Disney's New "Magic your Way tickets" and 2005 Packages

Okay - forgive my naivety, but I've never used a dining option. For the sit-down meals, may you pick any entree (say, the mushroom filet at Le Cellier), or is there a special menu?

:umbrella:

Okay, I just looked at the official DIsney website and it lists the package deals at Values starting at $1200 (for family with 2 kids), Moderates at $1500 and Deluxes at $2500. I took out the price of tickets for the 6 nt., 7 day pkg. and--much to my horror!--see that the rooms ARE at rack rate. Shows lowest Deluxe at $297 a night. C'mon!!! Surely, there's going to be a better deal that includes resorts!

Karla B. :wizard:

ptrbryant said:
I still think the room rates are going to be discounted as part of the new package plan....really, I do!!!

Karla B. :flower1:

That's right stay positive - truth is - I think so too!!!

I think that there will be discounted packages - but they will run specials as in the past, for certain travel dates, etc... I don't think that you will see discounted rooms as part of a standard offering...

In other words, a Magic Your Way package will consist of rooms at rack rate plus Magic Your Way Starter Pass - you can then 'add-on' the dining plan, park hopper options, magic plus pack, etc.

Then, as the different seasons approach, discounts will be announced - for example - we may see discounted rooms/packages for travel dates of April 16-July 4.

We all know that it was almost always best to book rooms and tickets separately rather than doing the Dream Maker packages, as the Dream Maker package forced you to get the Ultimate Park Hopper.... Disney finally realized this, and is now offering the flexibility that we have always wanted - meanwhile, pricing it so that we will stay longer...

of course - only time will tell.

I agree with ILoveWDW2003. In the past, when rooms were discounted, so were the packages, by the same amount. I haven't read a whole lot, but this looks like a pretty good deal with all the ticket and dining options. The dining option is basically what DW and I did anyway. Food for our family (2 adults, 2 kids) used to run 150-200/day easy. Soon enough, there will be a list with the best places to go for the $$. (like the meal vouchers). And I don't think you will limited on what you can dish you order.

Maybe someone can help me- We're staying a VWL renting points for 5 days, then staying 3 nights at BC in July. How should I buy my tickets- 7 day passes and room only for BC, or try to split up the ticket purchase with a package for my 3 night stay at BC. Just when I think I've got it all figured out! :rolleyes: Also, can you buy the passes at the resort on arrival. The incentive for advance purchase is about the same as the $3 fee for mailing.

Does anyone know when they are going to release pricing for the MYW tickets for 8 days and more?

ptrbryant said:
Okay, I just looked at the official DIsney website and it lists the package deals at Values starting at $1200 (for family with 2 kids), Moderates at $1500 and Deluxes at $2500. I took out the price of tickets for the 6 nt., 7 day pkg. and--much to my horror!--see that the rooms ARE at rack rate. Shows lowest Deluxe at $297 a night. C'mon!!! Surely, there's going to be a better deal that includes resorts!

Karla B. :wizard:

The dreamaker package was rack rate until there was a code out and the price dropped down a bit. I'm sure this deal will work the same way.

I have been looking at this many ways. At this link
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...ourWayIndexPage
it states that the 6 night 7 day MYW pakcage for a family of four starts at less than:
$1500 for a value
$1800 for a Moderate
$2500 for a deluxe
it states it inlcudes the room, base ticket, extra magic hours and guest transportation.
then elsewhere if you look around it gives prices for the tickets/add ons (hoppers, plus, no expiration)

HOWEVER

Since i am comparing the price i can get through like AAA and the price i can get doing this myself i called my AAA agent to see what kind of rate she could get me. She called Disney and was told that they really did not know anything about how the pakages were going to price out. that the rates will not be officially available until 1-2-05 and they were not able to Quote anything. My agent was not sure if that was just for travel agents that they did not know how to quote that yet, but she said it was a triaing issue and they needed this month to get the people trained on the right way to price and do whatever it is they do with the pakages. :scratchin

so at this point i am resolved to wait until Jan 2 to see what kind of rates they are giving out before i book. as this is going along with a cruise and we are going to stay 7 days beforehand i am really hoping to get a good deal on the land (we opted to book the land seperately to try to get a better deal than the land/sea deal) so we can be totally worn out so we can relax on the ship (if that is possible) :rolleyes1

i really beleive they are going to discount the hotels at least some along with the packages since there are no little "perks" that most of us dont use.

keeping my fingers crossed.

:thewave:

I really beleive they are going to discount the hotels at least some along with the packages since there are no little "perks" that most of us dont use.
The Dream Maker package was usually very close in price to the total of the room at rack rate plus the Ultimate Park Hopper - the cost was usually a few dollars more for the package, and I always blamed that on the 'free' lanyards and mini-golf, etc...

Travellers book packages for convenience, not usually for price, especially with Disney - at least this has been my past experience. When I found the Disboards and Mousesavers, I became so educated at how booking room-only and separate tickets could save me money, as I didn't need to purchase the Ultimate Park Hoppers.

Now that the Ultimate Park Hoppers are not forced upon us, and we have the flexibility of the Magic Your Way tickets, we can pick and choose our options to get the best price for us.

Room discounts will still be offered, don't get me wrong - when they need to fill rooms, they will discount them - and they will wrap this in a marketing package.

I was worried, because with these new tickets, I assume we won't see the Play 4 passes for FL residents anymore. :( Those were a really great deal at $125 after taxes for 4 days at Disney. Now I have to step it up another $60 per ticket for just the base ticket. When I went back and thought about it, DH and I never park hopped the whole time we were at Disney in 2001. We visited the same park each day we visited. Did EPCOT one morning, went back to hotel to nap in the afternoon and returned to EPCOT for dinner that same day, so in reality, what did we need hopper tickets for?? If Disney still had the tickets available that allowed one park visit a day, I probably would have purchased those. Did that in 1998 with the 3 day passes. They were perfect for what we needed!! ::yes:: Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens next year with the Play 4 passes. My trip isn't til 2006, so I guess I'll just sit back and observe all the madness til then! :earboy2: :rolleyes: I hope those passes will still be available to FL residents, they were such an incentive to go along with those FABULOUS room rates! :teeth:

*****Well...I just visited Disneyworld.com and found some FL resident deals on these new tickets. They've taken away the Play 4 and made it a Play 3. Not sure that works out for me or not. I have to now buy that extra day so I can visit that 4th park. :confused3 The Play 3 is the SAME price as the Play 4, so I don't see where the value is really. Hmm...maybe I just need to research some more. :guilty: *****

******AHHHHH!!! I just figured it out!! It IS a significant savings for me even if I do have to buy the extra day! DH and I NEVER parked hopped anyway, so the 3 days for 2 at $119 is perfect! For another $53 also at the FL resident rate, I can buy that extra day and now get 4 days for 3...a savings of about $15. I originally was going to have get the 4 day base ticket at $185 + tax to where now I can save $30 and use that for a lunch for DH and I. :cool1: It may not be much to some, but that's a meal for the two of us, or even gas in our car with almost $10 left over for lunch on the way down. :teeth: ******

As everyone else. These new packages open up new options. Last time we stayed at the Dolphin at the Nurses rate nice deal. My wife loved the Sweet Sleeper beds, and the water taxi to MGM and Epcot was neat. We thought about a May trip we wanted to see if we could stay there again. With this new package (which we love the ticket options).

We really like the dinning package idea. But it makes us wonder if staying at Swan or Dolphin along with the dinning package, would be very time consuming. Since all restaurants are in Disney hotels or parks. Also since it would be a package through Disney not sure you would get a good deal on the hotel part of the package even though Disney does book Swan and Dolphin rooms, I have never seen a good discount rate through them.

Does give us excuse to try WL or AKL. Not a bad back up plan that is for sure.

mommiechewie said:
I have been looking at this many ways. At this link
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...ourWayIndexPage
it states that the 6 night 7 day MYW pakcage for a family of four starts at less than:
$1500 for a value
$1800 for a Moderate
$2500 for a deluxe
it states it inlcudes the room, base ticket, extra magic hours and guest transportation.
then elsewhere if you look around it gives prices for the tickets/add ons (hoppers, plus, no expiration)

This is not so bad. Considering that this packages are based on 2 adults, 1 junior and 1 child occupying one standard room during regular season in 2005. Lower prices apply during value seasons in 2005. Not available for all arrival dates. 7-day Theme Park admission must be used within 14 days of first use.

The Regular Season is pretty much all summer. It would be cheaper if you had 2 children ages 3-9 or just 1 child like me!!!

Has anyone booked a 6 night dream maker with 2 adults 1 child 1 junior - Disney reservations site is down for upgrading. I hope to compare prices Monday so I can figure if I should book now or wait.

In our experience, children under 10 always stay in the parents' room for free (don't have any "juniors, so don't know the situation there). So, take the $2500 rate for starting packages at Deluxes, subtract the ticket prcies for 2 adults and 2 children and it's $297 a night...which is $99 MORE a night than full rack rate at AKL or WL. What am I missing here?

Karla B. :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter