• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've never stayed club level at the Poly (or anywhere at the World), and will be in a lagoon view room in the Hawaii longhouse in mid-September. When do we submit room requests to the concierge, and any advice on what we should ask for? It looks like the rooms on the far side from the lounge are currently looking out at construction--is that correct? Should we ask for something near the lounge?

We stayed in a LV CL room a few years ago. I requested a first floor room because I wanted to have the patio - thinking the kids would enjoy having that extra room. We got a first floor room and the patio was great. But the noise above us when the family staying there came back at park close was pretty loud. I don't think it was them - I think it was poor insulation. So if I were staying there again, I'd be torn between having that patio and having a third-floor room where I didn't have to worry about noise. Now that my kids are older, the noise might not bother me as much.

The August movie schedule is out. I love the resort movies outside.

• Sundays – The Jungle Book
  • Mondays – Sleeping Beauty
  • Tuesdays – The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Wednesdays – The Emperor's New Groove
  • Thursdays – Ducktales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp
  • Fridays – 101 Dalmatians
  • Saturdays – Big Hero 6

Staying at Poly for the first time in October. Do they have Kona coffee at Captain Cook's? We had really slow service at Kona Cafe last time.

We made our last payment today!! It finally feels real!!! My FP day is Saturday. I'm getting so excited!!!

Yay for being paid in full! Good luck getting your FPs :goodvibes.

I've heard a lot of good things about Samoa. It's close to both pools and an easy walk to the GCH for access to the monorail. Make sure you also request either the first or third floor if you want either a patio or balcony. Most buildings have fake balconies on the second floor. But depending on when you arrive there could be construction on the Oasis (East) pool, so you might want to request facing the Lava pool.

We love Samoa as it's very convenient to everything, IMO :). I agree that a request to face the Lava pool would be a good idea.

While we won't be staying at the Poly for another 29 days in just 7 days we will hopefully be enjoying a beverage at Trader Sam's and enjoying a monorail tour. :drinking1

I'm sure the next 29 days will go fast, but hope you enjoy Trader Sam's and the monorail tour in the meantime :goodvibes.

I hope you have a great trip it's just as lovely as ever!

Here now and we've watched wishes twice from the beach , but no music :(. My oldest found the music on his phone and thinks he can sync it tonight -fingers crossed!

We have to head home tomorrow :sad:

Hope you had a great trip :wizard:.

As for the first floor/third floor dilemma, we were put in a first floor room (I had requested 3rd floor). I was disappointed at first, but it's been fine! We really haven't used the patio much due to heat and rain when we've been at the resort, but the couple of times we did sit out there were nice. Very little foot traffic, and there's a nice buffer of grass between the patio and the walkway.
I was mostly worried about the noise from above, but we haven't heard anything at all! Everything has been really fabulous. If there are any specific questions, I'd be happy to try and answer!

Glad your first floor room was ok. Glad you had a nice stay :).

In our room resting
Roon is perfect
Exactly what we put on the fax request
May be the exact Ron, can't recall. I didn't want the exact room so much as a type of room
Anyway, asked for
1st floor, king bed, Rarotoga (sp?) or Fiji
We are in 1818 at Rarotoga
Steps from bus stop, lobby, TTC, we face the monorail side
Yes we heard pool construction outside but nothing inside at all
The noise outside does not disturb us at all. We ate lunch outside at Captain Cooks

Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

We've never stayed club level at the Poly (or anywhere at the World), and will be in a lagoon view room in the Hawaii longhouse in mid-September. When do we submit room requests to the concierge, and any advice on what we should ask for? It looks like the rooms on the far side from the lounge are currently looking out at construction--is that correct? Should we ask for something near the lounge?

We've never stayed CL at the Poly so I can't help with specific requests, but you can make requests at any time :).

19 days to my first poly - I am so excited.

You will be arriving at the Poly before you know it :banana:.

First time at Polynesian, we're leaving in two weeks. I can remember as a kid, going on the ferry, looking over and dreaming about going here (even as an adult! lol)
Needless to say, I've been looking forward to this for a long time.

As for the construction, I'm so used to it over recent years, I'll be fine (as long as I don't get an excavator in the face) :thumbsup2:figment:

You have a great attitude as far as the construction! I'm sure you will have a magical time :wizard:.

FIRST time for us in October too! CAN'T WAIT!:Pinkbounc

Yay for your first Poly trip :yay:.

We leave in a little over a month and it's been my dream to stay at the poly ever since my grandparents got me a cup from there when I was little. I'm so excited and won't let any construction ruin it!!

You're going to love the Poly :goodvibes.

We arrive August 12 for 6 nights

:banana::banana:

Hello everyone! We have our first stay coming up!

I hope you have a great first stay at the Poly :wizard:.

We returned recently from our first stay at the Poly. Loved it! On the way from the airport shortly after noon I received a text that our rooms were ready. We had 2 standard rooms for our group of 8 and my only request made was patio rooms which we received. We got rooms 1224 and 1228 in Aotearoa which were perfect. 1224 had a view of the lagoon & we could see the fireworks at night. I neither heard nor saw construction going on. No transportation complaints, we made great use of the monorail and boat and took bus to HS and AK. We ate twice at Kona Café for breakfast and dinner and we did the character breakfast at 'Ohana. We didn't have much downtime but managed to hit the pool a few times. It was busy but we always managed to snag pool chairs and the kids loved the splash pad and waterslide. Our last day we spent 10 hours straight at Epcot and got back in time to watch Wishes from the pool which was a wonderful ending to our trip. Can't wait to go back and would love to stay there again!

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly :wizard:.

Staying at Poly for the first time in October.

Hope you enjoy your first stay at the Poly :).

If you booked a Lagoon View room, you won't be on the construction side of the building, so nothing to worry about there. Many folks will request a specific floor depending on balcony preference (the second floor doesn't have a walk-out balcony), but I "think" all or most LV rooms are on the first floor (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this), so requesting a specific floor may not help much.

You can e-mail the Poly IPO with your room requests at any time and just ask them to add it to your reservation. I've done this the last three trips and had success each time. Of my three Poly CL stays, two have been Theme Park View, one Garden View, so my requests aren't 100% applicable to your situation but I tend to ask for a third floor room as a first priority and "close to the lounge" as a second priority. I have young kids so being a few steps closer to the lounge is a preference for us, but I wouldn't be upset if that request wasn't met, Hawaii really isn't that long.

Enjoy your trip!

The August movie schedule is out. I love the resort movies outside.

• Sundays – The Jungle Book
  • Mondays – Sleeping Beauty
  • Tuesdays – The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Wednesdays – The Emperor's New Groove
  • Thursdays – Ducktales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp
  • Fridays – 101 Dalmatians
  • Saturdays – Big Hero 6
Sounds like a great lineup!!

Staying at Poly for the first time in October. Do they have Kona coffee at Captain Cook's? We had really slow service at Kona Cafe last time.
You can get it to go at Kona Cafe. Kona Island sells the Kona Blend, it's not 100% Kona and not press pot.

Do they sell ground Kona coffee beans somewhere in the resort to bring back home?
Yes!

Tikiman posted yesterday Poly is no longer giving AP discount in the merchandise shops :-(

So we leave in a few weeks. Samoa is my FAVORITE building, but they are doing the east pool construction. If I request volcano pool side, should I hear anything going on, on the other side of Samoa?

Just a tip for those trying to get into Trader Sam's when it opens, they handed out pagers at 3:15 for the 4:00 opening. We were getting some food in Cooks for the pool and my DD saw them outside with the pagers. She told them we had to change and was inquiring about how far they worked but the gal at the door said they worked out by the pool and not to bother changing she had a cover up on. When we got paged to go in around 4 the line was huge with people who had no idea about the pagers or were told they were handed out at 3:30 which is what were told the previous days.

So, to clarify, Trader Sam's opens at 400 and being near the pool around 330 will get you a pager? This is then better than lining up because the people with pagers will be called first?

Here now and we've watched wishes twice from the beach , but no music :(. My oldest found the music on his phone and thinks he can sync it tonight -fingers crossed!

We have to head home tomorrow :sad:

Was your son able to sync the music?

Our road trip to Florida begins in just 9 days!!! :banana: Two-day drive, beach for three, then Disney for 11! First-time at the Poly...so excited, can hardly contain myself!!! :Pinkbounc

Whew! That's done :hyper: here's my question...I've looked high and low to find ponchos, but no luck. So looks like we'll be getting the Disney ponchos. Are they sold at the Poly or do I need to wait till we get to the MK that day? And how much are they? I've heard they're good quality, so I'm thinking thicker. Will one fit in a fanny pack? Thanks :wave2:

Correction to my post, oops! I just looked at Tikimans FB page, Kona Island now does serve the 100% Kona press pot!! You get 2 cups. Sorry for wrong info! When we last stayed you could only get Press pot Kona coffee at the cafe! :coffee:

As a newbie to WDW and even more the Poly. Where can I find out information on what we need to know, etc. We will be traveling with 2 children 8 & 11, and heading there the 1st week of June.

As a newbie to WDW and even more the Poly. Where can I find out information on what we need to know, etc. We will be traveling with 2 children 8 & 11, and heading there the 1st week of June.
You've come to the right place. Lots of info on this thread, read page 1. Another great site is Tikiman. He has tons of info about Poly.

A general guide book for WDW is The Unofficial Guide, they also have a web site, Touringplans.com. The book is really good and has invaluable info.
Other good web sites-
Easy Disney
My first visit
All ears.net
Mouse savers.com
And of course this forum!!

Note my correction! Must be new service but now you can get the 100% Kona coffee at Kona Island kiosk!! They never used to carry it, only the blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter