Disney's mistake...please advise!

I don't believe for a second that two Disney employees told you to lie. Sorry, they work for the company, I highly doubt that they would do such a thing.

Actually, I had a CM do this to me on our last trip. My son was turning three right before our trip and she kept telling me to just pass him off 2 because it would be so much cheaper.

I insisted to the fact that I wanted him as three because I was paranoid I would get caught. I called again to make sure he was put down as 3.

Nope. I had to call three times before the change was made to my reservation. I'm glad I finally go it changed because the front desk CM was asking ages in a small talk kinda way.

Totally stay on it and make sure they make the changes so it isn't uncomfortable when you check in.

We always have to update our children's ages at checkin....for some reason it's really hard for them to do it over the phone since we have 5 kids. All of ours are at a non free age though, so it's not really a matter of more money....I just liked to have their ages correct every year. I'd call again, if you still get the same mess about lying ask to talk to a supervisor or just give them the extra cash at check in and they can change it. Then he'll have his own ticket and his own dining credits if you're going during free dining :)

It is very surprising that Disney told you to lie. That happen to me once with our reservation 2 year ago. They had my daughter listed as 2 yr old. I called to let them know and they were really quick to change it and give me new price. Knowing myself it would ruin my vacation knowing that I had lied and it is really a bad example for the kids. What if someone just ask how old she is? It would be very embarrassing I would think. For the sake of $300 don't ruin your vacation having to have to worry about it all the time.....
Good luck

No, I agree about the lying. I do not do that. My problem is that when we called initally about booking a trip this year to DW, we were kinda on the fence about going again. But then we got a low quote from the agent(only later I found out they totally left 1 child out of the bill), and that helped sway us toward going and getting ALL of our family to go and pay their hard earned $. It's not that we couldn't afford the extra $300. I guess it's more the principal of the matter. For all we know, it could be a Disney moneymaking ploy,"Let's initally quote them a lower price, so they will get themselves and their extended family to come, and then when they see the mistake, then we'll get the rest of our money." I know, I know, that's far-fetched, but don't forget I had 2 of their agents tell me to lie and not worry about it, that nobody would ask...Believe you me, I got their names. Thanks again for everybody's advice and concerns!!:thumbsup2

Jusy pay the 300. you know its the right thing.

To me, it's this simple- How much is your reputation as an honest person worth to you?:confused3

My honest reputation is worth a LOT more than $300 to me. Period.

I wouldn't lie because a 2 yr old and 4 yr old are NOTHING alike! Last year my uncle asked (when my DD was a little over 3) why I even paid for her b/c we could have lied and I said I couldn't lie and DD is very tall! HaHa I was also afraid a CM would ask her her age. The funny thing is....ever since DD turned 2 when anyone asked her her age she would say 5 hahaha! :rotfl2:

But just be honest, 2 and 4 is a big age difference!

Disney does make mistakes sometimes! Heck, my friend got back from Disney 2 weeks ago and said "explain to me how I got FREE DINING with our 4/3 deal?" They checked in, and the CM said ok here you go, room key, here is the info for your dinging plan..." she was shocked, hadn't ordered the dining plan. They checked to see if they were charged for something they weren't buying, and they weren't, yet it was still given!

LUCKY!! :cool1:

Remember whatever you decide that Karma always comes back around. It may take awhile, but it will get ya back. Maybe even on vaca......... The dreaded stomach nastiness/lost wallet w/all Id, credit cards & trip$$$$$, etc.

You know what the right thing to do is otherwise you wouldn't have asked for our advice. Have a great trip!

But then we got a low quote from the agent(only later I found out they totally left 1 child out of the bill), and that helped sway us toward going and getting ALL of our family to go and pay their hard earned $. For all we know, it could be a Disney moneymaking ploy,"Let's initally quote them a lower price, so they will get themselves and their extended family to come, and then when they see the mistake, then we'll get the rest of our money." I know, I know, that's far-fetched...

I can't imagine that someone at Disney Marketing is sitting in an office thinking to charge families a few hundred dollars less than they should pay in the hopes that they invite extended family members to come along on their vacation. Besides, your post makes it sound as if the family members are paying their own way, so how could you saving some money make it worth while for them to join your vacation?

My cousin suggested lying about my son who just turned 3 last week when we go in May and I said NO WAY! I'd be afraid of bad karma! She said she lied last year about her 3 1/2 yo as being under 3. I mean, whatever but I couldn't do it and I'm glad I'm not the minority on that! :cool1:

Have it changed before you go to the parks for the first time. You won't be happy after standing in line to get in and then the CMs make you get out of the line and go back to get the correct ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter