• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

My husband works for an airline, so he and my daughter are flying stand-by in March. We didn't make DME reservations for them, since we don't know when they will arrive. In the past, we've just retrieved our luggage, then went to DME, explained the situation and got on the bus. But now, I'm reading that maybe they can just give their baggage claim tickets to DME, and not have to get their bags themselves? Even without having prior DME reservations?

Your husband and your daughter have been very, very lucky. DME policy is that they can not transport anyone who does not have a DME reservation. They are supposed to be directed to the Mears shuttle desk.

Im traveling to disney by myself.It will be my first time alone.To avoid worrying about liftng my suitcase and getting it off and on the plane ive decided to try the luggage service.Im super nervous i have heard horror stories about people not getting their luggage.As i understand it i slap the luggage tags on my bag and check it.I will see it in my room.I know to pack a carryon with shorts and stuff. Does anyone have any postive stories to help ease my fears?my trip is for march when should i get my me package?

I am also going in March, I hope to get my ME tags about 3 weeks before the trip

Perhaps this has already been answered, but do I need to link my Magical Express reservation to MDE? I couldn't figure out where to do it if I am supposed to. We have always just had them scan the booklet that comes in the packet.

Thanks!

Four of us are travelling down together and have a rental car, so no ME to AKV.
DH is leaving earlier:sad1:, and wants to take ME for the return flight, the rest of us will not.

How do I arrange this?

Four of us are travelling down together and have a rental car, so no ME to AKV.
DH is leaving earlier:sad1:, and wants to take ME for the return flight, the rest of us will not.

How do I arrange this?

Just call DME and make a reservation for him.

Perhaps this has already been answered, but do I need to link my Magical Express reservation to MDE? I couldn't figure out where to do it if I am supposed to. We have always just had them scan the booklet that comes in the packet. Thanks!

It's not able to do done on MDE, which I think is silly. I was able to do it online at mydisneyreservation.com but some people say that doesn't work for them and they have to call in

It's not able to do done on MDE, which I think is silly. I was able to do it online at mydisneyreservation.com but some people say that doesn't work for them and they have to call in

Thanks! I'll just hand over my booklet when I get there.

I have scanned through several pages and didn't find the answer to my question.

I received my yellow luggage tags and booklet/voucher last week being 60+ days out. I didn't receive my souvenir ID luggage tags in the packet.

I am booked through a conference and I made my ressies through MyDisneyMeetings.com. Could this be the reason why??

I have scanned through several pages and didn't find the answer to my question.

I received my yellow luggage tags and booklet/voucher last week being 60+ days out. I didn't receive my souvenir ID luggage tags in the packet.

I am booked through a conference and I made my ressies through MyDisneyMeetings.com. Could this be the reason why??

The souvenir luggage tags aren't connected to DME. You get them when you book a package. Did you book a package or is it just a room only reservation?

The souvenir luggage tags aren't connected to DME. You get them when you book a package. Did you book a package or is it just a room only reservation?

It was a room only reservation and I bought my park tickets through them as well for a discounted price. So this explains why I didn't receive any. Thanks for the reply.

We booked last minute at 19 days out. Will we get our yellow DME tags in time? Meaning will they bother sending them?

Booked ME for my July trip 2 weeks ago and received the booklet & luggage tags today! Now not to miss place them during the next 4 months! A little question, there are 2 different numbers on the tag up at the top....one is my resort reservation number but was wondering what the other number is? Anyone know?

My trip is in 16 days.
I already received my DME packet and luggage tags.

Tomorrow I am going to change my reservation to a different resort
Was booked at AS sports and am changing to POP.

Thus my yellow DME luggage tags will be incorrect...(incorrect resort since they say AS sports on them)

Will they send me new tags or should I not put the yellow tags on and give them my updated info when I check in at the DME desk.

Thanks!

My trip is in 16 days.
I already received my DME packet and luggage tags.

Tomorrow I am going to change my reservation to a different resort
Was booked at AS sports and am changing to POP.

Thus my yellow DME luggage tags will be incorrect...(incorrect resort since they say AS sports on them)

Will they send me new tags or should I not put the yellow tags on and give them my updated info when I check in at the DME desk.

Thanks!

As long as your reservation number didn't change, the tags you have will work because the bar code is connected to your reservation number. You can cross out AS Sports and write Pop above it, just make sure you don't write on the bar code.

I just booked our reservation for DME for our May trip. I know you can't link it to your magicbands, but how can I view my reservation on the Disney site? The MDE only lists the resort reservations. I got the email confirming it, but that's all so far.

As long as your reservation number didn't change, the tags you have will work because the bar code is connected to your reservation number. You can cross out AS Sports and write Pop above it, just make sure you don't write on the bar code.

We booked a room at POP, received our tags, cancelled the room at POP, booked a new room at POP with a new reservation #, and then, added a day at CBR prior to our POP stay.

Per CM at MDE, we crossed out everything but our name and wrote our new res#, date and resort info on the tags.

I just wanted to report that our bags made it perfectly fine even with all the changes.

I have a flight going from Los Angeles to Austin. then a short layover and then flying from Austin to Orlando. My question is when making a reservation for magical express, for the departure flight info do I need to put the flight # for the flight from Los Angeles to Austin, or the flight # for Austin to Orlando?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter