• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPD just came out & it turns out that I've saved us $800+ on renting DVC points & purchasing all components of the pkg separately! I could do a dance!!! 124 days left! I cannot wait!

Hello I was wondering if any new which of the longhouse house the Deluxe Studio standard view. I am sure the information is right in front of me, but I check on tikiman pages (great website) but I could not find the information. I was not sure if the deluxe studio was any different then just the plain standard view. Thank you in advance for any help with this.

Hello I was wondering if any new which of the longhouse house the Deluxe Studio standard view. I am sure the information is right in front of me, but I check on tikiman pages (great website) but I could not find the information. I was not sure if the deluxe studio was any different then just the plain standard view. Thank you in advance for any help with this.

I recommend Touringplans (http://touringplans.com/hotel_maps/disneys-polynesian-resort) and plugging in what view you are looking for.

Good morning. Need alittle planning advice for Poly. My family is thinking of renting points to stay at a Poly studio. Any longhouse recommendation. Also we are thinking of late Apr or early May, will the construction phase be wrapped up by then? Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

I am wondering if this could be my first reservation WITHOUT a change ;)

I hope it sticks this time :thumbsup2.

Just booked Poly CL for the end of January with a great deal! I'm so excited to go back to our favorite resort pixiedust:

Congrats on a great deal! :yay: Happy planning.

SPD just came out & it turns out that I've saved us $800+ on renting DVC points & purchasing all components of the pkg separately! I could do a dance!!! 124 days left! I cannot wait!

Your trip will be here before you know it :goodvibes. Congrats on the savings with renting points!

:faint::faint::faint::eek: Somehow I have a hard time believing that :lmao:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:banana:So excited!!!! Just booked 2 weeks at the Poly, with the magical deal, for August 2016!!! :yay::cool1::bounce::cheer2:
I could just burst!!!!!! party:

Congrats! :jumping1:

Good morning. Need alittle planning advice for Poly. My family is thinking of renting points to stay at a Poly studio. Any longhouse recommendation. Also we are thinking of late Apr or early May, will the construction phase be wrapped up by then? Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

The quiet pool might still be under construction in April/May. It was scheduled to be completed by spring, but construction on it started a month or two later than expected, so there is a chance it won't be completed by your trip.

Wound up getting a third floor Lava pool view in Samoa.

Started disliking our room when we went to bed the first night around 10pm. The pool doesn't close until 11pm. Pretty loud noise from the pool until it closed. And then I could hear the boats blowing their horns for at least another hour. Like the poster above said, there's no way to keep the fan running in your room for noise, so I downloaded a "fan noise" app on my iPad and set the timer to run until the pool closed.

We stayed in Samoa/3rd Floor/volcano pool side in 2013 and while we loved the view we hated the noise. In the morning it was the leaf blowers ..... in the afternoon it was the daily pool party (no napping for us) ..... and at night it was the pool and boat horns.

I always travel with a small fan because I can't sleep without one. I used to run a fan in my dorm room in college to drown out the noise and now (25+ years later) I always have to sleep with a fan running.

I hope it sticks this time :thumbsup2.

Congrats on a great deal! :yay: Happy planning.

Your trip will be here before you know it :goodvibes. Congrats on the savings with renting points!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Congrats! :jumping1:

The quiet pool might still be under construction in April/May. It was scheduled to be completed by spring, but construction on it started a month or two later than expected, so there is a chance it won't be completed by your trip.

Thanks for the info. Where is the quiet pool located. Also any recommendation for a longhouse for a studio room?

Thanks!

Hi, I just rented a DVC studio (standard view) at Poly for the last three nights of my trip. :cool1: SOOOO EXCITED!
Love the Poly! Can't wait for my kids to see it!
I was wondering if anyone can suggest what building/location to ask for. Also was wondering when I could make that request since I could not do this with the DVC owner.
Can I ask when I check in?
Thanks

Thanks for the info. Where is the quiet pool located. Also any recommendation for a longhouse for a studio room?

Thanks!

You're welcome! I think the DVC longhouses are located on the other side of the resort (away from the quiet pool). Samoa and Hawaii (CL) both overlook the quiet pool, each with GV rooms having that view. I can't help with recommendations for a studio, but hopefully someone else will be able to give some input :).

Last week we booked our magical August 2016 Poly vacation - August 14-19. Woot!

Congrats! :yay:

What will the pool hours be this Sat October 3? Thanks!

I can't answer your question, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

Hi, I just rented a DVC studio (standard view) at Poly for the last three nights of my trip. :cool1: SOOOO EXCITED!
I was wondering if anyone can suggest what building/location to ask for. Also was wondering when I could make that request since I could not do this with the DVC owner.
Thanks

:banana::banana:

I can't help with the DVC questions, but hopefully others will be able to answer :).

Had a studio in August, as a cash reservation. Stayed in Moorea, GV is SV now. Lovely building. It also housed the DVC laundry facilities, of which were free (even for a non-DVC members!) The others are Tokelau and Pago Pago. I'd request Moorea as you can't get a bad view! Since one side is lake view and the rest of the SV rooms face the gardens. Pago Pago rooms are all SV, with garden facing or parking lot. Tokelau, you run the risk of facing the pool construction, if it's still going on. SV is SV anywhere. The deluxe is the studio name itself, nothing different from other SVs. Enjoy your trip and the studio!! See below.

Thanks!

See above. Enjoy your stay! We loved the Poly and the studio!! Just be prepared to take things to help you organize you clothing and toiletries, as there is no dresser. Just a few bathroom drawers and one under the bed. Oh, and the little trunk-like storage. We were 5, so I needed the over the door organizer (which I hung on the shower door) and a hanging storage organizer for the closet and needed ALL the drawers for clothing. It worked, but only because I came prepared. (I like to unpack everything). Loved the 2 bathrooms!!

Thanks

See above. And I'd make the request long before check-in! But as long as you do more than 5 days prior to check-in, you'll be okay. Enjoy your trip! You'll love it!!!

EDIT: @Alexsandra ...Oops sorry! I just reread your post. I guess requesting a room is not done through the resort, but through the owner?? My bad :upsidedow

Last edited:
What the heck???? Who renamed all the FAQ threads to "Social Clubs"?????? People work so hard to accumulate all the resort info for the FAQ and the discussions are about the resorts. They are not "social clubs". :confused::confused3:headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter