Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

Our arrival flight is due in at 8:55pm (hoping it will be anyway). If our flight isn't late, will DME still deliver our bags that night to our hotel room, or will it be the next morning? I can't imagine us getting to our room before 11pm? We are staying at Pop. Any thoughts on a time line we can expect?

Thanks!:thumbsup2
DME stops collecting bags at 10pm, and restarts the next morning. Since you're arriving around 9, you should be fine. BUT...if you get to POP at 10-10:30ish, it may be a looooong wait for your bags. I've had the worst luggage delivery from DME at POP. It wasn't DME's fault, it's luggage assistence at POP. If I were you, I would not tag my checked bags and I would head to baggage claim at MCO and get them and then bring them to the bus with me. That way you'll have them. Otherwise, you won't get those bags until past midnight, and very possibly not until the next morning!!!

I requested DME on June 27th, and wondered if we would get our luggage tags in time for our flight on the 10th. I called DME this morning and found that our tags were mailed from (wherever DME is:confused3) on June 30th. I'm fairly confident that they will be here sometime this week (assuming that DME uses 1st class mail:confused3) and I wont have to pick up my families bags in orlando. :thumbsup2

I have to go to the luggage carosel to help my SIL and neice pick up bags and then find their car rental place, but at least its just two bags and not 6:banana: unless im unlucky:confused3

I requested DME on June 27th, and wondered if we would get our luggage tags in time for our flight on the 10th. I called DME this morning and found that our tags were mailed from (wherever DME is:confused3) on June 30th. I'm fairly confident that they will be here sometime this week (assuming that DME uses 1st class mail:confused3) and I wont have to pick up my families bags in orlando. :thumbsup2

I have to go to the luggage carosel to help my SIL and neice pick up bags and then find their car rental place, but at least its just two bags and not 6:banana: unless im unlucky:confused3
DME tells us they 'need' 10 days to process and mail out the info packets. You fall in that catagory. You should get your packet in the next few days.

:confused3:surfweb:any one know or remember if DME sends the packets 1st Class mail? or some kind of bulk mail rate?

:confused3:surfweb:any one know or remember if DME sends the packets 1st Class mail? or some kind of bulk mail rate?
When did you book DME??? If you haven't gotten your packet yet, you may want to call DME just to make sure you are in their system.

When did you book DME??? If you haven't gotten your packet yet, you may want to call DME just to make sure you are in their system.

I booked our flights on June 29th,:scared1: called DME on June 30th :worship: to arrange for the service. I spoke with DME on the 5th and they told me that the packet was mailed on June 30th. :cool1:

So Ive got my fingers crossed that we will recive the packet today, tommorow or Sat for our flight sunday morningpixiedust:

I booked our flights on June 29th,:scared1: called DME on June 30th :worship: to arrange for the service. I spoke with DME on the 5th and they told me that the packet was mailed on June 30th. :cool1:

So Ive got my fingers crossed that we will recive the packet today, tommorow or Sat for our flight sunday morningpixiedust:
Wow...that's cutting it close. DME tells us they need 10 to process and mail your packet to you...the 10th day is your day of travel and a Sunday!!

If, for some reason, the packet doesn't get to you before you fly, don't worry. You can go to the DME counter and give them a description of your bags, how many there are, and the claim receipts for them. they will send someone to get them and get them to the resort for you. While you are at the counter, you can have new vouchers printed out for the bus ride as well. I've packed my vouchers in my checked bags in the past...after having a good laugh at my expense, they happily printed out vouchers for us.

Wow...that's cutting it close. DME tells us they need 10 to process and mail your packet to you...the 10th day is your day of travel and a Sunday!!

If, for some reason, the packet doesn't get to you before you fly, don't worry. You can go to the DME counter and give them a description of your bags, how many there are, and the claim receipts for them. they will send someone to get them and get them to the resort for you. While you are at the counter, you can have new vouchers printed out for the bus ride as well. I've packed my vouchers in my checked bags in the past...after having a good laugh at my expense, they happily printed out vouchers for us.

Yeah, we had planned on driving until I realized that I had miles on a capital one card that could cover some of the airfare and make it affordable.

:surfweb:It friday morning, two days, (one more day with mail service) and we havent recieved the packet yet, there is still hope:wizard: and with a little pixiedust:luck the tags will come today or tommorow:yay:

:surfweb:It friday morning, two days, (one more day with mail service) and we havent recieved the packet yet, there is still hope:wizard: and with a little pixiedust:luck the tags will come today or tommorow:yay:
Fingers crossed for you!! You'll have a great time in any case!!

We just received a pin # for a "Free Upgrade" from Pop to a moderate. Our check in date is one week away. Of course we had already received our Magical Express luggage tags. When I asked the cm today about still being able to use them he said yes-that it didn't matter what resort name was on the tags, that they would scan the reservation number and the bags would be sent to my new resort. I'm really hesitant about this and am wondering if I should just retrieve my luggage and take it on the ME bus with me. Any thoughts?

We just received a pin # for a "Free Upgrade" from Pop to a moderate. Our check in date is one week away. Of course we had already received our Magical Express luggage tags. When I asked the cm today about still being able to use them he said yes-that it didn't matter what resort name was on the tags, that they would scan the reservation number and the bags would be sent to my new resort. I'm really hesitant about this and am wondering if I should just retrieve my luggage and take it on the ME bus with me. Any thoughts?
If you have the exact same reservation number, you're good to go. The wording on the tags isn't important...the bar code. If you didn't have a change in reservation number then the info related to that number will be available when it's scanned.
You can always cross out, carefully, the old resort name and write in the new one. But don't mess with the bar code at all.

Oooh---how did you get your pin? Email? Mail? Sounds exciting! Which mod did you pick? I'd call DME just to double check but I am sure you are updated in their computer system. If it helps you feel better, you can cross out POP-Classic and AK on your tags and write in your resort and area. Great pixie dust!!:wizard:

Thank you both for your reassurance about the luggage tags. Isn't it funny that Disney told me the same thing but I feel more secure about reading it from the great people here on the Dis!:) Our reservation # stayed the same.

We received the Pin # by email. I'm guessing they must have overbooked the pref. rooms at Pop. We are excited about Coronado Springs and are scrambling to read every bit if info we can find on it!

Thanks again for your replies.

Congrats party:

I would LOVE to get one of these. I was wondering if you are booked with free dining and got this pin would you be able to use both?

I don't know about an upgrade w/free dining. We had a room only reservation. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you-maybe you will still get one:)

Congrats party:

I would LOVE to get one of these. I was wondering if you are booked with free dining and got this pin would you be able to use both?

Most likely not. Disney doesn't allow you to stack discounts. BUT...if you booked a particular resort, with free dining, and they had to move you for some reason (maintainence issue or overbooking) then you may very well be able to keep the free dining.

Without reading through the entire sticky, if we are on a 5:30pm flight, what time to do we meet ME and when is our luggage taken from our room?

TY:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter