Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone at Poly now? Looks like we'll have the a small case of water left when we leave and a foam cooler. Please send me a PM if you're here and want to meet up or I could leave at The bell stand maybe.

Two weeks - lucky you! I will keep my fingers crossed for you to get a balcony!
We are there Aug 22-28 - tomorrow!!!! :mickeyjum I think our trips overlap - maybe we will see you there?! I'll be the tall mother-on-edge with three boys buzzing around her, pic in avi. Say hello or avoid at all costs if you see us ;):rotfl:
Ugh, just saw your post! I finally got a chance tonight to get on Dis! Have a safe trip home! If you saw 2 females at pool with bright pink & green pool noodles that was us, lol.

Now that I'm home I figured out the photobucket thing again
This was our room view from the second floor of Samoa

It worked out great. Mere steps to the pool, Lanai, CC, Trader Sam's. A short walk to the monorail and busses. Could not see Wishes from the room but that was easy to solve
Looks like our room is just above yours! I agree, fantastic location. I'm loving it.
Saw those little baby ducklings too, outside Cooks! So cute, 4 of them.
Got rained out of Typhoon Lagoon this morning! It was sunny when we left Poly. Boy that storm came on fast!!

We check into the Poly on Monday. We're at Wilderness Lodge now, then going on a cruise to the Bahamas (I know, perfect timing, huh?) and then to Poly after the cruise. Anyone else worrying about this Tropical storm? Anyone been to Disney during something like this? We have DS5 and DD3 and I'm hoping we won't be stuck in our room for 2 days! Lol.

We check into the Poly on Monday. We're at Wilderness Lodge now, then going on a cruise to the Bahamas (I know, perfect timing, huh?) and then to Poly after the cruise. Anyone else worrying about this Tropical storm? Anyone been to Disney during something like this? We have DS5 and DD3 and I'm hoping we won't be stuck in our room for 2 days! Lol.
Buy some Bonine or Dramamine Less Drowsy! Even if the ship avoids the storm itself, the whole area will probably have really choppy waters. I don't know if you'll be able to get it on WDW property though. Good luck!

After a horrific travel day yesterday we arrived 12 hours late.

I requested Fiji 3rd floor but received 1st floor facing the marina. The location is awesome.

The poly is just gorgeous. Hoping to truly check it out today. Last night was a lot of of exhaustion and irritability so we didn't get the full effect.

Sorry about the long delay! Glad you finally arrived and hope you are enjoying the Poly.

7 more days. Have no idea how I am going to last another 7 days.

You will be there before you know it! :cool1::cool1:

I can't help as far as the TS, but I hope you have a great time and the TS doesn't interfere with your trip!

SAFE TRAVELS!:wizard: Friends of ours went on a cruise right after a storm in the Bahamas and the waters were VERY ROUGH! Yes, Dramamine or those bands that you wear on your wrist will be great to have with you. I am prone to motion sickness and when we went on the Dream several years ago I wore them and they worked FABULOUS!:thumbsup2::yes:: Don't know if children can wear the bands, but imo if they are approved for children they would probably be easier to administer than Dramamine. Hopefully you will post about your experiences when you get back to the Poly!:goodvibes

Are the adult grilled cheeses back?!? I've never had one but would love to try it!!

Think that I remember reading that they are not "officially on the menu", but you have to ask for it and they will make it! YUM!:cheer2::banana:

Correct - they are not on the menu but if you ask for one they'll make it for you. DH & I ate many of them. SO tasty!

I want to go to there.

:lmao:I love Liz Lemon.

I'm so excited :yay: we are finally in single digits with 9 days before we arrive for our first stay at the Poly!!! Question for those of you there right now, is it busy at the resort? I wondered if things have settled down now that some kids have gone back to school.

I'm so excited :yay: we are finally in single digits with 9 days before we arrive for our first stay at the Poly!!! Question for those of you there right now, is it busy at the resort? I wondered if things have settled down now that some kids have gone back to school.
We are at 9 days too! I'm going with my dad, and my sister, her husband and their 1 year old.

Buy some Bonine or Dramamine Less Drowsy! Even if the ship avoids the storm itself, the whole area will probably have really choppy waters. I don't know if you'll be able to get it on WDW property though. Good luck!

Thanks! I will be stopping at CVS right now! Good idea on the Bonine or Dramamine!

Sorry about the long delay! Glad you finally arrived and hope you are enjoying the Poly.

You will be there before you know it! :cool1::cool1:

I can't help as far as the TS, but I hope you have a great time and the TS doesn't interfere with your trip!

Thank you! I'm more worried about Disney when we get back than the ship. At least I know there's stuff to do on the ship. I hope we don't get stuck in our room for too long!

SAFE TRAVELS!:wizard: Friends of ours went on a cruise right after a storm in the Bahamas and the waters were VERY ROUGH! Yes, Dramamine or those bands that you wear on your wrist will be great to have with you. I am prone to motion sickness and when we went on the Dream several years ago I wore them and they worked FABULOUS!:thumbsup2::yes:: Don't know if children can wear the bands, but imo if they are approved for children they would probably be easier to administer than Dramamine. Hopefully you will post about your experiences when you get back to the Poly!:goodvibes

Thanks!! I definitely plan on posting while at the Poly! :)

Just posting some weather pictures - this was August 17.

Here come the rain clouds .....

View attachment 120273

And here is the rain .....

View attachment 120274

But it didn't last long and the evening was nice.

Memories! I did not take any rain pictures, but since you were right next door, yours look almost as if mine would :)

The rain there does not mess around! We were MK bound that night and I was very grateful it cleared.

Was on a cruise after a hurricane and it was wild. I never once felt sick, and you have to take motion sick pills 12 hours before being on the water for them to work btw, but the ship tossed you around. Everyone was staggering like they were drunk. Things were falling in my cabin. The pool water sloshed up over the observation deck above.

Slowly my online check in date approaches and a couple questions popped up.

1. I want Fiji and would prefer a balcony (could live with patio). But if I pick Fiji and balcony and Fiji isn't available I don't want a longhouse with a balcony overlooking construction. Would it be better to pick Fiji and my second longhouse choice? Or would that just increase my chance of not getting Fiji?

2. Considering I never catch the breaks others do, I assume the monorail will either die altogether or be on the most restricted schedule ever, am I better off catching an early bus at the resort to get to MK and Epcot or walking to TTC to catch a bus? (Also assuming my luck will sink all the resort ferries too...sometime I will tell you about my trip to Florence and my glass half empty outlook will make perfect sense lol).

Hi all!

Checked into the Poly tonight (6:30) and received a room on the 2nd floor in Fiji, facing the beach/Grand Floridian. My online check in and Touring Plans faxed request were for Fiji, balcony facing marina. Although our view is pretty, I hate that we don't have a balcony or at least a patio. The front desk was super nice and we're switching rooms tomorrow. Normally I wouldn't care so much, but if we're stuck in the room for 24 hours due to a hurricane I want something to look at!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter