Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

Im not sure if I should be posting my question here but ill give it a try. In April, my aunt's work conference will be held in WDW and I am tagging along. I will most likely fly to and from by myself. Will I still be able to use ME, even though I will only be a guest in her room and my name will not be on the res at all? Thanks :)

Im not sure if I should be posting my question here but ill give it a try. In April, my aunt's work conference will be held in WDW and I am tagging along. I will most likely fly to and from by myself. Will I still be able to use ME, even though I will only be a guest in her room and my name will not be on the res at all? Thanks :)

No, you need to be listed as a Disney resort guest on a reservation in order to reserve with and use DME.

No, you need to be listed as a Disney resort guest on a reservation in order to reserve with and use DME.[/

ok thanks. her company always pays for everything, we wont be paying for the room so we are not going to be booking a normal wdw res. just trying to figure out how we r gonna work this out. thanks for the help.

As you already know, you can't ride DME without an active room reservation...and since you aren't listed, you can't ride.
BUT, you can head to the Mears counter when you get to MCO...it's down next to the DME area. I think it costs about $30 pp r/t to get from MCO to a WDW resort. You can't book it in advance, but you can do it once you get there. Inall likelihood, they will put you on a DME bus to your resort...perhaps the same one your aunt is on.

A few questions to my fellow Canadians out there.

We're flying down from Toronto in February. The airport in Toronto has US Customs before you enter the gate area, so every other flight I've taken to the US from Toronto has been treated as a domestic flight since you've already cleared customs before boarding the plane. However, our last trip to WDW (2005) we didn't pass through customs at the airport, was that just a unique situation or do you have to pass through customs in Orlando? Hope that makes sense.

Also, I've read varying comments in this thread about whether Canadians receive tags for ME or not. Still 37 days out for the trip so not expecting anything this week, just wondering if we'll receive them or not.

Thanks in advance!

We fly through Halifax and clear customs before we leave here. We did not have to go through customs in the States, it was at the Hfx airport both going down and coming home. We received ME tags for our last trip in 2011 and I expect that we will receive tags again this time. If you do not receive tags all you have to do is give the fine folks at the ME welcome center your luggage claim tags and they'll get your bags for you. Hope that helps!

Just called to add ME. The CM said it wasn't too late (we leave in 18 days) but i had kids running all over & forgot to confirm that luggage tags would arrive in time :(. Hopefully they do!!!!

We haven't had the best luck so far in receiving things on time from Disney. We STILL haven't received our planning DVD that was ordered online over a month ago and it took 4 weeks to get our confirmation!!!

Fingers crossed for luggage tags to somehow find their way here without any delays.

our trip to disney is 3 weeks away & still haven,t received magical express luggage tags. Spoke with member services & was told they were mailed on 1/4/13 . Getting a little anxious to have these. How long before I should get really nervous? :confused3

Getting these tags has been quite a hassle. I added someone to my reservation back on 12/14 and was told everything was in order. Nothing came so I called on 1/7 and was told they'd be here by Friday. Nothing Friday or today, so I call again and they say nothing has been sent out, but they'll be sent now. We leave on 1/26 and I seriously doubt I'll see anything before then.:headache:

We received our Disney packet today with the vouchers & luggage tags, it did not come with Magical Express tags? Does that normally come after? We still have a few weeks, we leave February 12th.

We received our Disney packet today with the vouchers & luggage tags, it did not come with Magical Express tags? Does that normally come after? We still have a few weeks, we leave February 12th.

Yes, sometimes all these items will come in the same mailing; sometimes they are separate. I have yet to get a combined mailing on my previous trips.

I'm assuming that you booked a resort package, and the packet you got was the one with the 'extras' such as minigolf, arcade vouchers and the hard plastic luggage tags, right?
Your DME packet should come about 4 weeks prior to travel. That packet will have your bus vouchers (coming and going) as well as a yellow luggage tag for each person listed on the reservation.

We are from Canada and received our Magical Express vouchers and luggage tags several days ago. I'm sorry, but I don't recall about customs in Toronto.

I have changed our flight to an earlier time to arrive in Orlando, but when I booked the reservation and provided the flight info it was a later flight, but the same day.

If I don't plan on using the luggage tags, do I need to contact them and have my flight info changed? We will be using Magical Express but our flight is arriving earlier than what they have on file.

TIA!

I have changed our flight to an earlier time to arrive in Orlando, but when I booked the reservation and provided the flight info it was a later flight, but the same day.

If I don't plan on using the luggage tags, do I need to contact them and have my flight info changed? We will be using Magical Express but our flight is arriving earlier than what they have on file.

TIA!

For the arrival flight, I don't think it's required that you call to update even if you were using the luggage tags. But really, if I were you I would make the update since it should be an easy call to make and a quick update.

As you probably already know, it's the departure flight information that needs to be accurate to ensure a timely pickup at your resort when going home.

we are going to use ME for the first time since having to pay for our luggage...DO we pay when we bring our luggage to the ME pickup in the morning of departure and how does one do it...cash or CC??
Thank you for the info

we are going to use ME for the first time since having to pay for our luggage...DO we pay when we bring our luggage to the ME pickup in the morning of departure and how does one do it...cash or CC??
Thank you for the info
Back a few years ago, I flew Delta home. There were instructions on my DME info sheet...they gave a phone number to call, the day before departure, and pay your checked bag fees. BUT....I seem to remember someone saying here (actually multiple someones!) that you can do that right at the RAC counter.
I would ask once you get to your resort...just to be on the safe side.

I couldnt find an answer to my question, please help

We are using ME the day we arrive and leave. We are flying Southwest. The day we leave, we check out in the hotel lobby and are able to check in for our flight? Do we bring our bags to the lobby with us or do they collect them the night before? We have an 8pm flight at night. I'm just curious to how they airline tag our bags.

Also since we will be able to go to a park on our check out day, will the hotel hold our carry ons in the lobby and we grab them upon our return for the ME?

thanks in advance

Yes. They will hold your bags for you. I never let them check me in to my airline so I never use the return tags. I call and they pick up our bags in the room and give us a ticket. We then go to the parks and come back in plenty of time for them to get our bags out of storage and wait for the ME bus to pick us up. We take our bags to the airport ourselves.
Nancy princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter