Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

A quick question. I have two room reservations for Poly in late Nov. early Dec.
My wife and I have one ressie and my daughter and her family have the other. Each of us have one bag (two for our res. and four for my daughter's). I also have a van rented from MCO. I plan on driving the van to the Poly while the other five ride the DME. I was led to believe that if at least one person, per reservation, checks in at the bus, all luggage for that reservation is loaded, I.E. My wife and my bags on ours and my daughters family on theirs. True? I would hate to have my bag sitting at the MCO :headache:

I am the original poster of the above quote. Yesterday, we received all of our DME tags and vouchers :banana:. However, being a little paranoid , I noticed that the tags have a name on each, mine and my wife's. The same on the vouchers. If only she is boarding, both bags will still get loaded, right? Or do I physically, have to be at the DME area? I have read that all bags with yellow tags are picked up at MCO and delivered to the resorts on those tags, but, if that is the case, how can they segregate the ones who actually ride the bus from the ones which no one rides? Not the case in my circumstance, as stated in quote. Again, does one person from each reservation have to check in at the DME or does all, listed on the vouchers, have to do so? What is the exact bus boarding procedure? Thanks.

I am the original poster of the above quote. Yesterday, we received all of our DME tags and vouchers :banana:. However, being a little paranoid , I noticed that the tags have a name on each, mine and my wife's. The same on the vouchers. If only she is boarding, both bags will still get loaded, right? Or do I physically, have to be at the DME area? I have read that all bags with yellow tags are picked up at MCO and delivered to the resorts on those tags, but, if that is the case, how can they segregate the ones who actually ride the bus from the ones which no one rides? Not the case in my circumstance, as stated in quote. Again, does one person from each reservation have to check in at the DME or does all, listed on the vouchers, have to do so? What is the exact bus boarding procedure? Thanks.

Don't worry, all of the tagged bags will be collected and delivered.

As for the bus boarding procedure, it's super easy. You go to the DME counter, you check in, they direct you to a line, and when your bus shows up you get on it.

Don't worry, all of the tagged bags will be collected and delivered.

As for the bus boarding procedure, it's super easy. You go to the DME counter, you check in, they direct you to a line, and when your bus shows up you get on it.

Thank you! :dance3:

Ya know how you get your ME voucher package about a month before your trip?? Well I called to add my April trip flight info a couple weeks ago. They sent me two tags for that trip. Then yesterday I got the vouchers for my April 2012 trip with two more tags. (Which is good cause I need four.) But I haven't gotten my Dec. 2011 voucher yet. When I called I was told it would go out next week. Not sure why they sent the others so early?? :confused3

Nancy princess:

I am wondering if anyone knows if they check ID for anyone riding DME? We booked 3 reservations, but have just added a 4th person to our trip, and are actually renting a car at the airport (long story, don't ask), and are wondering if we can just substitute one of the DME riders with our new person? (So originally persons A, B, & C were going to ride, now can persons A & D ride?)

I am wondering if anyone knows if they check ID for anyone riding DME? We booked 3 reservations, but have just added a 4th person to our trip, and are actually renting a car at the airport (long story, don't ask), and are wondering if we can just substitute one of the DME riders with our new person? (So originally persons A, B, & C were going to ride, now can persons A & D ride?)
Shouldn't be an issue. As long as they are the same sex, no one is going to question you. But, if 'Mary' is now using 'Johns' voucher, they may question you. Probably not, but it could happen.

We leave in 21 days, and are going with my inlaws. FIL booked through a TA. Will the DME packet get sent to him, the TA, or will we get ours at our address? We haven't gotten anything yet, and neither has FIL. Do I need to call?

We leave in 21 days, and are going with my inlaws. FIL booked through a TA. Will the DME packet get sent to him, the TA, or will we get ours at our address? We haven't gotten anything yet, and neither has FIL. Do I need to call?
Since the trip was booked through a TA, that TA 'owns' the reservation until you guys actually checkin. The DME materials are normally sent to the TA who then gets them to the guest. I would have the inlaws call the TA to see where the packet is.

Our ME packet did't arrive at the TA. She called and they said that they forgot to send it out and that they would send it right to me by UPS. So if it doesn't come in time, I don't have a problem picking up my luggage and taking it to the bus myself, but don't I need a bar code to be scanned to get on the bus and what about the return trip. I have 5 days before I leave.
thanks for anyones help.

Our ME packet did't arrive at the TA. She called and they said that they forgot to send it out and that they would send it right to me by UPS. So if it doesn't come in time, I don't have a problem picking up my luggage and taking it to the bus myself, but don't I need a bar code to be scanned to get on the bus and what about the return trip. I have 5 days before I leave.
thanks for anyones help.

Even if you don't get the tags, you'll still be able to have DME pick up your luggage and you'll still be able to get on the bus. Just head to the DME desk.

As long as you have reservations in the system, you're good to go. If you don't get your info packet, with tags and vouchers, prior to travel, you have a few options. You can head to baggage claim and get your bags and bring them to DME with you. Or you can head right to the DME counter and then give the CM your baggage receipts and a descripton of your bags, and they will send someone to get the bags and have then delivered for you.

Either way, the DME CM will print out new vouchers for the bus for you...then you'll be good to go.

Here's my situation. I'm flying in to MCO early in the morning. I'm going to go see family for a few hours, head back to the airport, and check-in with DME to ride over to WDW. Should I get my luggage and haul it around with me or just put the tags on it and hope that it is in the resort luggage hold until I check in at the resort a few hours later? I know they just collect all the luggage and ship it over to Disney anyhow, but has anyone done this before?? :confused3

Here's my situation. I'm flying in to MCO early in the morning. I'm going to go see family for a few hours, head back to the airport, and check-in with DME to ride over to WDW. Should I get my luggage and haul it around with me or just put the tags on it and hope that it is in the resort luggage hold until I check in at the resort a few hours later? I know they just collect all the luggage and ship it over to Disney anyhow, but has anyone done this before?? :confused3

Let the luggage go on without you. I feel sure you will be just fine having your luggage sent via DME. We always keep a "stuff needed for going to the parks" backpack with us and also a "just in case our luggage is lost emergency" backpack w/ pj's, bathing suit, one day clothing and tothbursh...small toiletries. If you are not going to the parks that day, you could just have a "just in case---one day supply bag"----we hvae nevr had any troubles with DME and hae used it once or twice a year since it began. have a gret trip and visit w/ your family! ps) If you lug your luggage around---you will need to possbly buy a cart to haul your stuff through the airport and then once again when you are back ath the airport to get to the bus and then you will porabaly have to tip the DME bus drivers for handling your luggage. Kind of a hassle compared to check it in and find it a tyour room later. popcorn::

leave luggage for DME to deliver the next day? Our plane arrives at 10:30 PM - have been told by a friend to go ahead and attach our luggage tags at our home airport and take a carryon for the next day's clothes and DME will still deliver the bags to our room the next morning. Other information I have read states that we need to pick up our luggage that night ourself from the luggage claim. Does anyone know which is correct?

#2. Also, other family members will fly in to MCO a couple of days prior to visit friends and rent a car at MCO. Does anyone know if, when they return their car, can they just get directions to the DME and board with their luggage by showing their Disney resort reservations??

Thanks for any help on either issue!!
:love:

23 days and counting!!! :cheer2:

leave luggage for DME to deliver the next day? Our plane arrives at 10:30 PM - have been told by a friend to go ahead and attach our luggage tags at our home airport and take a carryon for the next day's clothes and DME will still deliver the bags to our room the next morning. Other information I have read states that we need to pick up our luggage that night ourself from the luggage claim. Does anyone know which is correct?

#2. Also, other family members will fly in to MCO a couple of days prior to visit friends and rent a car at MCO. Does anyone know if, when they return their car, can they just get directions to the DME and board with their luggage by showing their Disney resort reservations??

Thanks for any help on either issue!!
:love:

23 days and counting!!! :cheer2:

#1. You need to pick up your own luggage. If you don't, it will spend a considerable amount of time on the carrousel before eventually being taken to the unclaimed luggage office.

#2. They can do that, but they will have to make a reservation with DME first. They can't just show up at the counter without a reservation and get on the bus.

So to make sure I have this right...
We are flying SW from Columbus, OH to MCO.

We check in at CMH with our pretty yellow tags on our bags. When we arrive to MCO we bypass baggage claim and get on the DME bus. When we get to the resort we check in and take our carry ons to the room - our checked bags will arrive later

When we are to depart our resort we check in at the RAC to get our boarding passes and give them our checked bags without the pretty yellow tags. We then give the luggage check our carryons and have fun until its time to depart.

How long until we get to our resort after arriving at MCO? What time will be be departing ASSp for a flight that leaves MCO at 8:45?

TIA!

So to make sure I have this right...
We are flying SW from Columbus, OH to MCO.

We check in at CMH with our pretty yellow tags on our bags. When we arrive to MCO we bypass baggage claim and get on the DME bus. When we get to the resort we check in and take our carry ons to the room - our checked bags will arrive later

When we are to depart our resort we check in at the RAC to get our boarding passes and give them our checked bags without the pretty yellow tags. We then give the luggage check our carryons and have fun until its time to depart.
Exactly.
How long until we get to our resort after arriving at MCO?
It depends on how many stops your bus makes before your resort. They'll mix guests to several locations on the same bus. Generally for us, we're at the resort check-in desk about 60-90 minutes after exiting the plane.
What time will be be departing ASSp for a flight that leaves MCO at 8:45?
The buses have a regular scheduled pick-up times at each resort. Your bus will be the one closest to three hours before your departure. RAC opens at 5:00, so you should have plenty of time to check your bags and be ready for the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter