

We stayed at the Poly last February and will be back again this February. So excited!

Our twins will be a couple months shy of three during our vacation. Last year both were able to climb out of the pack n plays so I don't think we can use this again. Plus, they just aren't comfortable.

We haven't moved them to regular beds because we know they won't stay in bed and just love their cribs. So I don't think we can put them in bed with us, even with bed rails.

Do you think we could fit two cribs (from a rental company) in a standard room with either one king or two queens? Full size cribs?

I don't care if we have to crawl across the beds to get from one side of the room to another. That is a small price to pay for twins to sleep at night.

I just can't picture the size of the room and space. One by the window and one in front of the day bed/dresser?

What about staying in a studio instead? With the 1 queen bed you would have plenty of room for the 2 cribs in front of the sofa.

We are doing a split stay at POR then a few days at the Poly. It will be our Disneymoon and my wife and myself are looking forward to enjoying more time at the resorts. We have been to disney alot but this will be of first time staying at the Poly. Any tips on the best way to fully enjoy the Polynesian?

Would be fun to meet someone from Dis-boards!!! We were at Poly in August and it was sooooo hot we spent most of our time in pool sitting on the ledge behind the water fall! The temps in the 60s sounds perfect for the parks!
We will be at the Poly in August too, the 13th-20th. What dates will you be there?

I don't think you could fit two cribs in a regular room with two queens...maybe in a DVC room if you did not pull out the sofa and if you crammed the cribs together tightly. The furniture in the room doesn't really move around so you're stuck with where things are at.

All of my kids have been in a bed at around 18 months. Climbers.

We are booked for the 12th-20th. Thinking about that trip is my current stress reliever. :upsidedow
It's my stress reliever too, I love having a Disney trip to look forward to. And I love be able to talk about it with everyone here. maybe we'll run into each other at the pool :)

We used the Disney cribs (not pack and plays) for my large 3 year old this summer. She had just started using a bed, but she could not get out of the crib (or at least, she didn't). I do think you could fit two cribs, one by the window, and one in front of the dresser, sort of between the two beds. I am thinking Disney cribs, though, which are more of a travel size. The Murphy bed is shorter than a regular bed, and I believe you can request rails for the beds, if that helps.

Any room request advice? We have a standard room booked, and like 1st floor, and close to GCH. If I had to pick a side of the resort, I would say towards TTC. We have always stayed in and loved Rarotonga, even the monorail side. Problem is, I don't really want to look at the scrim. Anyway to request monorail side or "non-construction" view? And suggestions for a building that would not have this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter