Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

I tried to search for the answer to my question, but this board is just too long. So I am going to just ask and hope someone can help me out. Our flight doesn't show up at MCO until 12:05a, we wanted to stay at the POP, but since we come in so late, I thought it would be easier to stay the night at the Hilton in the Airport. Is it even possible to take DME to the POP at that time of night. And if we stay at the Hilton will DME pick us up in the morning? I would appreciate any insight!

Thanks

This is probably a dumb question, but I read the first ten screens and the last ten or so screens and did not see the answer, so here goes. We have a connecting flight. I assume that doesn't mattter and we still put the ME tags on our luggagge before we get to the airport for our first flight. Is that correct? The airline on't be confused by the ME tags being on there when they go to transfer them to the second plane? Not sure there is any other way to do it other than claiming the luggage at MCO, in which case it would be too late.

I tried to search for the answer to my question, but this board is just too long. So I am going to just ask and hope someone can help me out. Our flight doesn't show up at MCO until 12:05a, we wanted to stay at the POP, but since we come in so late, I thought it would be easier to stay the night at the Hilton in the Airport. Is it even possible to take DME to the POP at that time of night. And if we stay at the Hilton will DME pick us up in the morning? I would appreciate any insight!

Thanks
DME runs 24/7...doesn't matter when you arrive. Your bags will not be picked up for you though. DME luggage delivery stops at 10pm, and doesn't restart until the next morning, maybe around 6ish. If you choose to stay at the airport that night, you can still ride DME to Pop the next morning. Just don't give DME any flight info. As long as you have a DME reservation, you'll be good to go. When you arrive at MCO that night, just go to baggage claim and get your bags and take them with you. Then, the next morning, take them to the bus with you..they will be stowed underneath the bus you are on.

This is probably a dumb question, but I read the first ten screens and the last ten or so screens and did not see the answer, so here goes. We have a connecting flight. I assume that doesn't mattter and we still put the ME tags on our luggagge before we get to the airport for our first flight. Is that correct? The airline on't be confused by the ME tags being on there when they go to transfer them to the second plane? Not sure there is any other way to do it other than claiming the luggage at MCO, in which case it would be too late.
Yep, you'll be fine. The bags will get to MCO even though it's a connecting flight. Have no worries.

Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate it, and it helps me a lot. My folks are snowbirds and stay in Naples. My mom wants us to come to FL to visit, but I can't stand the idea of being in the state of FL and not visiting the theme parks. I don't want to rent a car for the week, so we want to do 2 days at Disney, and us DME, then rent a car for the day from MCO and take it to Fort Meyers airport, where my parents will pick us up for the remainder of the trip. It was actually cheaper to fly into MCO and out or Ft. Meyers. So thank you, you have helped me a lot.

DD,DS, and I will arrive on March 12, SWA out of Buffalo. DH will arrive on the 14th. Will he still use the same ME luggage tags as us, or does he need his own, with his flight info on it?

DD,DS, and I will arrive on March 12, SWA out of Buffalo. DH will arrive on the 14th. Will he still use the same ME luggage tags as us, or does he need his own, with his flight info on it?
Your DH should use the same yellow tag you do. There should be one with his name on it...everyone on the reservation gets one. Doesn't matter when he arrives. The info on the tag is the resort reservation info...has nothing to do with his flight arrival. My dh has flown in later than us before with no issues at all.

I have a reservation for Saratoga Springs, but I'm wait-listed at Boardwalk Villas and Beach Club Villas. I just got my DME packet, which lists SS as my resort. If my wait list comes through (please, please, please!), can I still use the same luggage tags, or do I need to notify DME of the change?

I have a reservation for Saratoga Springs, but I'm wait-listed at Boardwalk Villas and Beach Club Villas. I just got my DME packet, which lists SS as my resort. If my wait list comes through (please, please, please!), can I still use the same luggage tags, or do I need to notify DME of the change?

As long as your reservation number stays the same, you'll be fine. If that reservation number changes, then you'll need to let DME know.

Two quick questions - assuming our flight arrives on time, 8.30pm will we get our bags before 11pm?

If we decide to take our bags ourselves, how far is the walk from the bag claim to ME? I'm assuming there are luggage carts to assist? Our flight is by American Airlines.

Two quick questions - assuming our flight arrives on time, 8.30pm will we get our bags before 11pm?

If we decide to take our bags ourselves, how far is the walk from the bag claim to ME? I'm assuming there are luggage carts to assist? Our flight is by American Airlines.
DME info packet states that you should expect your bags, in your room, up to 3-4 hrs after resort checkin. Note that is RESORT checkin, not airport checkin. So, if your flight arrives, ontimes, at 8:30, you should be at your resort by 9:45ish, your bags could be there at anytime up to 12:30. But, in all reality, they will more likely be there by 11-11:30, perhaps even sooner.

I can't remember which side of MCO AA arrives on. If you arrive on Side A, you will have to go down to level 2, get your bags, then back up to level 3 (which you arrived on), cross the main area of the airport, over to Side B, and then down to level 1 and to DME. If you arrive on Side B, much easier. Just get off the tram, and head to the Side B signs, down to level 2, grab your bags, then continue on down to level 1 for DME.

DME has mailed us three different packages already, we first added one person, cancel out a person, than add another person. The last two package they sent us came on the same day, which one do I use? they both have the information right, one package shows the cancel people and the people who are on the ressie, and the other shows just who is in our package. I booked a package and room only at the same resort, they both show the same reservation number for one of the line and a different reservation number on the other line.
The same reservation number shows up on the first line in the one package and in the second package shows up on the second line and the first line is a different set on number. Hope that make sense. Does it make any difference which one I use?

DME has mailed us three different packages already, we first added one person, cancel out a person, than add another person. The last two package they sent us came on the same day, which one do I use? they both have the information right, one package shows the cancel people and the people who are on the ressie, and the other shows just who is in our package. I booked a package and room only at the same resort, they both show the same reservation number for one of the line and a different reservation number on the other line.
The same reservation number shows up on the first line in the one package and in the second package shows up on the second line and the first line is a different set on number. Hope that make sense. Does it make any difference which one I use?

Use the vouchers/tags that have the correct reservation number, as well as the correct arrival date. As long as the people that are using DME are listed on your reservation they should all be fine. It's not as if DME checks IDs against vouchers.

thanks for the reply. I look at the reservation number for the package which has letters and numbers on it, and the room only reservation number, and neither of them match the numbers on the DME luggage tags? So how do I know which one is right? Or does it really matter? I am probally more worried than I should be, both have the correct arrival dates.

I don't want to give you any bad advice. I would give DME a call...number is in your packet..and ask them which tags to use. Seems there were a lot of changes made, so it might be a good idea to call them anyway and see what they have listed in their system.

Hello,

I am travelling in December to WDW from Canada, and my first US City is Orlando - I will be using the ME service, but was just wondering about how baggage claim would work in this case. Also, I am meeting someone on the connecting flight and they will not have the baggage tag as the trip is a surprise for them. Would we have to claim our bags once arriving at MCO and then bring them to the coach?

Thanks!

Hello,

I am travelling in December to WDW from Canada, and my first US City is Orlando - I will be using the ME service, but was just wondering about how baggage claim would work in this case. Also, I am meeting someone on the connecting flight and they will not have the baggage tag as the trip is a surprise for them. Would we have to claim our bags once arriving at MCO and then bring them to the coach?

Thanks!
I can't help you too much with baggage and DME when coming from Canada. But I'm sure someone here can. But, for your friend, you can either go to baggage claim and get the bags there and then bring them to DME wth you, or you can go directly to DME and give them your baggage info (claim receipt numbers, a description of the bags) and they will send someone to get them and then transfer them to the resort for you.

Can anyone confirm that SWA is a ME participating airline from CSR?

To the best of my knowledge, SW is now a participating airline at all resorts.

Can anyone confirm that SWA is a ME participating airline from CSR?

Just confirming what goofy4tink said ... Southwest passengers staying at ALL WDW owned-and-operated resorts can use Resort Airline Check-in.

Hello,

Thanks!

It depends what Canadian city you're flying from. Some have U.S. Customs in the home airport, meaning that when you land in Orlando you're treated like a domestic flight, since you already cleared U.S. Customs at your home airport. In such a case, if your bags have DME tags then you can just skip baggage claim and have DME deliver your checked bags to your room.

Now, your friend. Same applies in terms of U.S. Customs. If that's the case, then your friend can still have DME take care of their bags. They'll just need to go to the DME counter at the Orlando airport and give them their baggage claim ticket info as well as a physical description of each bag. A DME cast member will be dispatched to go to baggage claim, get the bags, print DME tags for them and then put them on their way with the rest of the DME luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter